House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dude wheres my house

Best Quotes Ever

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...e#StartComments

I am unsure how this works, but couldn't the increase just be added to mortgages and leave the existing ones alone so long as no further advances are made on the contract? People who have mortgages cannot continue in this vein!

- S.Francis, Worcs

It's intellectually lazy and frankly pathetic for these eggheads at the Bank to just rack up interest rates because they think the middle class are actually making a bit of money from the housing market. So what? Why can't the Government make lenders more accountable for bad debt? The Bank will induce a recession with these consistent rises.

- Dan, Surrey

These people are mental..

Lets here your best

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...e#StartComments

I am unsure how this works, but couldn't the increase just be added to mortgages and leave the existing ones alone so long as no further advances are made on the contract? People who have mortgages cannot continue in this vein!

- S.Francis, Worcs

It's intellectually lazy and frankly pathetic for these eggheads at the Bank to just rack up interest rates because they think the middle class are actually making a bit of money from the housing market. So what? Why can't the Government make lenders more accountable for bad debt? The Bank will induce a recession with these consistent rises.

- Dan, Surrey

These people are mental..

Lets here your best

Got to say that First one is absolute class!!

"A regionalisation of interest rates could be a fairer way of controlling house prices than to impose a blanket rise across the whole country, the new president of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors has said."

genius

Guest wrongmove

"The crash is underway" - PropertyGuru, 2004 (in his old guise of CrashIsUnderway)

"It is unlikely that house prices will continue to rise at their recent pace for much longer. We have already seen some slowing since the peak in 2002, and the Monetary Policy Committee judges that a reasonable central view is that house price inflation is likely to subside over the next two years or so."

Mervyn "the sheep" King, January 2004.

A deviation somewhat from the insane property ramp quotes but one of my favorites none the less.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

F

Guest wrongmove
"I admit it - I blow goats. Although only male ones" - Wrongmove, Surbiton Police Station, 2003

:lol::lol::lol:

:P

I was waiting for your "witty" reposte.

Not bad - 6/10

Guest Bart of Darkness
I am unsure how this works
eggheads at the Bank

And people criticise this site for not understanding economics. Pfhhhh.... "experts", what do they know.

"One in Kate Bush is worth two in the hand" - anonymous

At least!

You can fool all the people all the time if the advertising budget is big enough.

you dont need loadsa money, HPC.com seems to have been doing it just fine for years now. Although who knows, maybe one day the site will be right. I aint holdin my breath though ;)!

you dont need loadsa money, HPC.com seems to have been doing it just fine for years now. Although who knows, maybe one day the site will be right. I aint holdin my breath though ;)!

Viral marketting works just as well I expect. The only thing holding up the UK economy is media driven sentiment when the mask cracks it will dip as it has many times before. It's just luck or bad luck which determins which part of the economic cycle your are subjected to.

Labours marketing budget is running dry though.. making loadsa parasitic pen pushing jobs to keep the peons quiet.

Edited by Ipodjunky

I presume you think that is your best quote, you repeat it often enough...

Lets here your best

"We have entered a "new paradigm" of stupidity, which can only be brought to end by withdrawing the option to be stupid"

"Its a cycle, not a trend"

"On every road to a recession you pass a sign saying soft landing."

"Mortgage Equity Withdrawal = The process by which fictional wealth is converted into factual debt"

"When popular opinion is nearly unanimous, contrary thinking tends to be most profitable.

The reason is that once the crowd takes a position, it creates a short-term, self-fulfilling

prophecy. But when a change occurs, everyone seems to change his mind at once."

~ The Crowd, Gustave Le Bon"

"The housing market was 2 parts stupidity, 3 parts bad loans, 2 parts mortgage fraud, 4 parts phony

appraisals, 3 parts unscrupulous real estate agents and 5 parts of sheer nonsense. That is what

I call the "Recipe for Disaster". It is a disgusting cake that takes a long time to cook, rises

and falls several times before completely collapsing, tastes like @#$% and leaves a bad taste in

your mouth for years. Bon apetit!"

"An economy built on borrowed money is an economy built on borrowed time." - Conservatives, Nov 2006.

"In time the Government's Homebuy scheme will be seen as the housing market equivalent of offering

cut-price tickets aboard the Titanic."

"The moment people believe that prices will stagnate or fall it doesn't matter

how much money the bank of england print, no one will take it on as debt."

Professor Miles, 2006.

"People who are servicing a 250,000 loan cannot compete globally"

"...Savings are available to serve you, debt is always your master. The debtor is slave to the lender"

says the Bible..."

"So far, nothing has gone wrong. And until something goes wrong, nothing will go wrong. Then, when something

does go wrong, things are likely to go wrong in a big way." - Bill Bonner

"A mortgage is not an asset unless you are a bank" - iTulip

"The availability of credit trumped the price of credit. Such is always the case in manias."

"‘What drove the housing-led cycle was not as much the cost of credit,’ notes Rosenberg, ‘but rather the widespread availability of credit"

"Bad things happen to good people who do stupid things." - Bill Bonner

“it would imply that interest rates had perhaps been ‘too low’, that the borrowing

we have done on the back of low interest rates was less affordable than we thought,

that the house prices we have paid on the back of easy borrowing are unsustainably high,

and that any sense of consumer wealth deriving from higher house prices is a mere illusion.”

Evan Davis - April 2007

Guest Bart of Darkness
"Mortgage Equity Withdrawal = The process by which fictional wealth is converted into factual debt"

Love it! :lol:

A pin lies in wait for every bubble. And when the two meet a new wave of investors learn some very old lessons.

Warren Buffet

It's only when the tide goes out that you find out who has been swimming naked.

Warren Buffet

Bubbles are for bathtubs.

Kendra, winner of the apprentice, six months before the US real estate bubble bursts.

In England everyone seems desperate to be owned by a house.

A German Comic