House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Things Must Be Bad: I'm Being Hounded By Estate Agents!

Is it just me, or are EAs starting to panic?

I'm a prospective FTB in the South East - but holding off until house prices drop.

However, recently I've been hounded by numerous EAs trying to get me to take a look at various properties they've recently got on their books.

A few months ago, they wouldn't even give me the time of day! :ph34r:

Edited by studdymx

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Well wait until the monsoon stops and potential buyers find the house they were interested in was seriously flooded.

Then multiply that across the country and a hard time will be had by many in the coming months.

Ask yourself, would you buy a property which was damaged by the current flooding?

I'm a prospective FTB in the South East - but holding off until house prices drop.

However, recently I've been hounded by numerous EAs trying to get me to take a look at various properties they've recently got on their books.

...but the money is drying up, and we have more sellers than people who have the ability or inclination to buy...we need you and the money you can borrow, how much do you need? We can sort it, no problem.

Funny Isn't it?

I remember when i asked about seeing a house late 2003, they told me they dont do appointments anymore, they instead said that, in the New Paradigm, they do "Group Viewings/tours" instead where they take 50 buyers round each house.

Give them a kick in return, now that the boot is on the other foot? (what you giveth, you shall recieveth)

I'm being spammed by Primelocation as never before. I used to recieved one email a week from them with 10 or 15 properties. Now I am getting emails every day. Last week one arrived with 40 properties. It is all a bit of a waste of electrons really because I am happy renting.

Well wait until the monsoon stops and potential buyers find the house they were interested in was seriously flooded.

Then multiply that across the country and a hard time will be had by many in the coming months.

Ask yourself, would you buy a property which was damaged by the current flooding?

I was thinking of buying an ex-Soviet diesel sub and parking it somewhere on a plot of land - if flooding gets too bad I can jump inside and seal the hatch until the deluge stops; if it doesn`t then I`ll start up the engines and relocate!

`Noah come down come rushing in!` :lol:

Edited by southsea13

You make an excellent point here.

They are probably looking for FTBs with S U C K E R written on their forehead to offload BTLs portfolios. Though you may get a number with water views at certain times of the years. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funny Isn't it?

I remember when i asked about seeing a house late 2003, they told me they dont do appointments anymore, they instead said that, in the New Paradigm, they do "Group Viewings/tours" instead where they take 50 buyers round each house.

Give them a kick in return, now that the boot is on the other foot? (what you giveth, you shall recieveth)

Yes, get your revenge on the old group viewing scam.

Tell the EA's you will only do a viewing where you attend on your own, accompanied by a group of 10 seperate competing EA's. ;)

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

Relax, stay calm.

Don't listen to dreary old Charlie drumming on about the rain.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Its only estate agents using cheap labour (student holidays) to drum up some business.

Its summer.

Thats what estate agents do in the summer. ;)

Yes, get your revenge on the old group viewing scam.

Tell the EA's you will only do a viewing where you attend on your own, accompanied by a group of 10 seperate competing EA's. ;)

Actually, you may have a point here. Any vendor that has enlisted 5 or 6 EA's to market their property, you could easily play one off the other. i.e. "I want 15% off, or I'l just make sure one of the other EA's gets the comission".

... they do "Group Viewings/tours" instead where they take 50 buyers round each house.

I absolutely hate group viewings. I've only ever done one. It put me right off a very nice house because it felt 'invaded', almost polluted by all those tramplers.

p

So wont that just drop the prices of flooded properties and raise the price of properties on hills. Great news for FTBs with wellies!

Actually, you may have a point here. Any vendor that has enlisted 5 or 6 EA's to market their property, you could easily play one off the other. i.e. "I want 15% off, or I'l just make sure one of the other EA's gets the comission".

Usually when a seller has more than one For Sale sign on the property it equates to one desperate seller therefore guaranteed price reduction. You know things are getting bad when you see this.

Edited by joey

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

"You'd better hurry back with your best offer, I've got loads of estate agents interested, I won't be around long."

I might ****** with a few estate agents this weekend just for sport.

"You'd better hurry back with your best offer, I've got loads of estate agents interested, I won't be around long."

I might ****** with a few estate agents this weekend just for sport.

I was thinking more along the lines of an EA version of this (blindfolded)

Perhaps getting rival Ea's to race their mini's off a pier, or judging their contribution to a graphic website called 'EA's wives' :D

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship