House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bill65

House Of Commons Freedom Of Information Bill

The Bill appears to have been scuppered!

The Public Bill Office of the Lords confirm that not a single member of the House of Lords had come forward to sponsor it by the deadline of the evening of 13 June 2007!

A pleasing result - personally speaking. :P

http://news.aol.co.uk/lords-revolt-to-scup...613125409990004

How undemocratic!!! How dare a bunch of overpriveleged dimwits scupper a bill introduced by our elected representatives!!!

Nah, I'm only joshing. Just shows why an unelected chamber is absolutely essential IMO. The day we lose the hereditary peers will (ratherironically) be the worst day for democracy in the history of this country.

How undemocratic!!! How dare a bunch of overpriveleged dimwits scupper a bill introduced by our elected representatives!!!

Nah, I'm only joshing. Just shows why an unelected chamber is absolutely essential IMO. The day we lose the hereditary peers will (ratherironically) be the worst day for democracy in the history of this country.

Time for our great and noble leaders to envoke the Parliament Act and force it through, then....! This one isn't going to go away.

Could it be they have something to hide...

You bet ya as....

We could have seen those pesky 7/7 terrorists in the tube station if the bill had passed.

We could have seen other CCTV footage to actually find out about many more events from that day and find out how to prevent it happening again but I guess the govt. didn't think of this.