House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what

Wife Wants To Move To The Uk

Language is the main problem for her.

How can i convince her not too ???

She is German? Tell her she will have to shave her armpits constantly as we dont alow that "au natural" underarm hair on women in England. If she thinks thats harsh remind her that if she moved to any muslim country they will want her to wear a burka, be silent and subservient or they are likely to stone her in the street!! So shaving her pits for public aint that bad!! lol.

M

- Pay for some decent language classes with a native English speaker who is fluent in German.

- Make English friends.

- Find one of the German companies whose business language is English and suggest she has a part-time job there.

Yeah why move from Germany, afterall it has 0 crime rate, no unemployment, no tax, the streets are filled with free love, and is home to the greatest F1 driver. Oh wait, at least one of those is not true.

I quite like the UK, but each to their own, emmigration certainly isnt the bed of roses some seem to think. But I understand why people who look for the worst in everything are troubled by modern life.

She is German? Tell her she will have to shave her armpits constantly as we dont alow that "au natural" underarm hair on women in England. If she thinks thats harsh remind her that if she moved to any muslim country they will want her to wear a burka, be silent and subservient or they are likely to stone her in the street!! So shaving her pits for public aint that bad!! lol.

M

I live in Germany, and that statement about underarm hair is not true, it is very rare to see a German ladies hairy arm pit. The Germans assume all English blokes are football hooligans. So at least both countries are incorrect with their assumptions.

Guest Skint Academic

My partner and I have lived in Britain all our lives and we're planning on moving to Germany this December because we feel we have nothing to gain from being here until we can move back to Scotland. To summarise the key reasons:

- Britain will probably go into recession after the house price crash

- Houses too expenses

- Renting is not as good an option as it is in Germany

- You can't rely on a pension here

- Very high cost of living with increasing inflation that is not officially recognised

- Poor quality of life (over crowded, pollution, stressful)

- Government has very little concern for its future (resistance to recycling, funding education, creating new business etc)

On the other hand, Germany may have been in recession for a long time now but:

- Recession came about from re-unification rather than mismanagement, Germany now has more resources than before

- Country has a solid skill base and is not relying on cheap credit to appear prosperous

- There are signs that the economy is on the up

- House prices are sensible for the moment

- Things get done properly over there, even if it is too regulated

- By British standards, Germans don't know the meaning of the word 'recession'

But I admit, British shops do look better. Compare Woolworths in Britain and Germany :)