House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chriso

Any Movies About A Financial Crash Or Similar?

Got a quiet Sunday on the cards and quite fancied the idea of watching a movie about a financial crash of some kind wether it be the 1929 or the 80's. Could be houses, financial markets, Tulips, I dont give a monkeys.

If you know any, let me know!!!

Thanks!!

Guest grumpy-old-man
Got a quiet Sunday on the cards and quite fancied the idea of watching a movie about a financial crash of some kind wether it be the 1929 or the 80's. Could be houses, financial markets, Tulips, I dont give a monkeys.

If you know any, let me know!!!

Thanks!!

GC2 & the World Stock Market Crash of 2008 will be available in 2013, bundled up with the 2012 Olympic Blunders dvd, priced in Yen. ;)

Guest grumpy-old-man
Cinderella Man, true story about someone who loses everthing in the 1929 crash and has to start out at the bottom again

that was a good film & makes you realise how dependant you are when things go dramatically wrong.

sky ch 547 business channel, they have some good stuff on, a film called dow & jones is on 9pm tonight, but the best ones to watch out for are tulipmainia, the crash of 1929 as well as a few about the dot com bubble (they are often repeated).

warren buffet Q&A on now. (with bill gates)

Edited by gfromls

Along with The Grapes of Wrath...

I am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang

The Roaring Twenties

Lots of German films made between the Wall Street Crash and Hitler's election, e.g. Die DreigroƟchen Oper

Sing As We Go (though most films which dealt with the social effect of the 1930s depression in Britain were heavily censored, you don't have to read between the lines too intensively)

Love On the Dole

Wall Street (dramatising the 1980s boom before the bust)

etc. etc...

that was a good film & makes you realise how dependant you are when things go dramatically wrong.

Film is amazing true classic, what about the part when he takes his releaf money back. How many people would do that today. Hell he didnt want to take it in the first place

Guest grumpy-old-man
Film is amazing true classic, what about the part when he takes his releaf money back. How many people would do that today. Hell he didnt want to take it in the first place

yes, that would almost never happen would it ?

I remember once in bournemouth when I was 17, I had been finished from a temporary hotel job, I was really, really skint, starving & I had no money at all. I was going to the dole office to sign on & then the job centre to get a new job.

A man walking in front of me dropped his wallet (I can remember this like it was yesterday) & he hadn't realised. I picked up the wallet, I could see it had loads of cash in it. I shouted the guy, he stopped & I gave him the wallet, he just took it off me & said thanks.

It was early afternoon, I went without food that day, it was hard to get to sleep as well. I had no family to ask for help.

That's not a nice feeling BUT it must have been far, far worse for a father to end up like that with a family to feed, cloth & house eh ? :(