House Price Crash Forum

Subliminally Battered With The Governments Views

Guest worthless_site

HOLA441
Guest barebear

Has anyone else noticed the general mindset of young people has changed drmatically in the 10 years since labour has been in power.

1/They don't care about debt

2/Prison is an acceptable place to have been

3/They are very anti-racist remarks, even jokes

4/They dont vote

5/They know sod all about Europe

6/They have no aspiration to own their own home

7/They see work and signing on as one and the same thing with no future in either.

I have children in their late teens early twenties and its very difficult to argue against them when they say theres no point in working,it gets you nowhere,I will never have my own place etc.

One of them is a chef in the states who enjoys a fair standard of living,certainly a standard he wouldn't achieve here doing the same job.The eldest one who is here,didn't do very well at school for one reason or the other and sais the only type of work he can get pays less than signing on !! He cant do the traditional things kids with no qualifications did,i.e. work on a building site,those jobs are taken by poles working for peanuts and sleeping in their cars. If he did what his brother does and became a chef it would pay him less than the accumalative benefits of signing on.

WTF is wrong with this country ? It seems to me that our younger generations are fast becoming a seperate society who dont vote and have no ambition because theres very little achievable.

NB Younger generation = 18 to 40 years old.

When I was in my 20's Maggie was in power and bitch though she was at least there was hope and you could strive for things and have a chance of getting them.

HOLA442

The younger generation will inherit a country that has gone from being diverse and entrepreneurial to one owned by a handful of mega corporations and one that is hypnotised by a diet of low quality TV, vacuous childrens TV presenters and televised cookery competitions. It would simply not have been possible for programmes like "Big Brother" to thrive in an educated country. On top of this, the young watch as their jobs are one by one, outsourced to cheaper countries whilst simultaneously being sold the dream of university as a passport to a better life. Once upon a time, it was possible for somebody of reasonable intelligence to get by, even thrive, in the UK. They just needed to learn a trade and stick at something. Nowadays, they are competing with people all over the world for the same jobs. It's no wonder that they see their opportunities narrowed. The sense of apathy that this induces, leads to binge drinking and antisocial behaviour. Globalisation hasn't helped anyone but the rich, and the values that most of those who can remember the last labour government, have been dismantled one by one. Being born somewhere does (or should) bestow upon you some sense of identity and a stake in your future that is under your control. The constant flux of people coming into the country (and those leaving it) has muddied the waters to such an extent that it is no longer possible to feel secure or safe in ones own back yard. On the one hand, rural communities are blighted by second homers and holiday cottages and on the other, the inner cities are full of migrants who either see the UK as a soft touch or are using it as a stepping stone to some other place. Established communities are being, or have been fragmented and the UK is now a hub for international travellers, billionaires who pay no, or vey little tax and a growing underclass of youngsters whose aspirations and dreams have been shattered by the instability of globalisation and greed. What is needed is a return to local politics and small businesses. Cartels should be smashed and some tariffs or protectionism reintroduced. If France is able to get away with this in the supposed EU, then why can't we?

Edited by BarrelShifter

HOLA443

We're being swamped with stories about why we need ID cards... todays is the driving test fraud thing. After all a driving examiner could test your DNA at the roadside to ensure you're the right person.

And another - your credit file - id fraud - and wrong info.

Oh oy how an ID card could solve all this

Edited by chichi

HOLA444
Guest barebear

We should take a leaf out of France's book if they dont like something they don't have it,i.e the smoking ban.I for one will be smoking in every pub toilet in protest until its withdrawn.

I.D. cards are another blight on our liberties for god sake Britain wake up!! We need the spirit of the poll tax protests back.Clog the courts up so much with their stupid smoking ban ,speed cameras and such like that they have to start doing what th majority of people actually want.

HOLA445

DNA sample, RFID chips, CCTV's and long range listen devices

If only Hitler had these devices back in 1939

Shame the UK is so full of cowards that just say 'Well what can i do about it' WAKE UP it's your duty to do something about it so get organised with others around you and wait until time is ready to kick all the phyco MP's where it hurts.

HOLA446
Guest Winnie

The younger generation will inherit a country that has gone from being diverse and entrepreneurial to one owned by a handful of mega corporations and one that is hypnotised by a diet of low quality TV, vacuous childrens TV presenters and televised cookery competitions. It would simply not have been possible for programmes like "Big Brother" to thrive in an educated country.

Great post BS.

I think Big Brother is the single best indicator of the mess which has been created in our education system since our Shirley Williams & co. Couple this with the converging decline in societal values, and the moneygrabbing wannabe celebrity world which has come from a mixture of credit loosening since the 80s and the arrival of bling and not just the justification, but the glorification of conspicuous consumption we have a program which sums up the behaviour and aspirations of a whole generation. The effect it has on the news is also horrific - AOL has it as it's front screen item the whole time it is running, and all the papers report on it as if it is a world event.

HOLA447

We have a debt money system based on usury that will always make each successive generation worse off. The banking machine has so corrupted politics that they have suppressed any public debate or choice. Everyone depends on debt for new money.

We are a house OWING not owning society. In 1963 51% owned their own home (ie with no mortgage). In 1996 it was down to 35%. Progress ? How can all that extra work, productivity, advances in technology provide us with a lower total of homes owned and so much more indebtedness ? Because the system set up by private banking interests only functions to make them rich, and us economic serfs. Now even more homes are bought up on easy credit and an entire generation are priced out. When the crash comes, the financial institutions will pick up the pieces at rock bottom prices.

Socially this is has been a disaster. From the 1970's both partners had to work to buy a home, the kids are neglected, parents are stressed out over debt, and the population realise that both political parties are in the pocket of wealthy vested interests and it makes little difference who they vote for. Now even two incomes aren't enough for many, with no hope of owning a home. Those who are 'lucky' enough to buy, face a lifetime of serfdom. We are owned by the banks, who did nothing for this priviledge save bribe politicians to give them that power. In the third world its even worse, being a matter of life and death.

The greatest challenge to modern society is monetary reform.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Has anyone else noticed the general mindset of young people has changed drmatically in the 10 years since labour has been in power.

4/They dont vote

7/They see work and signing on as one and the same thing with no future in either.

I have children in their late teens early twenties and its very difficult to argue against them when they say theres no point in working,it gets you nowhere,I will never have my own place etc.

One of them is a chef in the states who enjoys a fair standard of living,certainly a standard he wouldn't achieve here doing the same job.The eldest one who is here,didn't do very well at school for one reason or the other and sais the only type of work he can get pays less than signing on !! He cant do the traditional things kids with no qualifications did,i.e. work on a building site,those jobs are taken by poles working for peanuts and sleeping in their cars. If he did what his brother does and became a chef it would pay him less than the accumalative benefits of signing on.

WTF is wrong with this country ? It seems to me that our younger generations are fast becoming a seperate society who dont vote and have no ambition because theres very little achievable.

When I was in my 20's Maggie was in power and bitch though she was at least there was hope and you could strive for things and have a chance of getting them.

I agree with your assessment and you are right, you cant argue with the logic.

I have posted before about a young lad of 19 with a 16 year old girlfreind who have a baby.

The lad really is unemployable due to his attitude as much as anything else, but if he tried very hard it is possible he could get minimum wage somewhere. They have a flat with all amenities paid for and over £1000 between the 3 of them for the month, the only priviso he can only spend 4 nights per week in the flat (cohabitating rule thingy). What could you advise this guy to do? He is doing the absolute best he can for his family by doing nothing. As soon as he tries to do anything he gets penalised, unless its illegal where he probably gains.

Who can you blame?

HOLA4410
We should take a leaf out of France's book if they dont like something they don't have it,i.e the smoking ban.

Hear, hear. I think people shouldn't have to put up with something they don't like!

Personally, I don't like people smoking in any public place whatsoever. Should I get what I want?

HOLA4411
Guest mattsta1964

4/They dont vote

The UK is dying I'm afraid. We are gonna get sucked into the European superstate by hook or by crook.

It's very very difficult to be positive when you see the lifeblood of a country being sucked away every day. We have created a monster, a vast entitlement system backed up by serfdom and debt slavery. I'm just very relieved I don't have children of my own. I'd hate to see them growing up in this country

HOLA4412
Great post BS.

