House Price Crash Forum
Guest UK Debt Slave

Blair Says Referendum On Europe Not Necessary

Guest mattsta1964

Another step nearer to the Superstate and totalitarianism

Incredible

All we need now is a Sterling crisis to get us to take the Euro.

I don't understand how one man can sign away the powers of a Sovereign State..... it's beyond belief. Surely the House of Commons and the House of Lords can intervene?? If not, what the friggin hell is the point of a democracy or a multi layered system of government? When did the UK become a dictatorship?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I don't understand how one man can sign away the powers of a Sovereign State..... it's beyond belief. Surely the House of Commons and the House of Lords can intervene?? If not, what the friggin hell is the point of a democracy or a multi layered system of government? When did the UK become a dictatorship?

It's quite a handy exit strategy once you've ******ed up a currency to move to another one.

I'm 6 months away from debt freedom.

The only positive advantage of this country for me has been a highly valued currency.

The rest has just been a steady stream of badly conceived legislation and declining living standards.

In common with many graduates of a similar age, we're emigrating as soon as we hit 0 sterling liabilities.

......he probably has designs for a job in the new set up......!

Guest Winnie
......he probably has designs for a job in the new set up......!

Oh o, it is suddenly all fitting into place....

Granita conversation:

TB - How do we kepp ourselves in power for longer than the Thatch?

GB - Easy, we make the people wealthy beyond their wildest dreams - always works

TB - How do we do that?

GB - I inflate house prices to the size of an about to explode uberZeppelin and you leave just in time to make it a done deal we have to join the Euro.....

TB - OK ETA?

GB - Let's say Autumn 2007

TB - Cheers you Scots brute....

I can't find out what he's signed away exactly, but the timing is bizarre.

Right in the middle of his farewell tour, he's currently nothing but a lame duck, he left the post months ago, but he breaks off to go and sign this. Strange

Mr Blair, in a statement to the Commons, said the UK's social security and benefits system was "completely protected".

So long as the scroungers are ok then

How about one woman??

p

Ok, one person, is that better.... or is it a swipe at Thatcher, who started the ball rolling?

Guest mattsta1964

This is HIGH TREASON

They can't be allowed to do this with a referendum.

There will be blood in the streets. I don't think the British, dumb as they are for the most part, will stand for this.

How about one woman??

p

This is HIGH TREASON

There will be blood in the streets. I don't think the British, dumb as they are for the most part, will stand for this.

Dumb as we are, I don't think most people know what is going on..... thanks to a dismal media and declining education system.

Ok, one person, is that better.... or is it a swipe at Thatcher, who started the ball rolling?

.....I thought Heath started the ball rolling for the UK.....Maggie tightened the conditions in Britain's favour...which Blair and GBrown gave away a couple of years ago.............!

This is HIGH TREASON

I agree with you 100%

Brown said "this has now passed our (my) 4 red lines(?) so we dont need a referendum as im now satisfied"

Thats not the idea Brown you idiot, we want to decide not you!

I think your wrong about the "british" they will stand for anything as proven time and time again, they've got no backbone. You were right about them being dumb though.

.....I thought Heath started the ball rolling for the UK.....Maggie tightened the conditions in Britain's favour...which Blair and GBrown gave away a couple of years ago.............!

Nah, Maggie got some of the cash back, but she gave away more powers with the Single European Act than any other Treaty, including this one.

I think your wrong about the "british" they will stand for anything as proven time and time again, they've got no backbone. You were right about them being dumb though.

So it's rather astonishing that people with no backbone managed to build the most powerful Empire (for its time) that the world has ever seen, eh?

The problem is that anyone who stands up to complain about the treasonous activities of this and previous governments is immediately shot down as a 'xenophobe' or 'racist'. However, I get the impression that those words have been so overused now that fewer and fewer people care anymore.

So it's rather astonishing that people with no backbone managed to build the most powerful Empire (for its time) that the world has ever seen, eh?

The problem is that anyone who stands up to complain about the treasonous activities of this and previous governments is immediately shot down as a 'xenophobe' or 'racist'. However, I get the impression that those words have been so overused now that fewer and fewer people care anymore.

Mark I think you're right... political correctness has passed its sell-by date. People are now willing to call a spade a spade. The tide is turning.... hallelujah!

Edited by Dubai

Nah, Maggie got some of the cash back, but she gave away more powers with the Single European Act than any other Treaty, including this one.

got it one, jdc.

BBC-How Europe splits the Tories

Harold Macmillan lodged the first application to join, Edward Heath took Britain in and Margaret Thatcher signed the Single European Act - the treaty from which much of the EU's future integration has flown (she now protests she was misled as to its meaning).

p

Edited by patprimer74

Dont think many of the people who live in England had a lot to do with building an empire. Many who call themselves British havnt been here that long.

Who gives a **** about building empires? For God Queen and Country and all that. Whos country is this? You jingoistic types?

Think you got bully mixed up with the word brave. Its true the British bullied many countries throughout the world, I dont think that was anything to be proud of though

Edited by Flat Bear

Dont think many of the people who live in England had a lot to do with building an empire. Many who call themselves British havnt been here that long.

Who gives a **** about building empires? For God Queen and Country and all that. Whos country is this? You jingoistic types?

FB.... most people in England (and Scotland, Wales and Ireland) have relatives, or forefathers, who had plenty to do with building an empire.

You're quite right.... many in England today haven't been here that long, but they are still a tiny minority.

As to whose Country it is.... well, it's Gods. As to who are the rightful custodians.... I would say that it's those who have invested most, i.e., had families going back generations that have paid taxes, died or spilt blood in wars, engaged in political debate and contributed to the arts and sciences of the Country. I sincerely believe that those people have a greater claim to its governence than someone who has pitched up in the past few months expecting to be fed and sheltered for nothing.

Edited by Dubai

FB.... most people in England (and Scotland, Wales and Ireland) have relatives, or forefathers, who had plenty to do with building an empire.

You're quite right.... many in England today haven't been here that long, but they are still a tiny minority.

As to whose Country it is.... well, it's Gods. As to who are the rightful custodians.... I would say that it's those who have invested most, i.e., had families going back generations that have paid taxes, died or spilt blood in wars, engaged in political debate and contributed to the arts and sciences of the Country. I sincerely believe that those people have a greater claim to its governence than someone who has pitched up in the past few months expecting to be fed and sheltered for nothing.

The last time someone had to actually fight for this country was over 60 years ago. Wonder if anyone would fight for it today?

I agree. It is utterly beyond belief and is an act of vile trechary.

I agree. It is utterly beyond belief and is an act of vile trechary.

It would be if it were true. It will have to go through the Commons and the Lords. Now as it happens I think it should go to a Referendum, but EU treaties never have before - not under Thatcher, not under Blair, not under Heath, and not under Major.

Guest mattsta1964
It would be if it were true. It will have to go through the Commons and the Lords. Now as it happens I think it should go to a Referendum, but EU treaties never have before - not under Thatcher, not under Blair, not under Heath, and not under Major.

It makes no difference

Short of revolution which will never happen in a country populated by dumb serfs, our fate is sealed