New Solution To Property Crisis - 8 Foot Square Box

HOLA441
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Just sent an angry email to the idiots that designed this disgrace - http://www.microcompacthome.com. This is a totally irresponsible piece of 'design'. I really hope no-one is stupid enough to buy such a ridiculous concept.

From their web site - "Like a car, the lifespan of the m-ch is dependent on the care in use. The guarantee for the main frame, the aluminium cladding and windows is for five years."

This thing is going to fall apart pretty quick and be worth nothing. Like a car its going to start depreciating in value the minute you move in. At £50000 plus the land what is the point?

Edited by wyldman100

HOLA443
HOLA444
Just sent an angry email to the idiots that designed this disgrace - http://www.microcompacthome.com. This is a totally irresponsible piece of 'design'. I really hope no-one is stupid enough to buy such a ridiculous concept.

From their web site - "Like a car, the lifespan of the m-ch is dependent on the care in use. The guarantee for the main frame, the aluminium cladding and windows is for five years."

This thing is going to fall apart pretty quick and be worth nothing. Like a car its going to start depreciating in value the minute you move in. At £50000 plus the land what is the point?

Its cheaper to buy a load of shipping containers and fit them out yourself:

http://www.containercity.com/

I've been quoted from £55/sq.ft to £85/sq.ft plus VAT to fit out a container (insulation, windows, electrics, plumbing etc) but DIY makes this a lot cheaper obviously.

HOLA445

The are many good points:

1. You get to live in abject conditions akin to a coffin.

2. All those with real houses have a good laugh.

3. People with jobs will give up all hope and go on benefits and get B&B housing from government.

4. When you have children they can sleep in the fridge.

5. You really know that the UK is a proper shithole and the government and society hate you.

6. We are nearer to the day when the overvalued UK is in full riot.

Emigrate, emigrate, emigrate.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Yes I was similarly appauled by this 8X8 sh1t ole excuse for accomodation.

My instant thought was why don't 10 people get together (£500k) to buy a propert with say 5 acres - very do-able in Norfolk - they can then set up caravans and live no worries.

Then I got to thinking evil thoughts - I started thinking as a manipulator would think - I believe that they are 'anchoring' our expectations with the 8x8 cubical - i.e. you are lucky if you can buy a house (look at the alternative FFS!) so do it now as there is another sub-set of shanty housing comming along that you may get relegated to.

Those evil *ankers - they are manipulating us.

Then I thought why not just buy a motor home - its bigger, more flexible and you don't have to stay in this sh1thole if you don't want to.

HAL

HOLA448
If people on this site bought up several hundred acres of farmland and started an illegal camp the government wouldn't be able to do a thing. It would highlight the cause of the FTB in the most audacious way possible. The government couldn't argue because of public opinion. It would be the poll-tax riots all over again. It's a lovely thought. :lol:

I've been tempted for a while to use my deposit to buy a large caravan and park it on some common land. The worst that can happen is that nobody else joins you. If you publicised this idea and a group of you did it pretending to be pikeys, you could probably get away with it for a while. The farmland thing is intriguing, I may look into this a bit more as you can pick up a couple of acres for next to nothing and a good static caravan costs around

£10 - 15 thousand. The money you would save each month would be enough to save a hefty deposit to buy somewhere for retirement in some other country.

HOLA449
I liked the bit about students thinking it was cool and good for parties. What sort of party could you have in an 8ft tin can? They won't sell many at that price and motor homes are much cheaper and more spacious.

A very, _very_ cosy party. Sounds like fun to me :)

Moving swiftly on...

They're small, white, overpriced and targetted at young people... my god, it's the iHouse!

Worse still, it's made out of aluminium, it must be the... iHouse Nano!

HOLA4410

How many more slaps in the face does the young English worker have to take in the face before he starts to fight back??

The government (Tory & Labour... after all Nu Labour is Thatcherism 2, and Cameron is trying to ape Tony..) has been p1ssing all over the people of this country, and this is the final insult. You get to work harder and longer hours than any other developed nation and your reward is a portacabin to raise a family in. Is this what our parents and granparents fought wars for??

