House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
roblpm

I'm Depressed

After last week and the week before I was beginning to think maybe we are nearly there. Then no IR rise, no good bear news this week and it all seems to be back to square one! Doesn't help that I live in Edinburgh where "prices have never gone down!". So someone cheer me up!!

Edited by roblpm

Doesn't help that I live in Edinburgh where "prices have never gone down!". So someone cheer me up!!

Well, they love to tell you about how prices have "never gone down" in Edinburgh, but I'm already seeing 2-bed houses on the ESPC around the outskirts for OO less than £100K. They sure weren't there a year ago.

Remember that the stupid braindead Scottish "offers over" system means people never actually see the selling prices, and while the solicitors tell you that you need to bid at least 20%/25%/30%/more over the asking price, in reality I know people who have offered under and still won the auction.

There's a first time for everything... ;)

Edited by benj

Guest d23
After last week and the week before I was beginning to think maybe we are nearly there. Then no IR rise, no good bear news this week and it all seems to be back to square one! Doesn't help that I live in Edinburgh where "prices have never gone down!". So someone cheer me up!!

things could be worse, you could be this guy............. link

Even when everything seems bad, there will still be some positives....

A bloke was in hospital with an unknown medical problem, after examining him, the doctors said they had to amputate both his legs. But there was still some good news for him that day, the bloke in the bed next door said he wanted to buy his slippers.

Merv's "vigilance" (do nothing policy) is the best indicator yet that the housing market is about to enter choppy waters ahead of the deadly serious action to be brought in by great crash. Merv and his opposite number in the US, Ben, are both cognizant of the awesome power of Great Crash 2 and how its force has been greatly underestimated by the vast majority of economists and other "experts."

Great Crash two is already laying US house prices to waste. Its gruesome tentacles are already strangling the life out of the Spanish property market and its foul poisons are seeping into Ireland, both North and South. Many parts of France are seeing drops also. And here in the UK the LR is reporting some areas of Britain already seeing price falls. Given that fewer, more expensive homes are selling, we can be in no doubt that the actual losses are far greater and more widespread than the LR data suggests.

Add to the mix the simple economics of BTL and how that sector is crumbling in the face of reality in the form if IR hikes and plummeting yields. Gordon has destroyed British manufacturing and Jag-Landrover may be about to close with the loss of thousands of jobs in the Midlands. Barclays may be shedding 23,000 jobs in the City as a result of the ABN deal and HSBC has just announced that 4,000 jobs will be shed in Canary Wharf. With tens of thousands of jobs going the equivalent number of homes will be on the market seeking dwindling numbers of buyers.

The news could not get any brighter than this! Great Crash 2 is here and its going to be nothing but grim housing stats from now on. Even NI are seeing falls now and they were the hottest property market in the world--bar none. 80% HPI in 6 months no less! Such madness always ends in tears.

Some of our most prolific bulls (Neithers) such as D23 seem to have vanished and poor old CO has apparently gone over to the other side as his bullish posts have been ringing a bit hollow recently. I have a feeling our last remaining Neither, Wrongmove, may soon be coming off the fence and declaring bear and that may well be the most powerful sign yet that Great Crash 2 has now reached our shores and is busy tearing down Gordon's hideously bloated property bubble as the nightmarish boom of the past decade turns into the most wonderful bust of the century!

things could be worse, you could be this guy............. link

WOW! That's awful!!!! She should have been sent down for life!

To the OP - What we are experiencing right now is..................................................................................

The calm before the storm!

pull yourself together man! At least you're not getting slowly crushed by the weight of an immense mortgage, while residing somewhere unpleasant.

Guest d23
*snipped badly written, breathless, overhyped florid purple prose*

Some of our most prolific bulls (Neithers) such as D23 seem to have vanished and poor old CO has apparently gone over to the other side as his bullish posts have been ringing a bit hollow recently. I have a feeling our last remaining Neither, Wrongmove, may soon be coming off the fence and declaring bear and that may well be the most powerful sign yet that Great Crash 2 has now reached our shores and is busy tearing down Gordon's hideously bloated property bubble as the nightmarish boom of the past decade turns into the most wonderful bust of the century!

Seeing as I've made several posts today (more than you actually and once already in this thread :rolleyes: ) I'm not quite sure where you're getting the impression I've vanished

I'm also (as well you know) bearish mid to long term as I gather Wrongmove is also.

I don't mean to be callous, but you need to get a life. Don't keep fretting over a pile of bricks - it ain't worth it!

Health, family and friends are far more important.

Book yourself a nice cheap weekend somewhere and stay away from media and the internet!

Seeing as I've made several posts today (more than you actually and once already in this thread :rolleyes: ) I'm not quite sure where you're getting the impression I've vanished

I'm also (as well you know) bearish mid to long term as I gather Wrongmove is also.

There you are! I thought you had vanished--on holiday for a week?

Gordon has destroyed British manufacturing and Jag-Landrover may be about to close with the loss of thousands of jobs in the Midlands.

RB I enjoy your posts, and they must cheer many people on this board when they start doubting themselves but I must correct you on your recent comments about Jaguar and Land Rover. On several occasion you have written that Jaguar and Land Rover are on the verge of closing with massive jobs losses. I am close to this business and can see that if a possible sale was to go ahead there will be some significant restructuring required, this has been obviously needed for a while but for what ever reason Ford has not been in a position to do it, but I am optimistic both brands have a future

Guest Shedfish

reasons to be cheerful:

the mainstream media is now echoing this site, rather than dismissing it as a rogues' gallery

you didn't buy a house on a flood plain for half a gazillion, at the ragged snotty end of a speculative boom

my chinese takeaway arrives shortly

i have whiskey, and something to shmoke... and NTL has all 3 series of Black Books on free subs!

your landlord is probably subsidising your lifestyle

the uk is not prone to tsunamis, hurricanes, nasty tropical diseases

Blair p!sses off in a few days, and Gordon will be (metaphorically speaking) naked

it's summer (allegedly)

Well I'm touched that there are 17 replies! I feel much better! And as a few people pointed out i need to a) get a life B) consider that most of the worlds population are not in a position to worry about stuff like this c) not worry as IT IS COMING! d) do drugs (though thats a bit difficult as i dont smoke or drink!)

Edited by roblpm

Merv's "vigilance" (do nothing policy) is the best indicator yet that the housing market is about to enter choppy waters ahead of the deadly serious action to be brought in by great crash. Merv and his opposite number in the US, Ben, are both cognizant of the awesome power of Great Crash 2 and how its force has been greatly underestimated by the vast majority of economists and other "experts."

Great Crash two is already laying US house prices to waste. Its gruesome tentacles are already strangling the life out of the Spanish property market and its foul poisons are seeping into Ireland, both North and South. Many parts of France are seeing drops also. And here in the UK the LR is reporting some areas of Britain already seeing price falls. Given that fewer, more expensive homes are selling, we can be in no doubt that the actual losses are far greater and more widespread than the LR data suggests.

Add to the mix the simple economics of BTL and how that sector is crumbling in the face of reality in the form if IR hikes and plummeting yields. Gordon has destroyed British manufacturing and Jag-Landrover may be about to close with the loss of thousands of jobs in the Midlands. Barclays may be shedding 23,000 jobs in the City as a result of the ABN deal and HSBC has just announced that 4,000 jobs will be shed in Canary Wharf. With tens of thousands of jobs going the equivalent number of homes will be on the market seeking dwindling numbers of buyers.

The news could not get any brighter than this! Great Crash 2 is here and its going to be nothing but grim housing stats from now on. Even NI are seeing falls now and they were the hottest property market in the world--bar none. 80% HPI in 6 months no less! Such madness always ends in tears.

Your posts frequently carry a gloating voyeuristic undertone around waves of human misery.

The rain has gone off.

I just saw the news reports, the rain has been heavy! be glad living in Scotland when england is flooded you'll be manning a rebuilt hadrians wall trying to keep the english from invading the higher ground for refuge

Well I'm touched that there are 17 replies! I feel much better! And as a few people pointed out i need to a) get a life B) consider that most of the worlds population are not in a position to worry about stuff like this c) not worry as IT IS COMING! d) do drugs (though thats a bit difficult as i dont smoke or drink!)

Everything is coming in the long run, including a bull market that will make current prices look cheap. All this "watch the signs, its coming" tat has been posted for 4 or 5 years.

Everything is coming in the long run, including a bull market that will make current prices look cheap. All this "watch the signs, its coming" tat has been posted for 4 or 5 years.

You're a silly person

Your posts frequently carry a gloating voyeuristic undertone around waves of human misery.

Didn't you know, GC2, the end of the world and all that. RB should stand on a box in speakers corner in London, he could probably take a laptop and log onto a wireless so he can still post on HPC

edit I don't think were going to start a bull run? last throws of it i would have thought

Edited by skhudy

Guest Skint Academic
Doesn't help that I live in Edinburgh where "prices have never gone down!". So someone cheer me up!!

We'd be dancing in the streets if we managed to move back to Edinburgh. Try moving somewhere really crappy for a couple of years, it really makes you appreciate where you came from.

But yes, other than that, the whole situation can be really depressing.