I think Big Brother is the single best indicator of the mess which has been created in our education system since our Shirley Williams & co. Couple this with the converging decline in societal values, and the moneygrabbing wannabe celebrity world which has come from a mixture of credit loosening since the 80s and the arrival of bling and not just the justification, but the glorification of conspicuous consumption we have a program which sums up the behaviour and aspirations of a whole generation. The effect it has on the news is also horrific - AOL has it as it's front screen item the whole time it is running, and all the papers report on it as if it is a world event.

And Big Brother is summed up nicely in this article by Armando Iannucci, taken from the daily Telegraph in 2005:

Waaaaaaargh! I can see them. Even now. All the clever people. Getting ready to talk about it. To write about. Excited. Big Brother. What's it like this time? Analysis. Even though the Big Brother house by common consent has been filled this year by sub-detritus. Commentary. Even though, just when you thought it wasn't possible to get increasing degrees if absolute zero, this time they've gone and filled the house with the non-est of nonentities, the completest of complete vacuums (superlatives aren't good enough, what we now require are super-superlatives, the superlativiest of superlatives); even though we're being asked to watch solid pain in digital form, even though the sheer awfulness of the proposal is plain for all to see and hurts my eyes, even so, I know - I can just tell - that the pages of tabloid and broadsheet alike are going to be filled with stuff about these gaping, gawping ego-chimps. Can you tell I'm extremely angry? The anger started bubbling last year (or was it the year before? These Big Brothers all blend into one continuous cavalcade of torture) when I read that the guy who makes Big Brother was at a drinks party as news came through that two of the contestants were rutting under a table. I'm told he dashed immediately across London to be at the Big Brother studios, where history was being made. HISTORY! (Do you remember history? Basically it now goes like this: Caves, Henry the Eighth, Abdication Crisis, JFK being shot, Apollo moonlanding, the Miners' Strike, two people rutting under a table.) Ive never met the guy. Apparently he's very clever, a bit posh, and quite charming. Which is why I got so angry. Why were so many good genes being wasted on this cathedral of pap? All those student grants. Years of apprenticeship in the television industry. Salaries. Why? Focused on two people having sex that couldn't be shown on telly. And now he's put thermal imaging cameras in, so we can get a better "idea" of what's going on under the sheets. He's not who I blame. It's you. For watching the damn stuff. And her over on the other page or down below, for writing about it, now or some other day. I even blame me for writing about it now. Spending so much intellectual energy on something so stupid makes me feel guilty and stupid, too. That's just it: I want clever people to be clever and clever people in television to make clever programmes. I want clever people to stop talking about stupid people doing stupid things. Otherwise, Aristotle could have just spent his time burping into a vase for the amusement of all his friends, and died, maybe a happier, but certainly a more pointless individual.
Edited by BarrelShifter

HOLA4413
They just needed to learn a trade and stick at something.

Part of this will be the property boom of course, but if I need a roofer, a plumber or an electrician I have a hell of a time finding non-cowboys or people who will turn up (to the point where I now do my own plumbing and simple electrics. I'd do my own roofing too but I don't have a head for heights).

Maybe it's different in London now, but up to the time I left in 2003, neighbours were collaring me to ask who my builder was, as it was obvious he was getting the work done and doing it to a high standard).

As a country, I think we need to bring back a widespread apprenticeship scheme. But would we find any takers, among today's young who believe they can all be celebrities?

HOLA4414
Guest barebear
Hear, hear. I think people shouldn't have to put up with something they don't like!

Personally, I don't like people smoking in any public place whatsoever. Should I get what I want?

I think everybody should be forced to smoke from 5 upwards.Anyway if secondhand smoke was the big killer they're trying to make it out to be why don't loads of pets die of lung cancer ??

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
I think everybody should be forced to smoke from 5 upwards.Anyway if secondhand smoke was the big killer they're trying to make it out to be why don't loads of pets die of lung cancer ??

Even if there was irrefutable evidence that cigarettes had no adverse medical side-effects whatsoever, I still wouldn't want my eyes to be caused to run, my throat caused to be sore, and to be caused to smell like an ashtray... even if it's a service that smokers cheerfully provide to me free of charge, even when I'm eating.

