House Price Crash Forum

How Can We Hope To Have Democracy - Read This!

Guest vicmac64

HOLA441
Guest vicmac64

22nd June 2007

Brussels bulldozes peaceful protest

I've just received the following email from UKIP - what do you think?? What Democracy do we have left as a Nation???

'Four MEPs were threatened with arrest today after Belgian police objected to a peaceful protest outside the European Union summit. Divisional Commander Pierre Vandernissen said he was "acting on instructions from a higher authority" when he confiscated an inflatable bulldozer and threatened to arrest MEPs Nigel Farage, John Whittaker, Derek Clark and Gerard Batten. When questioned why he was doing it, he answered "because I have the power" and refused to say whether or not it was politically motivated. "I don't have to answer you" he said. Part of the discussions over the new EU Treaty is the plan to decide Justice and Home Affairs by Qualified Majority Voting and remove the veto which Britain currently has. The inflatable bulldozer was part of an 11,000 euro display by the Independence and Democracy group attacking EU politicians for their secrecy over the treaty. On it was written, 'Clearing the way for the EU constitution' and 'don't let them bulldoze the treaty through'. Within 20 minutes of the bulldozer being inflated, just yards from the entrance to the European Council on the 'Zone of Free Expression', 35 policemen had arrived, switched the generator off and parked their police vans to obscure the view of the world's TV cameras which had been trained on the spot. The inflatable was confiscated and will not be returned until the end of the summit, if then. The police commander told Mr Farage that "you will go to a cell for 12 hours and then we will sort it out." He later threatened to arrest everyone in the area, including civil servants and members of the press. UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage slammed the moves by police as "storm trooper tactics." "I have seen the future of Europe, and I don't like it." said Mr Farage. "It was an outrageous response to what was intended to be a humorous counterpoint to the debate over the future of the continent". "We have protested all over Europe without a complaint from anybody. This is a deliberate attempt to stifle any objection to the new EU treaty. "Once again we have seen that the EU don't want to know about concerns people may have. They can't accept that 'no' means 'no' which is why they are holding discussions over this treaty in secret, and they are trying to sneak in parts of the EU Constitution even though the French and Dutch voted against it. "How Labour, Conservatives and Liberal Democrats can want to hand over more power to these people is, frankly, astonishing."

UK Independence Party MEPs threatened with arrest for campaigning against the destruction of democracy in the European Union '

HOLA442

yep, hence why 'police states' are emerging/growing globally - esp in the uk

as the global workforce is created and living standards continue to fall (esp in western economies) - more and more people will react

they'll need much more force to counteract any mass resistance to change

you'll be seeing a lot more of this...

...but probably not in the uk - were an apathetic bunch imo - certainly explains a lot of sustained/continued 'injustice' in many areas of life in the uk

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest vicmac64
I've never really liked the French, but my respect for them is increasing immensely!

Nothing wrong with the French people - they are good people just like us and the Germans, and Italians and Spanish and Polish and all other nationalities - tis high time they realised they are being taken for a ride by the 'political business elite' - I am no communist - or rank capitialist (ones as bad as the other as far as I am concerned) and we need true democracy free from these rascals that control us!

Why should the ordinary man have to suffer?? while these view us as sheeple???? Why should they milk us like animals?

I am as good as any of them - are you?

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest vicmac64
yep, hence why 'police states' are emerging/growing globally - esp in the uk

as the global workforce is created and living standards continue to fall (esp in western economies) - more and more people will react

they'll need much more force to counteract any mass resistance to change

you'll be seeing a lot more of this...

...but probably not in the uk - were an apathetic bunch imo - certainly explains a lot of sustained/continued 'injustice' in many areas of life in the uk

yeah - you and i think pretty much the same!!

I love my country!!

HOLA447
Guest vicmac64
I'm sure most are fine, however, when I've been holidaying there (snowboarding) I've had nothing but problems from them.

Edit: And they never EVER queue!!

Ha Ha - second real laugh tonight - you're right of course - been there but I'm too old to snowboard so have to stick to the skiis and my gammy knee ( blacks no prob though !!!)

Don't you love em for not queuing though - I like the Frenchies attitude to authority - and their mistaken nationalism (mistaken because they think they can be French and in Europe tooo - but of course the Euro is rapidly debunking that theory - so much for smart people! I'd rather have common sense any day!!!!!

I feel sorry for all the people of Europe that have been misled and conned into giving up their freedom!!!! INCLUDING US!!!!!

HOLA448
22nd June 2007

Brussels bulldozes peaceful protest

I've just received the following email from UKIP - what do you think?? What Democracy do we have left as a Nation???

'Four MEPs were threatened with arrest today after Belgian police objected to a peaceful protest outside the European Union summit. Divisional Commander Pierre Vandernissen said he was "acting on instructions from a higher authority" when he confiscated an inflatable bulldozer and threatened to arrest MEPs Nigel Farage, John Whittaker, Derek Clark and Gerard Batten. When questioned why he was doing it, he answered "because I have the power" and refused to say whether or not it was politically motivated. "I don't have to answer you" he said. Part of the discussions over the new EU Treaty is the plan to decide Justice and Home Affairs by Qualified Majority Voting and remove the veto which Britain currently has. The inflatable bulldozer was part of an 11,000 euro display by the Independence and Democracy group attacking EU politicians for their secrecy over the treaty. On it was written, 'Clearing the way for the EU constitution' and 'don't let them bulldoze the treaty through'. Within 20 minutes of the bulldozer being inflated, just yards from the entrance to the European Council on the 'Zone of Free Expression', 35 policemen had arrived, switched the generator off and parked their police vans to obscure the view of the world's TV cameras which had been trained on the spot. The inflatable was confiscated and will not be returned until the end of the summit, if then. The police commander told Mr Farage that "you will go to a cell for 12 hours and then we will sort it out." He later threatened to arrest everyone in the area, including civil servants and members of the press. UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage slammed the moves by police as "storm trooper tactics." "I have seen the future of Europe, and I don't like it." said Mr Farage. "It was an outrageous response to what was intended to be a humorous counterpoint to the debate over the future of the continent". "We have protested all over Europe without a complaint from anybody. This is a deliberate attempt to stifle any objection to the new EU treaty. "Once again we have seen that the EU don't want to know about concerns people may have. They can't accept that 'no' means 'no' which is why they are holding discussions over this treaty in secret, and they are trying to sneak in parts of the EU Constitution even though the French and Dutch voted against it. "How Labour, Conservatives and Liberal Democrats can want to hand over more power to these people is, frankly, astonishing."

UK Independence Party MEPs threatened with arrest for campaigning against the destruction of democracy in the European Union '

......sounds like the NuLabour party conference................!

HOLA449
HOLA4410
He should try doing that outside Westminster... :ph34r:

Our Mafia bosses are upsetting so many people that it's they that now need protection from our facist police state and will flee the country once the peoples law catches up with them.

democracy give it a break.

is it true that we can now all go shop lifting as it's no longer a criminal offence, My them prisons must be filling up of people like me that see the big picture

HOLA4411

Archived