House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OzzMosiz

Really Really Annoying Ads

- Halifax

'Halifax gives you more, we give you extra 50 times extra!!!'

Shut the f*** up. 50 times 6% would be good but no, 50 times 0.1% whoopie!!!

- Picture Loans

'That's much lower than we're paying now'

Yeah much lower monthly,much longer repayments and much more in the long run, you dim witted idiot!

Credit to Confused.com for changing their annoying advert!

Becks Beer ad (One with the human dancing with CGI characters):

The music they had first time round was great.

But they've replaced it with an absolute dirge of a so called song.

F***ing awful!

I don't really mind any of those above. The one that kills me is any of the 'SHEILA'S WHEELS' ads. They're an instant lunge for the remote and frenzied mute / change channel button mashing.

Them kids that say 'overrrrr tired'

I'd now like to drive over their faces with my van tires actually :)

HI! I'M BARRY SCOTT! I'M THE SHOUTIEST T**T ON TV! ALL MY ADVERTS HAVE THE VOLUME RAMPED UP TO THE MAX. FOR EXTRA SHOUTY EFFECT!

I can't bring myself to mention the (cleaning) product name as I have an almost uncontrollable urge to destroy the TV whenever this t***er starts screaming at me.

The ad where the woman is calling some loan shark finance company to borrow £25,000 secured on her house over 15 years and all you can hear is her family making a racket in the background. She casually checks with her husband if £25,000 will be enough and merrily proceeds to sign their future away.

The Volvic ad with that ridiculously camp talking volcano.

Anything featuring Carol Vorderman.

Oh, and "zoom zoom" - makes me want to rip out the heart of the producer out with my bare hands and single handedly fly a boeing 747 into the headquarters of whichever advertising agency is responsible.

Great thread!

I have to agree with Sheila's Wheels and Picture but I also hate Hastings Direct, it makes me want to stick knitting needles in my eye!

Maybe as a counter balance we should start a good ad thread?

The ad where the woman is calling some loan shark finance company to borrow £25,000 secured on her house over 15 years and all you can hear is her family making a racket in the background. She casually checks with her husband if £25,000 will be enough and merrily proceeds to sign their future away.

Thats the one I originally quoted in my original post!!! Picture Loans!!

Great thread!

I have to agree with Sheila's Wheels and Picture but I also hate Hastings Direct, it makes me want to stick knitting needles in my eye!

Maybe as a counter balance we should start a good ad thread?

Hastings Direct does my head in BIG TIME - it`s so annoying I`m going to drive without insurance and use that as my defence (mental injuries etc).... :lol: