House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Home Pack Plan Faces Chaos Say Surveyors

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Plans to introduce Home Information Packs should be scrapped, property experts will tell ministers today.

The controversial project is "unworkable, unenforceable and unfair", says the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

They will tell Communities and Local Government Secretary Ruth Kelly that the regime being phased in from August is riddled with loopholes and can only disrupt the "fragile" housing market.

So the HM is now fragile says RICS.

Home pack plan faces chaos, say surveyors

Guest AuntJess
VI are really working hard & doing overtime! to get HIPs scrapped. Isn't it strange that "property experts" are suddenly concerned about housing market now not when HPI was running @ 25% pa?

Sad state of affairs.

Sad indeed when such rampant self-interest motivates people in this country. What the hell happened to " he ain't heavy, he's my brother" as a maxim to live by? :(

Fragile housing market?

And there was I thinking the housing market was in 'rude health' as it is being underpinned by high employment, historically low interest rates and a shortage of affordable properties.

Silly me.

Home Pack Plan Faces Chaos Say Surveyors

The controversial project is unworkable, unenforceable and unfair

Well, well! What a surprise! The people who enjoy profitting from the pre-contract chaos in house selling are objecting to something that may have a slight chance of reducing that chaos. Well, I never!

p

Well, well! What a surprise! The people who enjoy profitting from the pre-contract chaos in house selling are objecting to something that may have a slight chance of reducing that chaos. Well, I never!

p

The current system is far from perfect, but HIPs are certainly not the answer and are likely to increase level of chaos rather than reduce it.