HOLA4417
Part of this will be the property boom of course, but if I need a roofer, a plumber or an electrician I have a hell of a time finding non-cowboys or people who will turn up (to the point where I now do my own plumbing and simple electrics. I'd do my own roofing too but I don't have a head for heights).

Maybe it's different in London now, but up to the time I left in 2003, neighbours were collaring me to ask who my builder was, as it was obvious he was getting the work done and doing it to a high standard).

As a country, I think we need to bring back a widespread apprenticeship scheme. But would we find any takers, among today's young who believe they can all be celebrities?

Unfortunately, the university is now de rigeur. :(

HOLA4418
The UK is dying I'm afraid. We are gonna get sucked into the European superstate by hook or by crook.

It's very very difficult to be positive when you see the lifeblood of a country being sucked away every day. We have created a monster, a vast entitlement system backed up by serfdom and debt slavery. I'm just very relieved I don't have children of my own. I'd hate to see them growing up in this country

It`s pretty true - it does seem that the the rest of the UK is dying after having its heart - its industries - ripped out. There are two schools of thought regarding the future: the utopian world (of Star Trek?), or the dystopian worlds of Blade Runner, Brazil, Gattaca and so on. Sadly, it would seem that bleakness and hopelessness will become the hallmarks of our lives as we lose our freedoms.... :( I don`t know about the rest of the world, but the UK seems to be under a spinning jackboot! :unsure:

HOLA4419
Guest barebear
Even if there was irrefutable evidence that cigarettes had no adverse medical side-effects whatsoever, I still wouldn't want my eyes to be caused to run, my throat caused to be sore, and to be caused to smell like an ashtray... even if it's a service that smokers cheerfully provide to me free of charge, even when I'm eating.

Mate start smoking now your throat wont ache after the nicotine's coated it and your eyes will stop stinging too,now stop being such a baby and be a true man !! I guess you don't get pi$$ed every night either shame on you.Your just a new labour pawn to stop everyone else having fun,let us know when you've taken delivery of your Nulab jack boots and smoking inspector SS badge. ;) In the mean time try answering my question about pets not getting lung cancer.

HOLA4420

1/They don't care

2/Prison is acceptable

3/They are jokes

4/They dont vote

5/They know sod all

6/They have no aspiration

7/They seesigning on as the future.

Fixed.

HOLA4421
Guest vicmac64
The younger generation will inherit a country that has gone from being diverse and entrepreneurial to one owned by a handful of mega corporations and one that is hypnotised by a diet of low quality TV, vacuous childrens TV presenters and televised cookery competitions. It would simply not have been possible for programmes like "Big Brother" to thrive in an educated country. On top of this, the young watch as their jobs are one by one, outsourced to cheaper countries whilst simultaneously being sold the dream of university as a passport to a better life. Once upon a time, it was possible for somebody of reasonable intelligence to get by, even thrive, in the UK. They just needed to learn a trade and stick at something. Nowadays, they are competing with people all over the world for the same jobs. It's no wonder that they see their opportunities narrowed. The sense of apathy that this induces, leads to binge drinking and antisocial behaviour. Globalisation hasn't helped anyone but the rich, and the values that most of those who can remember the last labour government, have been dismantled one by one. Being born somewhere does (or should) bestow upon you some sense of identity and a stake in your future that is under your control. The constant flux of people coming into the country (and those leaving it) has muddied the waters to such an extent that it is no longer possible to feel secure or safe in ones own back yard. On the one hand, rural communities are blighted by second homers and holiday cottages and on the other, the inner cities are full of migrants who either see the UK as a soft touch or are using it as a stepping stone to some other place. Established communities are being, or have been fragmented and the UK is now a hub for international travellers, billionaires who pay no, or vey little tax and a growing underclass of youngsters whose aspirations and dreams have been shattered by the instability of globalisation and greed. What is needed is a return to local politics and small businesses. Cartels should be smashed and some tariffs or protectionism reintroduced. If France is able to get away with this in the supposed EU, then why can't we?

You have got it in one Barrell shifter! Nothing makes sense anymore and the young people know that - they see the corruption and most of all the imbalances - the rampant greed of pure capitalism and communism (they are the same to me) - we lose our democracy in the end so whats the difference?

