House Price Crash Forum

Belfast Estate Agent Begs Ftb's To Come Back To Buy

""If a first-time buyer came to me with a £200,000 budget I would have at least six properties for them to look at," she added. "

I should bloody hope so

Luvin the line: ""Come and see an estate agent - we are not the enemy." :lol:

Now that he's a property owner Mark does pay attention to house prices: " I don't read everything, but I do keep an eye on the market in Belfast."

And house sales locally show that he chosen wisely: "A similar house in this street sold recently for £191,000," he said.

But don't expect a 'for sale' sign to appear outside this house anytime soon with Mark and Paul planning to live here "for a couple of years".

Pfffft :lol:

""If a first-time buyer came to me with a £200,000 budget I would have at least six properties for them to look at," she added. "

I should bloody hope so

£200k, the average house price for the whole UK. And she has a few low-end properties for FTBs at that price, in a region with some of the lowest pay packets in the UK. These would probably have cost 30-40k less than 10 years ago.

The crash is going to horrific glorious in NI. :lol:

Edited by Smell the Fear

£200k, the average house price for the whole UK. And she has a few low-end properties for FTBs at that price, in a region with some of the lowest pay packets in the UK. These would probably have cost 30-40k less than 10 years ago.

The crash is going to horrific glorious in NI. :lol:

I suspect, low end, overpriced tat, that a developer or BTL wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I suspect, low end, overpriced tat, that a developer or BTL wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Actually, something like this:

Belfast hovel

That is worth no more than £60-70k on a good day.

The adjustment required in NI is monumental, unseen in financial memory in the western world.

Actually this one is even worse, check out the cupboard sized living room. I can almost smell the Lambert and Butlers.

Hovel 2

Edited by Smell the Fear

Belfast hovel

The adjustment required in NI is monumental, unseen in financial memory in the western world.

Actually this one is even worse, check out the cupboard sized living room. I can almost smell the Lambert and Butlers.

Hovel 2

I rest my case m'lud...

this is exactly it. now the BTL'ers are wanting to sell and fast, the EA's are turning to the FTB's to offload onto, otherwise the property piramid will collapse.

You can see right through it

Terrible piece of journalism if it even warrants the name. It was nice to see the EA begging for business though. As for that 170k house it sounds like it's in a complete hole of an area where your neighbour is probably a convicted loyalist murderer.

As for that 170k house it sounds like it's in a complete hole of an area where your neighbour is probably a convicted loyalist murderer.

Indeed, if they don't burn those two boys out for being the wrong religion, they'll do it because 2 grown men without tattoos, pitbulls and weapons shouldn't be sharing a 2 up 2 down if you catch my drift...............

"Come and see an estate agent - we are not the enemy. All the makeover shows on TV advise buyers to visit their local agents and pick their brains. You also need to get independent financial advise."

:lol::lol::lol:

Stop, stop it! :lol:

"Now they're in, the couple admit to only a passing interest in house prices. Anthony added: "I don't care what percentage we make. As long as it's the same as other houses in the area, we'll be happy."

So your £100k house goes up 10% and your £200k dream house also goes up 10%, great progress being made there! People are thick.

"And he happily admits it took both salaries to secure the mortgage [...] But don't expect a 'for sale' sign to appear outside this house anytime soon with Mark and Paul planning to live here "for a couple of years". "

They may well be stuck there for a lifetime with both salaries required to pay off the mortgage. 10 years down the road stuck in the same (grotty) place with no children it will probably really sink, I feel sorry for them.

Edited by BuyingBear

My favourite quote from the article

"This year they are few and far between. With mortgage repayments of up to £1,000 a month for a rental income of £400, the figures don't add up once you pay the rates and other costs."

The reality of BTL when you are not getting capital appreciation.

Yes. In fact, it doesn't really add up even before you pay the rates and other costs...! :blink:

Guest Bart of Darkness
"This year they are few and far between. With mortgage repayments of up to £1,000 a month for a rental income of £400, the figures don't add up once you pay the rates and other costs."

Bejeesus, we could have told them that, so we could.

Terrible piece of journalism if it even warrants the name. It was nice to see the EA begging for business though. As for that 170k house it sounds like it's in a complete hole of an area where your neighbour is probably a convicted loyalist murderer.

It is in a complete hole of an area.

:lol:

I LOVE this article!!!

Who'da thought that NI would turn so quickly? It has shocked even me, imagine what it's done to the hardened bulls. Brown trousers time!

Edited by tara747

Guest Shedfish
With mortgage repayments of up to £1,000 a month for a rental income of £400, the figures don't add up once you pay the rates and other costs

maybe those at SP who claim they're providing a service, rather than stealing homes from underneath folk, might be right after all.

I predict rapid surge of enrollments to courses in Belfast Regional College. they have so many interesting things to learn - beautician, aromatherapy, all this holistic stuff. and so much more fun than being a bloodsucking estate agent, or a cr@ppy journalist. Let alone BTLer ;) Tally ho!

Belfast hovel

Hovel 2

Mmmmm that first one has the benefit of being just off the Falls Road.

A well known property hotspot...... (The heat coming from the petrol bombs and burnt out Astras)

I had not seen the crazy state of HPI in NI before, absolutely insane!!!!!!!

If the wages over there are anything like I suspect they are then the place will fall HARD.

And what does the EA say?

"And with good mortgage deals and the option of co-ownership, she believes there is no reason why first-time buyers cannot get started now. "

And be finanically ruined tomorrow, no doubt.

I am looking forward to the day when the staff in an estate agents in NI actually notice I am in the building. Up till now they have been studiously ignoring me because I dont look wealthy.

They'll be kissing your feet soon, doccyboy!

Oh the schadenfreude.

:)

Mmmmm that first one has the benefit of being just off the Falls Road.

A well known property hotspot...... (The heat coming from the petrol bombs and burnt out Astras)

I had not seen the crazy state of HPI in NI before, absolutely insane!!!!!!!

If the wages over there are anything like I suspect they are then the place will fall HARD.

And what does the EA say?

"And with good mortgage deals and the option of co-ownership, she believes there is no reason why first-time buyers cannot get started now. "

And be finanically ruined tomorrow, no doubt.

Wait till you see the crazy state of the HPC.

I'll never forget standing in a famous estate agent in Ballymoney when a young man was offering the agent the asking price on a house. She sneered at him the vendor wanted much more than that and despite his pleas would not even give the offer to the vendor. I hope he is glad he has been saved from financial ruin and gets a house at a knock down price.

Hear hear.

Greedy evil batsards - ah well, they will get their just desserts.

Hear hear.

Greedy evil batsards - ah well, they will get their just desserts.

Ah, this thread is brilliant. Coming to an English suburb near me soon

Oh wait, we're immune??? its different this time????

How suitably arrogant of us to think Ireland and Spain are any different to good ole blighty, and that money from one is not in the other

The shiny suited estate agents and BTL squillionaires of yesterday will be the bankrupt losers of tomorrow

Edited by Nick..