House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JumboMills

Mse Btl Fun!

I quite like the MSE forums, nice community. Okay few people ain't that clued up but some are and offer decent advice.

I quite like the MSE forums, nice community. Okay few people ain't that clued up but some are and offer decent advice.

Agreed. Good balance to the bearishness of this site. However, there are some absolute numbnuts in the property bit though.

No - how can you suggest that here. MSE stands for the millions of people who watch their money carefully and save and work hard so that they can afford housing. This doesn not fit in well with the HPC doctrine that every Brit is about to have their house repossesed. We must therefore rubbish the site to maintain the notion that a crash will come by the end of 2005. No, I meant 2006. No - 2007...?

No - how can you suggest that here. MSE stands for the millions of people who watch their money carefully and save and work hard so that they can afford housing. This doesn not fit in well with the HPC doctrine that every Brit is about to have their house repossesed. We must therefore rubbish the site to maintain the notion that a crash will come by the end of 2005. No, I meant 2006. No - 2007...?

Not sure working hard and affording housing have that much in common. Being lucky enough to have been around at the start of the bull run maybe.

No - how can you suggest that here. MSE stands for the millions of people who watch their money carefully and save and work hard

ROFL. Have you actually read the site? There's about 20 sensible scrimpers and savers who hand out advice and 100,000 consumerist binge spenders all desperately trying to rip-off Tesco vouchers and buy £399.99 LCD TVs while they wonder why they are in debt when spending £200/month on TV& phone, go on holiday 3 times a year, have two BTLs in their 'portfolio' and only earn £1200/month.

No - how can you suggest that here. MSE stands for the millions of people who watch their money carefully and save and work hard so that they can afford housing.

You are having a laugh aren't you? I am beginning to believe that the upper age limit for posting there is 16 :lol:

You are alowed 8k tax free on capital gains

So get your mom and dad to go in on the mortgage with you and then you got 8k each tax free, (then just get them to give you back the money)

of course, this is when you sell

dont sell though, just get interest only for 2/3 years, then re mortgage (free up cash with money the house has gone up in value), hopefully price of property has gone up!, then you get a let to buy on your next house and you only need a 5% deposit, move in for a day, and decide you hate it and move out and rent it

tell your mortgage company ....or dont (up to you)

keep doing this, make money work for you and you'll be rich when you stop buying houses!

Surely the biggest **** on hpc?