House Price Crash Forum

Telegraph... Attacks Start On Second Homes....

HOLA441

Looks like the riots have started. Not saying I condone this behaviour, I think it is going to start becoming the norm. All those BTL dicks that have a raft of properties unoccupied better watch out...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../22/nlake122.xm

But now members of a so-called "popular liberation army" have threatened to spoil everything, branding outsiders "leech-like scum" and threatening them with violence.

Following the example of disaffected inhabitants in Wales and Cornwall, the group today pledged to attack holiday homes in the Lakes.

l

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Frank Hovis - Inciting people to violence... that's a crime in itself so I'd watch out before saying stupid things like that.

As for no-one getting hurt, idiots who do things like this always think that way, until they realise they made a mistake and someone gets killed or worse still maimed for life. Might not even be someone in the house but some firefighter attending the house looking for people trapped.

It's not a game, so shut the hell up. Some ejit might just do what you said and leave other people and their families regretting it.

Edited by BrownField

HOLA446
Everybody says they don't condone it but why not? Who likes property prices being forced up through second home ownership? I don't so a few torchings of unoccupied properties sounds good to me. As long as nobody is injured it can only be good - people will stop buying houses they don't intend to live in.

....the civilised way to do it is to tax second homes out of existence......watch the prices drop then...? If Mr Brown wishes to maintain the peace he needs to act.

HOLA447
Frank Hovis - Inciting people to violence... that's a crime in itself so I'd watch out before saying stupid things like that.

As for no-one getting hurt, idiots who do things like this always think that way, until they realise they made a mistake and someone gets killed or worse still maimed for life. Might not even be someone in the house but some firefighter attending the house looking for people trapped.

It's not a game, so shut the hell up. Some ejit might just do what you said and leave other people and their families regretting it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there is violence over it, and you can't be too surprised either. Land reform has historically been one of the hot button issues and often drives people to violence. It seems to have been one of the key drivers behind the Spanish Civil War, for example.

HOLA448
I wouldn't be too surprised if there is violence over it, and you can't be too surprised either. Land reform has historically been one of the hot button issues and often drives people to violence. It seems to have been one of the key drivers behind the Spanish Civil War, for example.

....yeah.....but if you have a Government who governs fairly.....there is no need for Civil Wars....or violence..

HOLA449
....yeah.....but if you have a Government who governs fairly.....there is no need for Civil Wars....or violence..

Right.

Do we have such a government? <_<

...As the market is about to fall over hard and make all the BTLers bankrupt I don't think it'll come to that. But hardly thanks to the government governing fairly! Maybe if Bliar let Gordy be PM earlier Gordy wouldnt have seen the need to keep the boom going - and going - and going...

HOLA4410

This has nothing to do with whether it is right or not for people to be posting on this forum advocating the use of violence and the destruction of property. Doing so is irresponsible and dangerous.

HOLA4411

What ARE you talking about? Who is Frank Hovis?

HOLA4412
This has nothing to do with whether it is right or not for people to be posting on this forum advocating the use of violence and the destruction of property. Doing so is irresponsible and dangerous.

Were the Spanish anarchists irresponsible and dangerous?

No more so than the Spanish Establishment, I would hazard. So it has a lot to do with what you were talking about.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Right.

Do we have such a government? <_<

...As the market is about to fall over hard and make all the BTLers bankrupt I don't think it'll come to that. But hardly thanks to the government governing fairly! Maybe if Bliar let Gordy be PM earlier Gordy wouldnt have seen the need to keep the boom going - and going - and going...

.....nobody seems to own up to having voted for them.....strange....three terms!.....I can't believe it!

HOLA4416
.....nobody seems to own up to having voted for them.....strange....three terms!.....I can't believe it!

Naw, people voted for them alright. I remember being apparently the single Tory voter left in the entire country at the time in fact!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Naw, people voted for them alright. I remember being apparently the single Tory voter left in the entire country at the time in fact!

Hey, I thought I was the only Tory left!

However after three terms of New World Labour, I'm for revolution and well to the left of Trotsky.

