House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Winnie

Is It Me Or Has Money Week Been Gagged?

Guest Winnie

As a subscriber to the erstwhile excellent Money Week, I have noticed in the last couple of months the ertwisle uber-bears have been a bit gagged. This at a time when the loose and leary Uk general media have become uber-bearish..... Hmm. What is happening? They have become a bit toothless. I think it is Bill Bonner - he has changed his tune somewhat...

The US agenda is swerving at the moment...massive stars and stripes manipulation is underway....

Anyone else feel confused by MW?

As a subscriber to the erstwhile excellent Money Week, I have noticed in the last couple of months the ertwisle uber-bears have been a bit gagged. This at a time when the loose and leary Uk general media have become uber-bearish..... Hmm. What is happening? They have become a bit toothless. I think it is Bill Bonner - he has changed his tune somewhat...

Probably just sick of getting it so wrong. Prices accelerating above 10% p.a. again. Yes, I know, it's happening now and just around the corner and when whatever ad naseum. But clearly it's not happening now, or probably any time this year. I would pay a pound to be proved wrong.

Edited by gordonbrown

Probably just sick of getting it so wrong. Prices accelerating above 10% p.a. again. Yes, I know, it's happening now and just around the corner and when whatever ad naseum. But clearly it's not happening now, or probably any time this year. I would pay a pound to be proved wrong.

How long do I have to wait for this bloody crash? What with the latest interest rate rise, and the promise of more, the sudden upsurge in papers discussing a property crash or calling the top of the market.

Also thought prices are going down in most parts of the country and London growth cut substantially? Girlfriends friend, who is buying a house in Tooting, said the estate agent said it was ... a buyers market.

I had also hoped that because America, Spain and Ireland's corrections have already started, that the press could go 'Look sheeple, prices do go down too'.

Waiting for a crash is more boring than watching paint dry.

The US agenda is swerving at the moment...massive stars and stripes manipulation is underway....

I think they are still as bearish as they ever have been. They have just taken to pointing out that the bubbles all around us may have a little further to go yet. That's the only difference I perceive.

Yes, that's the nature of the beast. You have 2 options: Buy and indebt yourself or try to get on with your life while you wait. Coming on this site doesn't help, just makes one impatient and frustrated...

But like picking at a scab, it's hard to resist!

;)

ahh tin hat paranoia, my favourite. Has moneyweek been gagged by the powers that be, or may it just be that they have realised that they lose credibility when they harp on about the housing market for 2 years and get it consistently wrong?

Edited by Flick

ahh tin hat paranoia, my favourite. Has moneyweek been gagged by the powers that be, or may it just be that they have realised that they lose credibility when they harp on about the housing market for 2 years and get it consistently wrong?

What happened to the other response on this thread? Did someone make RB a mod?

Yep,doesn't look imminent with the MPC failing to get on top of the inflation curve.Only consolation is while those chimps chase rather than get on top of CPI we can look forward to indefinite rises in interest rates which is slighty exciting.