House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tahoma

Contract By Omission

I'm due to move out my current place shortly, and I have realised I never signed an inventory of the place. I'm not too worried, there is no damage etc but the bumf from the agent has something like 'if you do not return an amended inventory, it will be presumed you agree with the original document.' I was going on holiday the day after I moved in, and the LL never chased me up on it.

IIRC the landlord cannot make deductions in the absence of a signed inventory. Is this true?

Just looking for ammo in case he tries it on, I have checked the inventory and there are a couple of minor items on there that were never in the property.

Edited by tahoma

If there's no signed inventory, then obviously the landlord didn't provide anything for you, and therefore there is nothing for you to leave when you go, is there?

God, amateur landlords & letting agents irritate the living shit out of me. :angry: