House Price Crash Forum

Fears Property Market Will Force Tv No-show

Guest wrongmove

HOLA441
Guest wrongmove

Fears property market will force TV no-show

"THERE are fears that a new BBC programme featuring property guru Kristian Digby could go belly-up because of a slump in Peterborough's housing market.

The lively presenter will be in the city on Saturday to record BBC1's Open House, which will be filmed in Bretton and Werrington.

Producers hope that the programme will see a fierce bidding war between people desperate to purchase two different properties.

However, the Peterborough estate agent who is marketing the homes admitted that he is struggling to attract interest because of a depression in the housing market.

Chris Taylor, a senior partner at Brightmoves, said: "Because of rising interest rates and the Government's Home Information Packs, people are waiting before they buy.

"There are a surplus of properties on the market, but not enough people who want to buy them. It is as quiet as I have ever known, and I have been an estate agent since 1995." ........"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest wrongmove
Hahahaaa... that final part of the quote just says it all, doesn't it?

Yep - that is one fed up EA.

I usually try to avoid schadenfraude, but.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest grumpy-old-man

yes, well spotted WM.

your a proper bear under that neither guise. ;)

edited - taken from your link:

"However, the Peterborough estate agent who is marketing the homes admitted that he is struggling to attract interest because of a depression in the housing market."

what a strange word to use. :ph34r:

ps - thought I had best read the article as well. :P

Edited by grumpy-old-man

HOLA4410

Chris Taylor, a senior partner at Brightmoves, said: "Because of rising interest rates and the Government's Home Information Packs, people are waiting before they buy.

"There are a surplus of properties on the market, but not enough people who want to buy them. It is as quiet as I have ever known, and I have been an estate agent since 1995." ........"

More like "people are not stupid enough to buy now in a falling market". FTBs will be back in on their terms. When a product is too high people won't pay for it. Looking forward to the Spring Sales there sould be some bargains.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I'm utterly disgusted that the program producers are actively trying to ramp up prices.

Its bad enough when EA's do it, but this is really disgraceful. Who can I complain to? What is it the ITC or something?

Time to start a letter writing campaign.

I could not agree more. This programme is a disgraceful idea. Praying on peoples misery.

HOLA4413

"THERE are fears that a new BBC programme featuring property guru Kristian Digby could go belly-up because of a slump in Peterborough's housing market.

The lively presenter will be in the city on Saturday to record BBC1's Open House, which will be filmed in Bretton and Werrington.

Producers hope that the programme will see a fierce bidding war between people desperate to purchase two different properties.

However, the Peterborough estate agent who is marketing the homes admitted that he is struggling to attract interest because of a depression in the housing market.

If anyone in the area is going can you get an autograph for housepricecrash.co.uk. Also by turning up you may double the numbers. "Property Guru" Kristian Digby didn't do his research. I was Stock Market Guru until a certain day in March 2000.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest wrongmove
Brilliant.

Well spotted WM.

:lol:

I have to confess - got the link from calcaria on TMF. He is a goldmine of housing related articles.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Mr Black added: "We hope that it will really fire imaginations and create a bidding frenzy. We have already filmed eight programmes and six times the asking price has been beaten."

This is outrageous!!! The BBC are conspiring to rig the market to make people pay more for a property than they might have to. Why not rename the programme "debt misery", will they pop back to see if they're repossessed in a few years? We should all write, in no way can this be construed as unbiased public service broadcasting.

HOLA4422
More like "people are not stupid enough to buy now in a falling market". FTBs will be back in on their terms. When a product is too high people won't pay for it. Looking forward to the Spring Sales there sould be some bargains.

We could rename it the "Spring pounce"?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I wander whether they will get some actors to do some dummy bids etc and maybe have aphantom buyer someone on the phone. Looking forwrad to hearing the outcome.

HOLA4425

Hello Chris Taylor - are they waiting for HIPS to finally be introduced fully? Are they waiting for IRs to fall back in 8 years time? No, they are waiting for prices to fall you ****ing muppet. Take a hint and get on with it.

I know it's not big or clever but sometimes I just want to give some people a really good slap.