gruffydd

Purbeck Housing Action - Meeting Tonight

Just found this...

http://www.purbeckhousingaction.co.uk

"Purbeck Housing Action - South Dorset, England

Our first full public meeting takes place on TUESDAY 26th JUNE at

the Purbeck Arts Centre, Commercial Rd, Swanage at 7.30pm. We will

be explaining to those attending what we're actually doing as a

group, recruiting new members and passing out relevant information.

If you are in the area, please feel welcome to come and join in -

our meetings are far from dull and everyone gets to have a say!

Purbeck Housing Action is steaming ahead with local research into

current housing needs, Government reports & recent research

conducted throughout the UK by official bodies. We are organising

plans to survey our local area to provide currently unknown figures

relating to people living 'under the radar' - in garages, sheds,

caravans, mobiles and so on. These residents currently have NO

VOICE and we intend to give them one for the first time.

We are also continuing to discuss working with our local council to

affect positive change - we are working with Cymuned in rolling out

the Homes4locals campaign throughout the UK as we believe this may

soon become a highly effective and influential world-wide campaign

- we already have people from Cyprus wanting to join! The next step

is to continue actively pushing district councils throughout the UK

to sign up to the policy.

Our umbrella group ukcommunities.org is due to be launched in July

- together with our new national campaign 'Offset your 2nd home' -

watch this space! The website will offer all community action

groups in the UK a webpage on the site, there's a forum so you'll

be able to communicate and discuss plans and research and we'll be

sharing information, advice and offering downloadable campaign

packs, petition forms, posters and so on. This is going to be HUGE

and numbers mean power - a better chance for us all to affect

change locally.

FFI or to request a webpage on the new site, please contact me on

info@purbeckhousingaction.co.uk.

Nico Campbell-Allen

Purbeck Housing Action"

Cheers

Gruff

Edited by gruffydd

I always think that the "campaign" will always lack any bite because lets face it, anyone with the drvie and intelligence to carry somethin like this through is not someone who is worried about buying a house - they would have made it happen a loooong time ago!

I always think that the "campaign" will always lack any bite because lets face it, anyone with the drvie and intelligence to carry somethin like this through is not someone who is worried about buying a house - they would have made it happen a loooong time ago!

so does that mean people who rent apartments for a grand a week and dont own homes lack drive ?

wonder what lack of drive got them in a position to rent a grand a week apartment in central london or new york ?

So if they're like 21 and straight out of uni they're doomed to failure. The logic of a turnip head!

Anyway Orbital, not all of us have a problem OURSELVES - some of us actually worry about the social consequences of unaffordable housing - you know - sometimes you see these organisations called 'charities' like the NSPCC and Shelter, or campaigning organisations like 'Amnesty International' who - SHOCK HORROR!!!! - actually work on behalf of OTHER people.

Life's not all about just ME ME ME.

Edited by gruffydd

So if they're like 21 and straight out of uni they're doomed to failure.

Absolutely. They should have shown more drive and been born earlier.... stupid bastards deserve everything they get.

Absolutely. They should have shown more drive and been born earlier.... stupid bastards deserve everything they get.

There is a large portion of hubris in all this. The owners of real estate have been given what amounts to a VERY large government hand out and been told that they earned it through their endeavour and cleverness. Many of these people are still, with all the evidence before their eyes, holding out that this was earned by them and so NOT at anyone else's expense and so cannot possibly concede that their fortune has come at the expense of deepening poverty and debt for others, despite the easily understood, common sense reason that shows that it does. It is a pure matter of a narcissistic selective editing of reality.

Your posts exude an increasing lack of self confidence. I recommend you lay off the pompous ignoramus act for awhile.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
There is a large portion of hubris in all this. The owners of real estate have been given what amounts to a VERY large government hand out and been told that they earned it through their endeavour and cleverness. Many of these people are still, with all the evidence before their eyes, holding out that this was earned by them and so NOT at anyone else's expense and so cannot possibly concede that their fortune has come at the expense of deepening poverty and debt for others, despite the easily understood, common sense reason that shows that it does. It is a pure matter of a narcissistic selective editing of reality.

Are you calling my mum a narsist?

Your posts exude an increasing lack of self confidence. I recommend you lay off the pompous ignoramus act for awhile.

He's like Lord Haw-Haw.

Ah, but there's nothing so nice as

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Orbital.

Bliss.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I urinate on your overpriced portfolio.

Maybe we have a para-military wing.

Such a well reasoned and factual post as usual, could I have a "link please" to back up your assertion?

Just curious but would you prefer it if we just skipped on to the name calling and avoided any reasoned debate or discussion and meet you at your own level? if so I would like to open with "naive-fuctard", your turn.

http://www.purbeckhousingaction.co.uk

I like the lamp-post posters... Hilariously polite but hey, a step in the right direction. I love the comment about graffiti being bad as it makes people angry. Middle England or waht :lol::lol::lol:

These signs were deliberately written in such a way so as not to offend, but nonethless were removed by the Police the following day.

The local economy relies heavily on tourism towards which these second homes contribute very little.

We have seen our house prices pushed far out of reach of anyone on a local wage and as you can see we are now getting a bit fed up with it.

Last year Jonathan Ross bought a Farm just outside Swanage! The local covens have missed the summer solstice so they'll have to wait until Sept 23rd for the autumn equinox. At least that'll give em time to build the sixty foot Wicker Man on top of the 'Gad Cliff', that’s used around these parts to deal with such problems........ I can see it now the sons and daughters of Gabriel and Bathsheba fortified with scrumpy and sloe gin, dancing round dressed in Badger skins and antlers like whirling dervishes............those incoming grockles better be practicing the 'The Lords my Sheppard and Onward Christian Soldiers’ to repel the flames lickin at their feet!!!

Last year Jonathan Ross bought a Farm just outside Swanage! The local covens have missed the summer solstice so they'll have to wait until Sept 23rd for the autumn equinox. At least that'll give em time to build the sixty foot Wicker Man on top of the 'Gad Cliff', that’s used around these parts to deal with such problems........ I can see it now the sons and daughters of Gabriel and Bathsheba fortified with scrumpy and sloe gin, dancing round dressed in Badger skins and antlers like whirling dervishes............those incoming grockles better be practicing the 'The Lords my Sheppard and Onward Christian Soldiers’ to repel the flames lickin at their feet!!!

Thats funny ! hope you dont mind if i put it on Purbeckhousingactions forum.

The "farm" is very close to the town, not outside and not so much a farm anymore though.

I am sure his door will be knocked on very soon asking for a contribution to the cause.