House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest worthless_site

So This Is The Much Talked About Shortage Of Homes

Guest barebear

www.homesandproperty.co.uk and search in Sutton Surrey.There are well over 450 flats for sale and god knows how many houses.This is in an area with a population of 100000.

Of course they are all very affordable and interest rates are low and everyone here earns fifty grand plus.Except of course for all the people Ive ever met.

www.homesandproperty.co.uk and search in Sutton Surrey.There are well over 450 flats for sale and god knows how many houses.This is in an area with a population of 100000.

Of course they are all very affordable and interest rates are low and everyone here earns fifty grand plus.Except of course for all the people Ive ever met.

There is a flood of property coming to market right now. My favourite bellwether, findaproperty.com, has shown a massive spike in the numbers in the last 48 hours:

Search 338,196 properties for sale and rent from 6,007 estate agents* 1st June

Search 341,067 properties for sale and rent from 6,006 estate agents 6th June

Search 345,636 properties for sale and rent from 6,050 estate agents 13th June

Search 351,086 properties for sale and rent from 6,106 estate agents 15th June

*According to Findaproperty, a new multiple branch agent was signed up in February. The wide variations in the number of EAs reporting is reflecting multiple branches within an EA organization reporting in with increasing numbers of available property. The large swings in the number of agent reporting are also due to individual policies of each EA signed up with Findaproperty. Some EAs report all new listings through one branch and others leave reporting to the individual branch. Thus, the figures are an indication of increasing supply only and are not an indication of more or less business per agent.

my aquaintance from Teesdale has just put his cherished house for sale. he spent so much time upgrading it and living in caravan in the garden that it has always been obvious to me that he did it for himself., wife and 3 kids. apparently he wants to sell this child of his now bc he's smart and smells the peak prices

if Simon the Peewee sells his pride then HPC is right here already. mark my words

I have been following Rightmove to analyse the increase in supply during the introduction of HIPS. But some very funny things have been happening.

About 3 months ago the supply in BD14 was about 104. Then it started increasing, up to 115, 120, 125, 130, 132, 138, 142. Then suddenly it seemed to be jacked down massively. It was stuck at 132 for a week, now it is at 119. Surely the EA's behind the scenes are up to some tricks.

Does anybody know if Rightmove just puts all property on for a fixed fee, or do they work like google do for sponsored ads, where only the people who bid the highest get their properties advertised on Rightmove?

There is a flood of property coming to market right now. My favourite bellwether, findaproperty.com, has shown a massive spike in the numbers in the last 48 hours:

*According to Findaproperty, a new multiple branch agent was signed up in February. The wide variations in the number of EAs reporting is reflecting multiple branches within an EA organization reporting in with increasing numbers of available property. The large swings in the number of agent reporting are also due to individual policies of each EA signed up with Findaproperty. Some EAs report all new listings through one branch and others leave reporting to the individual branch. Thus, the figures are an indication of increasing supply only and are not an indication of more or less business per agent.

This "massive spike" is in line with the number of eas added. I'm tempted to call this "the RB fallacy"

I thought the heading was 'So This Is The Much Talked About Sherlock Holmes'..... :blink::unsure:

Man, I was looking forward to that thread... :huh:

How do you explain my figures taken from homeandproperty then ??

450 properties for sale in a population of 100000 seems like a shortage of supply to me??

351,086 is alot off houses on the market at once....whats prompting the selling ???? The weather ?? . I think there also a number of houses for Sale not on Rightmove. We should celebrate when it hits the 400,000 mark.

Guest barebear
450 properties for sale in a population of 100000 seems like a shortage of supply to me??

No no no 450 flats for sale,read it properly!!!!

No no no 450 flats for sale,read it properly!!!!

And all empty

Easy pickings for anyone who wants to squat but I suppose theres very few people in your neck of the woods that need to because of this massive oversupply. (and to think some people on this forum advocates building even more homes :lol: even on greenbelt :angry: )

In Reading the situation is totally different which seems to have every corner and every garden being developed into flates mainly being occupied before they seem to be finish with a mass of flates advertised for sale and selling. There is also a massive number of people putting thier homes on the market at even higher prices to keep this inflation cycle going up, so totally different here.

Maybe I should be looking a Surrey for a cheap bargin? Wonder why Surrey is so different?

I have been following Rightmove to analyse the increase in supply during the introduction of HIPS. But some very funny things have been happening.

About 3 months ago the supply in BD14 was about 104. Then it started increasing, up to 115, 120, 125, 130, 132, 138, 142. Then suddenly it seemed to be jacked down massively. It was stuck at 132 for a week, now it is at 119. Surely the EA's behind the scenes are up to some tricks.

Does anybody know if Rightmove just puts all property on for a fixed fee, or do they work like google do for sponsored ads, where only the people who bid the highest get their properties advertised on Rightmove?

Umm houses do sell you know. Why is it so surprising the supply has dropped by 23 properties?

Umm houses do sell you know. Why is it so surprising the supply has dropped by 23 properties?

THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH,

THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH.............................................

La, la, al, la, la, (nohpc has his fingers in his ears) la, la - I can't hear a word your saying.

Worried about your portfolio nonhc?..........I would be! :lol:

THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH, THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH,

THERE WILL BE NO PROPERTY CRASH.............................................

La, la, al, la, la, (nohpc has his fingers in his ears) la, la - I can't hear a word your saying.

Worried about your portfolio nonhc?..........I would be! :lol:

I did try to PM you but you haven't got it enabled. So, slightly off topic:

I'm originally from Coventry too. I went to Woodway park School, what school did you go to?

Bomber