So who should we vote for then???? certainly not Labour, Conservative or Liberal - for they are the same and they will ruin this country and drive it into a business controlled 'Globalist Controlled Environment'....

Today I received an email from a party and MEPs that were threated of arrest for protesting outside the EU against Blair giving still more of our powers away to Europe!!! This is the level that these most undemocratic paid trash will stoop to!!!! Unable to even protest against treason!!

If it is like this today what do you think it will be like in ten years time????

The time of truth has come! it is time for the people to change their 'sheeple' view and take on the views of 'British Lions' - and so I say it is time to place our confidence in others than the Conservatives, Labour or Liberal - it is UKIPs time!!!

And if it isn't then it is truely time to turn off the lights in the country I love so well.....

I am proud to be a patriot!!!

HOLA4422

2/ Prison is acceptable

<rant>Prison is irrelevant - no room at the inn dude! Even your sex offenders get given a stern telling off but nowt else. Look at the popular press. Also, this whole thing about sentancing is all rubbish, I read in the Telegraph today about some cold blooded murderers who'd got "sentanced to prison". They'd already been in prison, so apparently that means they get to serve just 10 and 8 months each respectively. Class. Here we go page 9, "Artist dies in attack by 'happy slap' schoolboys". Murder someone and presumably with "good behaviour" you'd be out before a season of Big Brother was over. You'd be provided for with recreational drugs (human rights laws mean smackheads for example must be provided hits in prison by law), playstaion and the works. Nu Labour - tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime (subject to a list of caveats or whatevar). Also what's with judges exaggerating sentances e.g Oh yeah, 5 years in prison, when it actually means "well about 12 months unless they really misbehave, and make it an open prison". If anyone ever let me into politics they'd see a swift end to the ruling Totalitarian demagogy which sheeple seem blissfully content with. They'll soon be letting out Soham killer dude (whatever his name was) or is that a special case where life actually means something (1 in xthousand psycos unable to reoffend due to massive public intervention on an impotent justice system)</rant>

HOLA4423
Guest vicmac64
2/ Prison is acceptable

<rant>Prison is irrelevant - no room at the inn dude! Even your sex offenders get given a stern telling off but nowt else. Look at the popular press. Also, this whole thing about sentancing is all rubbish, I read in the Telegraph today about some cold blooded murderers who'd got "sentanced to prison". They'd already been in prison, so apparently that means they get to serve just 10 and 8 months each respectively. Class. Here we go page 9, "Artist dies in attack by 'happy slap' schoolboys". Murder someone and presumably with "good behaviour" you'd be out before a season of Big Brother was over. You'd be provided for with recreational drugs (human rights laws mean smackheads for example must be provided hits in prison by law), playstaion and the works. Nu Labour - tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime (subject to a list of caveats or whatevar). Also what's with judges exaggerating sentances e.g Oh yeah, 5 years in prison, when it actually means "well about 12 months unless they really misbehave, and make it an open prison". If anyone ever let me into politics they'd see a swift end to the ruling Totalitarian demagogy which sheeple seem blissfully content with. They'll soon be letting out Soham killer dude (whatever his name was) or is that a special case where life actually means something (1 in xthousand psycos unable to reoffend due to massive public intervention on an impotent justice system)</rant>

So Jammo what did you think of my post since you feel so strongly about this as I do?

HOLA4424
So Jammo what did you think of my post since you feel so strongly about this as I do?

Haha yeah, don't want the van to turn up, take me away or owt though. But would be nice to have an option to vote something other than conservolabour. Can anyone else who uses this site want to vote that way. What option is there?

HOLA4425
Haha yeah, don't want the van to turn up, take me away or owt though. But would be nice to have an option to vote something other than conservolabour. Can anyone else who uses this site want to vote that way. What option is there?

As a context for my rant, I've had 6 crimes committed against me in my lifetime. The one time it went to court the guy was actually found guilty, but he'd already been in prison, so therefore he got no sentance(?!) Anyone in the legal profession on here able to explain that s**t? Other more recent occasions the police did cr*p all, even once the policeman made a glib comment relating to my being an out of towner (I was renting). After that I lost faith in the law. Never call the police, always call the lads first! Delete my post but you know I'm right.