HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest casaloco

Have you never wondered why it was called "the house of lords"????

It was established when parliment was created to allow the big landlord to subvert democracy.

Basically it gives the big land owners the ability to protect their interests, and override any laws that are passed which harm their interests. (Ignoring the fact that most MPs are now big landlords as well, there is always the risk that an electoral landslide could happen and an anti-landlord party could get in if only they could get the required funding which they probably can't because the people who fund political parties are all big landlords... breath breath...)

The only reason the anti-hunting law got through, (which the rich landlords didn't want because they all hunt every weekend) was because it was worded, (on their request) so that it covered virtually nothing and had no teeth anyway. They only objected to it so much as as not objecting to it would have made people rather suspicious...

Basically we arn't in a democracy, were in a dictatorship run by a large group of landlords. This is why the policies of the 2 big political parties are virtually identical... they are both funded by the same people.

We aren't liveing in a democracy, they just like us to feel that we are so we don't get all upset about it and overthrow them.

Now stop whining and pay your rent like a good serf.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Call them what you want as long as their tenants are securing their futures ;)

Well let's make the distinction between a professional ethical landlord and many of the petty muppets masquerading as such.

The professional landlord (an unfortunate title) supplies a service for which he/she deserves adequate recompense. Muppets and unethical *****s deserve every bit of derogation dished out to them, and more; they deserve nothing less than bankruptcy.

Which one are you enworb?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Well let's make the distinction between a professional ethical landlord and many of the petty muppets masquerading as such.

The professional landlord (an unfortunate title) supplies a service for which he/she deserves adequate recompense. Muppets and unethical *****s deserve every bit of derogation dished out to them, and more; they deserve nothing less than bankruptcy.

Which one are you enworb?

I wasn't in btl for the rental yield. I wanted to sell and buy the place but the "landlord" was selling with tenants.

My btl is fully furnished with everything an average person needs....all white goods inc fride freezer, washer dryer, dishwasher and cooker, fully furnished lounge diner with 3 piece suite dining table/chairs, widescreen tv, 4 metres of wardrobes in the master bedroom and walk-in waldrobe in the spare bedroom.

I charge a lot less that other landlords because I am not in it for the short term, in fact i'll be moving into it in the next couple of weeks.

Now compare that to a few ex-colleagues who rented from much older "professional" landlords that furnish with a couple of (illegal) disgusting settees and a useless slimline fridefreezer and make up your own mind. I was supplying a service and did so to the best of my ability. I know a lot of so call pros that don't give a monkeys about their tenants ;)

I don't have time for this type of person......but like I said - as long as someone else is paying for their property they EXPECT to be called a lot of worse things than a landlord.

HOLA4414
I wasn't in btl for the rental yield. I wanted to sell and buy the place but the "landlord" was selling with tenants.

My btl is fully furnished with everything an average person needs....all white goods inc fride freezer, washer dryer, dishwasher and cooker, fully furnished lounge diner with 3 piece suite dining table/chairs, widescreen tv, 4 metres of wardrobes in the master bedroom and walk-in waldrobe in the spare bedroom.

I charge a lot less that other landlords because I am not in it for the short term, in fact i'll be moving into it in the next couple of weeks.

Now compare that to a few ex-colleagues who rented from much older "professional" landlords that furnish with a couple of (illegal) disgusting settees and a useless slimline fridefreezer and make up your own mind. I was supplying a service and did so to the best of my ability. I know a lot of so call pros that don't give a monkeys about their tenants ;)

I don't have time for this type of person......but like I said - as long as someone else is paying for their property they EXPECT to be called a lot of worse things than a landlord.

Sounds like tenants need to get a lot more professional then. If only tenants were aware of tenancy law, en masse, they would never stand for such nonsense.

Particularly as most letting agents are also blissfully, but disturbingly unaware of the same. <_<

HOLA4415
But where does that leave renters? A serf's serf? :(

An employer.

I employ a muppet to subsidise my living expenses, the best part is that he thinks he's getting a good deal!

There was one born every minute, unfortunaley they seem to be heading towards extinction.

HOLA4416