House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrashedOutAndBurned

Middle Income Couples' Economic Sterilisation

However, experts warned last night that women in the middle income bracket were being priced out of having children by a rise in house prices, a lack of tax incentives and spiralling living costs.

Jill Kirby, the chairman of the family policy group at the Centre for Policy Studies, said: "In recent years we've seen a decline in the fertility rate in middle-income groups. At the same time we've seen an increase in the fertility rate in both lower-income and higher-income groups.

"What is happening to the middle classes? We should be very concerned. These are the people who are struggling financially to have children. They don't benefit through the tax credit system and no longer get tax allowances for children.

"The overall rise in fertility rate is a good thing but for the sake of social cohesion we need to make sure that it is spread across income groups.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../nbabies108.xml

A while ago I was at a conference with work. People in similar jobs, different bits of the UK, hovering around the mean average income - bit less, bit more. Ages mostly mid-twenties to mid-thirties. Almost all graduate-level, many extremely informed and bright. Mostly married/LTRed. Not one parent among them, barely any home owners. HPI/living costs mentioned by several in general conversation.

People like this pay a big chunk of tax but get zilch back - no tax breaks, no tax incentives, no tax credits, mostly paid loads for higher education and still have the debts to show, live in studenty shared-house accommodation, have big rents or even bigger mortgages.

These are intelligent people with a work ethic and decent attitude to society (gawd knows why) and there must be millions of them. By economically sterilising these people, what's the next generation going to look like?

People like this pay a big chunk of tax but get zilch back - no tax breaks, no tax incentives, no tax credits, mostly paid loads for higher education and still have the debts to show, live in studenty shared-house accommodation, have big rents or even bigger mortgages.

It cannot go on, most will eventually emigrate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../nbabies108.xml

A while ago I was at a conference with work. People in similar jobs, different bits of the UK, hovering around the mean average income - bit less, bit more. Ages mostly mid-twenties to mid-thirties. Almost all graduate-level, many extremely informed and bright. Mostly married/LTRed. Not one parent among them, barely any home owners. HPI/living costs mentioned by several in general conversation.

These are intelligent people with a work ethic and decent attitude to society (gawd knows why) and there must be millions of them. By economically sterilising these people, what's the next generation going to look like?

eggzactly

Well, the UK poltical system is no longer based on funding from membership, it instead relies on cronies after favours of one sort or other to bung them millions in funds, so the UK policy executive now has the characteristics of a third world power base.

Will people wake up and stop this mass immigration? I think the tone has changed slightly, immigration has been the number 1 issue for years now, with 86% of the electorate opposed to it. Suddenly there are patches of media coverage now and again.

Funny - thought that the whole point of an animals life is to propergate thier genes, or the genes of thier own family.

When people say the native population has dropped, but the birthrate is being replaced by non britions, perhaps there will be a realisation that this simply means the standard of life for thier own family - thier own DNA - thier own essence is being snuffed out through mass immigration and massive housing costs.

Not much difference through the policies of the mainstream parties, and mass immigration is still not on the agenda. John Cruddas (deputy leader of the Labour party candidate) has mentioned on his website, that Nu Labour calculated that the enforcement of mass immigration which has greatly negatively affected the families in his dagenham consistunancy in regards to housing and other community resources, left people with no political choice other than the BNP, and such was thier 'scruples'/natural revulsion (as most peope are not racist) the BNP swing %age would not greatly affect the return of the labour MP there.

This is how politics works now - no principles - just calculation of votes and the effect of policies for thier well connected members/property investors which fund the system.

If more people matched these scruples and turned to the extreme, then this would stop!

Edited by brainclamp

Anybody here seen Idiocracy?

I`m very much of the nurture over nature school of thought: I believe that if you can catch most children before it`s too late then they won`t become chavs. With that in mind, why not pay chavs to hand over their kids? Obviously, newborns will get the highest rate (a few grand, subject to medical checks). The professional classes then sign a contract agreeing to be the child`s legal guardians and are given a new kid! This means that lots of middle-class people will be able to have a family without the complications of childbirth; better still, the state subsidises the middle class parents by giving them the child benefit that the chav would have received! :lol:

Sorry if this sounds a bit extreme :blink:

It cannot go on, most will eventually emigrate.

While reluctance is holding me here, it's certainly something I and a lot of my friends are considering. We're talking people with _at least_ one degree each, and we're talking a group of 5-10 of us (depending on how many decide against the move). The only positive thing about the UK at the moment is that I have a well paying job here, if that goes I'm on the next plane out of this hell hole.

Going to be a lot of Boomers that will never see grandchildren, and hardly ever see their offspring.

I don't think you can have societal fractures like this without having huge political ramifications. As I've said before without a fully functional large middle class (or aspiring middle class) I don't think you can have a modern consumption based society as we know it. Rampant unsercured debt growth has been and gone - risk and defautl have blown that away and the banks are reeling from it (even if they are making enough elsewhere to paste over the cracks). Unsecured debt is not going to fill the consumption gap again for a long time and the interst rates are highly unappealing. A rentier socitey will make rubbish consumers too, the renters won;t spend the money on all the housing goodies and neither will the overstrecthed BTL'ers.

Merv's and Gordon's spangly new economy looks like a busted flush with nowhere to go.

I`m very much of the nurture over nature school of thought: I believe that if you can catch most children before it`s too late then they won`t become chavs. With that in mind, why not pay chavs to hand over their kids? Obviously, newborns will get the highest rate (a few grand, subject to medical checks). The professional classes then sign a contract agreeing to be the child`s legal guardians and are given a new kid! This means that lots of middle-class people will be able to have a family without the complications of childbirth; better still, the state subsidises the middle class parents by giving them the child benefit that the chav would have received! :lol:

Have you got kids?

But they will be surrounded by such lovely fields!

They can adopt a shetland pony then and stick that in there then as a replacement!

Edited by OnlyMe

Anybody here seen Idiocracy?

I love Mike Judge - Office Space, King of the Hill. He's a proven talent but that film was buried. They said it was because of all the big brands shown or alluded to. But if they were worried about that they wouldn't have released it at all. I think that while it's great comedy entertainment it's also a bit close to the mark in many respects.

Check out the opening...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RFWk0FW0EQk

Yes, but long term the chavs want the child benefit/tax credits/income support. AND you don't know the potential damage of fetal alcohol spectrum of disorders may impinge on the child in future.

Have you got kids?

Can`t afford them; even if I could I wouldn`t want them growing up in this sh1thole of a country (lowest standard of living for children in Europe).

Edited by southsea13

Yes, but long term the chavs want the child benefit/tax credits/income support. AND you don't know the potential damage of fetal alcohol spectrum of disorders may impinge on the child in future.

Medical checks should determine levels of damage caused by chav to the child; in my opinion if that is the case then the chav should be jailed for child abuse / neglect. As for what the chavs want re.child benefit - that`s not my problem: once they`ve agreed to the deal it`s a done deal. End of :lol:;)

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I love Mike Judge - Office Space, King of the Hill. He's a proven talent but that film was buried. They said it was because of all the big brands shown or alluded to. But if they were worried about that they wouldn't have released it at all. I think that while it's great comedy entertainment it's also a bit close to the mark in many respects.

Check out the opening...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RFWk0FW0EQk

tv-links.co.uk

*cough*

Rather than a pension plan - even with tax breaks it must occur to people that raising kids is a far better investment to look after you in old age!

What if they don`t want to? :(:lol::unsure::blink: