House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

Two Jailed Estate Agents, One A Police Officer, Now Banned By The Office Of Fair Trading Pending An Appeal

You'd have thought the Mail would have had a field day with this, the nations favourite sport (buying and selling houses), the nations favourite pantomine villains (estate agents), a police officer, the oft...and yet the news is 'buried' in favour of; walking along the entire coast of the UK, or 'badger TB' <_<

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...&cat=44-0-0

Two jailed estate agents, one a police officer, now banned by the office of fair trading pending an appeal

How can you be a copper and an estate agent at the same time?

I don't understand how this can happen, even if no mortgages are involved. I am selling at the moment and one of the first things my solicitor asked was the agreed selling price.

Im sure my buyers had the same question from their solicitor, so If my EA told my solicitor £200k but I had agreed £190k with the buyer, then eventualy I would discover the £200k figure, especially as the Solicitor holds the sale funds and transfers them at completion, which the EA never get to touch, they just get their agreed % fee direct from the Solicitor also upon completion.

Confused, can someone explain how the got away with this?

M

Edited by markyh

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Confused, can someone explain how the got away with this?

Not all Solicitors are beyond reproach. ;)