HOLA4419

So this is what it has come to. Torching properties. A truly disturbing development to which quite frankly I am horrified. I don't know what's more disturbing though - the violent acts perpetrated by these people or those who agree with it and incite it! For the sake of peace and civil obedience, this sort of militancy must not be encouraged and needs to be nipped in the bud before it gets out of hand.

The government need to take some responsibility for their own inactions - had they acted sooner to quell multiple home ownership and speculation (eg heavy taxation on empty property, credit tightening etc) then this sense of disaffection and injustice would not have reached such levels and we wouldn't be in the ridiculous situation we're now faced with today.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

look stop knocking new labour . gorden was on newsnight and he,s going to start a campain to pass a bill that reduces ministers and mp,s wages down to the industrial average 20,000k he,s also going to abolish large expenses cliamed by their wives and husbands as staff , also the likes of mps like ann keen and her hubby wont be getting 40k traveling expenses per annum covering the whole 8 miles from brentford to westminister which works out at 120pounds per day (nice work if you can get it) lets hope all are mps are willing to comply

HOLA4422
Looks like the riots have started. Not saying I condone this behaviour, I think it is going to start becoming the norm. All those BTL dicks that have a raft of properties unoccupied better watch out...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../22/nlake122.xm

l

Your links stopped working

Found this other one from the Telegraph though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main.j...4/pcorny124.xml

With house prices like those, it is perhaps little wonder that some of the locals are rebelling. The so-called Cornish National Liberation Army – a largely unknown militant group – blames celebrity chefs Rick Stein (who owns restaurants, cafes, shops and a bed-and-breakfast in Padstow) and Jamie Oliver (who runs a restaurant near Newquay) for high house prices, proliferating second homes and other “anti-Cornish” offences.

HOLA4423

I said I condoned it. Nobody got hurt when it happened in Wales. No prob with the deletion though, that's up to the mods.

HOLA4424
Guest Winnie
Hey, I thought I was the only Tory left!

However after three terms of New World Labour, I'm for revolution and well to the left of Trotsky.

Wierd but you know this has happened to me too! Anyway if you have watched "Children of Men", the future is about riots and burned out ghettos. Soon there may be riots which go beyond the second home variety - perhaps just rich areas like RBKC (where the residents have already hired E. European 24 hr street security). We are looking at gated communities not too far ahead. BTW Frank was not inciting to violence, he was encouraging a reaction to unfairness. There are much worse posters who go unpicked up on this site.

HOLA4425

We don't have a democracy. Only 22% of those eligable to vote choose the New Labour swine. Brown will be our Prime Minister even though the country never chose him and even though he's widely despised. Brown has now signaled his intent to work with the 'best', regardless of party labels, so we could see an elitist technocracy made up of our three ballot-box 'choices'.

Where do people go from there? What do the half/more than half of British who want OUT of the EU do? Vote for some small-fry party of xenophobic old duffers like UKIP? What about people who are coming to hate the globalised rat-race realise economic growth means a continually miserable quality of life with only worthless tat for compensation? All move to Brighton and try and get a single Green elected?

Whoo hoo, some democracy...

The rich are equipped with all the tools of economic terrorism they could wish for and the ordinary man or woman has nothing but their watered down meaningless vote once every five years. You don't need fists, or tanks, or guns to do violence. You can cause suicide, crime, family break-down, cause a complete lack of hope among people quietly, shielded from the fall-out of your actions.

If a child is never pulled up on its damaging behaviour, the behaviour gets worse. Nothing is calling the rich to account in a meaningful way.

When the economic terrorists the IMF forced Bolivia to privatise its water supply, the poor were hit with often a doubling of water bill. Many people were spending over a third of their income just to use water. Even collected rain was banned by the new private corporation. People had enough, rose up, and took back their water.

People will do the same here. Even the most dumbed-down, apathatic, fatalistic member of society will have enough. What if they had to pay a third of their income just for a roof over their head, or 40%, for 50%, or 65%. There's a breaking point in there somewhere...