House Price Crash Forum

How Often Does Your Landlord/agent Come Round?

Personally I live undisturbed. I also live safe without petty restrictions on decor, pets and smoking.

I think it is one of the many perks of owner-occupation. That and being safe in the knowledge that I won't be turfed out on a stranger's whim :)

Me too. But I'm not an owner occupier, I have an Assured Tenancy.

If I was to have a repayment mortgage on the value of the flat* I rent at todays ridiculous prices, my mortgage payments (@ only 6%) would be £2,000 a month!!! It's safe to say that my monthly rent is no way near that amount.

I don't live in Chelsea or Kensington either for that matter, I live in a 1 bedroomed garden flat in Lambeth. Scrap Shorthold Assured Tenancies and this HPI pack of cards comes crashing down.

*considerably smaller flat next door recently sold for £295,000 (asking price)

Guest The_Oldie
Personally I live undisturbed. I also live safe without petty restrictions on decor, pets and smoking.

I think it is one of the many perks of owner-occupation. That and being safe in the knowledge that I won't be turfed out on a stranger's whim :)

I find the grand a month (the difference between interest received on the money that I would otherwise have to spend to buy the house and rent paid) ample compensation for the odd visit :D.

I have a one year contract which was my choice and is more than adequate for my requirements.

But then again one time they came around all antsy just happened to be the same time I was gearing up to shoot pigs - 'nuff said

I know some people on here fear that we're sliding into a police state but that's a bit of an over reaction, surely?

stop paying the rent, bet you hear from him pretty quick ;)!

That very much depends where and what he bought. Even I managed to buy a nice semi at a reasonable price in my desired area and im, sadly, not rich :(.

Oh no..not again...sooooooo booooooooring :rolleyes:

My landlord never comes round. Unless I tell him something's knackered and needs fixing, or regrouting, or repainting, or replastering, or replacing. Bliss.

Only scheduled visits are the yearly ones from his plumber to inspect the gas boiler (which is a legal requirement).

Edited by christh

My landlady is refusing to give me anything more than a 6 month tenancy (I've been in the place nearly four years and I've only had one AST so far, this time last year when she wanted to put my rent up).

She verbally promised me at time of last rent increase that my rent would not go up. I want to hold her to that in a 12 month contract, important to have a new contract, preferably as long as possible as my girlfriend's moved in and we have a baby due in a month). She's not replying to any of our letters, last time I spoke to her she said she wasn't allowed to give a tenancy longer than six months because of the terms of her BTL mortgage.

Is she lying to me?

ps she has a 12 BTL properties and claims to lose £16k a year on them. She won't talk to me since I suggested to her that having 12 houses kept young families like mine from buying a place of our own. Ignorant b1tch!!