HOLA4411
The are many good points:

1. You get to live in abject conditions akin to a coffin.

2. All those with real houses have a good laugh.

3. People with jobs will give up all hope and go on benefits and get B&B housing from government.

4. When you have children they can sleep in the fridge.

5. You really know that the UK is a proper shithole and the government and society hate you.

6. We are nearer to the day when the overvalued UK is in full riot.

7. The local chavs hook you up to their stolen car and take you for a joy ride at 3am in the morning.

edit: If you've ever watched the film Brazil you will know exactly what inspired these little serf-sheds.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4412
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6733385.stm

biggest joke - it costs £50k WITHOUT THE LAND.

Not very long ago, you could get a three bedroom brick-built terrace, with a garden, quite adequate for a family, in most of the country for less than £40k.

You would have to pay me to live in that piece of shit!! much better to buy a motor home or caravan

HOLA4413
That's what happened in the last crash. The "new age travellers" were mostly middle class families who couldn't afford a home so they went camping, permanently. Of course the Daily Mail vilified them and there was even new legislation introduced to try and curb what was viewed as antisocial behaviour. I viewed them as sensible and desperate to escape the seemingly inescapable nightmare of extraordinarily high house prices.

This is what i WILL be doing if house price dont come down in the next few years :ph34r:

£33,950.00 + some farmland!

Edited by HenryWeston

HOLA4414
Then I got to thinking evil thoughts - I started thinking as a manipulator would think - I believe that they are 'anchoring' our expectations with the 8x8 cubical - i.e. you are lucky if you can buy a house (look at the alternative FFS!) so do it now as there is another sub-set of shanty housing comming along that you may get relegated to.

yes, it really is quite something for the powers that be to think that young working people should pay 50k for a cell, while non-workers get a free council house.

Surely we are overdue a revolution!

Maybe, just maybe, this kind of accomodation should be forced upon anyone occupying a council house without working for 5+ years, and the council house freed up for people making a contribution. Oops does that make me a nazi?

Edited by Flick

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
You're not "doing your bit to help the 'crash/correction' along by not buying", you feeding the BTL market you wazzock.

Perhaps if he were renting from a newbie BTLer and paying full fantasy mortgage repayments. But he isn't. Wazzock.

HOLA4417
This is what i WILL be doing if house price dont come down in the next few years :ph34r:

£33,950.00 + some farmland!

This would be my cunning plan:

Buy the vehicle and equip it with bullbars.

Fill up with teabags and other English items.

Get a channel tunnel ticket.

Run Blair and Brown over on the way to Dover.

Escape from Chav Island.

Edited by Xurbia

HOLA4418
This would be my cunning plan:

Buy the vehicle and equip it with bullbars.

Fill up with teabags and other English items.

Get a channel tunnel ticket.

Run Blair and Brown over on the way to Dover.

Escape from Chav Island.

Nice idea - the only problem is that they`d just take DNA samples from the squishy corpses and clone them!! :lol::unsure::(

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

It is clips like these that truly make you think the world has gone mad. As others have said though this is the type of stuff they dredge up a few years later to chuckle at how silly everybody was and then it all starts over again.

HOLA4422
Guest Bart of Darkness
An eight-foot aluminium box is being touted as the solution to the housing shortage.

I did dream this didn't I? Surely such a surreal piece of utter madness could not exist in the real world?

Right, now that I got that out of the way I can get bck to my normal dreams, the ones that involve Lorraine Kelly, a hot tub and a large jar of baby oil.

HOLA4423
Anybody else thinking along the "japanese capsule" line here??

Indeed:

Capsule2.jpg

Coming soon to a housing development near you for a mere £100k. Also available on part rent part buy. Ideal for a first time buyer or investor.

Edited by ImA20SomethingGetMeOutOfHere

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
You would have to pay me to live in that piece of shit!! much better to buy a motor home or caravan

I spent a year living in New Zealand in a Toyota PopTop (with the lady) that was more luxurious than that excuse for a living space. I hope it's got a ventilation system, or else we'll be hearing stories of iExecutives suffocating in their iSleep.

FFS we really have got to pull together as a nation of Brits and claim back the country that is being ripped from under us by FatCat politicians and tax fraud immigrants. I wonder how many of them you could squeeze into one of those cubes? Maybe more if you liquidised them first!

;)