House Price Crash Forum
cockrobin

Interest Rise Tomorrow?

BBC news just warned of more rate rises before the end of the year.

Millions of home owners coming to the end of their fixed rate deals will feel the squeeze.

IR rise tomorrow?

IR rise tomorrow?

Lets hope so. They've had their time to fix their MASSIVE mortgages cheaply.

It should be now our time to buy our houses cheaper.

I think the MPC will announce a rise to 8% interest rates tomorrow. After it has been on the news and everybody has panicked, Gordon Brown will make a personal appearance on TV saying that he will not allow it, has sacked the MPC, has reassumed responsibilty for setting interest rates and is cutting them to 1%. Hurrah! (actually he will probably do this in two years time just before the next election). Hurrah!

Edited by insidetrack

They will probably hold, even though they should increase it to 6%

I reckon the debt ridden should be squeezed, squeeeezzed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably stay the same tomorrow, but another rise or two for sure before the end of the year, bring it on.

The MPC will hold.

The MPC don't do "pro-active" - they will only start to really address inflation once the sh@t really hits the fan. Hyper-Inflation here we come!!! :unsure:

Im thinking a small surprise hike. Not backing the measly odds on betfair though, hoping to sell the GBP/JPY reaction if we get it.

The BOE is truly stuck between a rock and a hard place now, They are having pressure to raise interest rates to tackle rising prices on the one hand only serving to maintain the strength of the pound and damage export prospects on the other.

Then you have the housing market and the echo of GB "No more boom and bust" when he is just about to take over the premiership.

I think the country in many areas has priced a 6% IR in but anything more than this would be damaging, Next rise will be around November and depending on how things are looking then prepare for a 0.5% rise as shock treatment.

I think we will be at 6% come year end

Guest vicmac64

No No No

of course I could be wrong !!!

But I don't think Merv is the man for the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another 'yes man'

Hey Merv - Are You Just another 'yes man'?

No No No

of course I could be wrong !!!

But I don't think Merv is the man for the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another 'yes man'

Hey Merv - Are You Just another 'yes man'?

i see the ecb raising the rates to 4.5%.

Yes the damage has been done and there's f*ck all the BoE can do to remedy the situation now.

They won't raise tomorrow, but I reckon we'll see the first back-to-back rises in a long while before the year's up.

Edited by bugged bunny

I cannot see whats the big fuss over IR, For those who have budgeted well and in control of their finances i.e Taken advantage of low rates and fix them long term. Then every IR is a bonus, Extra money each time on your savings, I have £50k out next year from a company share save was going to pay off the mortgage with it, But now got second thoughts if IR keep going this way I will soon be getting 8% on the savings and only paying 4.7% on my mortgage.

Guest vicmac64

I dont think so and if it worries you I hope not either. I really do.

But I hope that Blair and Brown and Major and Thatcher pay the price for treason......

Guest AuntJess
I dont think so and if it worries you I hope not either. I really do.

But I hope that Blair and Brown and Major and Thatcher pay the price for treason......

Not a chance! So many traitors before them have died peacefully in their beds, after a life of comfort. <_<

BBC news just warned of more rate rises before the end of the year.

Millions of home owners coming to the end of their fixed rate deals will feel the squeeze.

IR rise tomorrow?

I think they should, especially with the news from the National Housing and Planning Advice Unit but I fear they will use the fact that the retail figures in May were depressed so CPI inflation is not rising at a level where a rate rise is required. If they take the RPI into account a rate rise is definitely required.

I was under the impression there was a trend towards adjuting rates when the inflation report is released based on past experiance - the next one is due in August so I guess thats when the next increase will be, which fits with the general concensus of another increase before the end of the summer.

Today is a hold.

Is your issue with the fact these guys had the b£lls to take a risk on buying a property or that they had to take the risk ?

Higher IRs will not help you buy property.

Thet government make too much out of property to allow a crash.

Luckily for us, an inept government would not be able to control a crash.

Guest pioneer31
Thet government make too much out of property to allow a crash.

Luckily for us, an inept government would not be able to control a crash.

Then ALL govts are inept.