House Price Crash Forum
Malarkey

This Is What You Get 3 X 30k Income

1386_ILF1004_IMG_01.jpg

If Billie Piper comes with it, I would gladly pay 3Million.

Isn't that where the car park attendant drinks tea ?

Edited by Ash4781

Guest absolutezero
Owning a home on a single wage had never been easy for those on an average wage.

Except that £30,000 is a lot more than the average wage.

They'll have a real job finding someone living and working locally earning anything close to £30,000.

Quite, you'd have to be degree-educated and have 5 years+ experience in IT to make that kind of money in Devon.

Normal wage is more like £14k.

Something not quite right with the windows here. From the outside they look taller than they are wide, but from the inside they look wider than they are tall. :blink:
No statement in these details is to be relied upon as representation of fact, and purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the accuracy of the statements contained within. These details do not constitute any part of any offer or contract. Marco Oliveira trading as Bairstow Eves Countrywide and their employees and agents do not have any authority to give warranty or representation whatsoever in respect of this property. These details and all statements herein are provided without any responsibility on the part of Marco Oliveira trading as Bairstow Eves Countrywide or the vendors.

Never seen wording like that before! I suspect the flat has access to communal service next door, or maybe you're meant to ask your neighbour nicely?

Something not quite right with the windows here. From the outside they look taller than they are wide, but from the inside they look wider than they are tall. :blink:

Nothing wrong with the windows. The wider windows you can see belong to the top flat., unless you try to open them when the car park is full. It is the basement flat that is for sale. Blurb only shows inside photos.

What I find strange is how many fronts the flat (?) , according to the titles of the photos.

Hopefully the basement flat extends into larger property next door, rather than under the car park. Given its room sizes are larger than the property shown.

Yep 30k x3 would require a high income for this area. So double income and no kids required.

The car park in opposite the Tunnels beaches. so really popular in summer. So maybe Kirsty and Phil could flog it based on Location.

Added bonus of no problem with parking.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-154...se&tr_t=buy

Edited by Malarkey

Dear me, this is a Tyler Durgen homework assignment. Phone the estate agent ask to see the property and when they've finished giving you the tour and smiling at you like a pile of stupid money, kick the bloody hell out of them.

Never seen wording like that before! I suspect the flat has access to communal service next door, or maybe you're meant to ask your neighbour nicely?

I think I recognise the building it is attached to. I believe I worked in it when I was a young man living in North Devon in the late 80's. If my memory serves me correctly, it was a hotel a businessman had brought up. He renovated it so he could let the rooms to long term unemployed that had emigrated from Liverpool. Needless to say drugs and violence were rife. Not only is it a box, it might be a box next to a whole community of violent junkie scousers. :blink:

About 23k, actually: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=285

Still, 3x23k = 69k. So 3x average income, doesn't even buy you that box...

But no, the market's fine, oh yes.

Not for the SW it isn't. If you go to here you will see that the median wage is £16k and the mean wage is £19k in Devon. The ons conveniently split it up into regions. You are quoting the UK wide figure which is distorted by the SE.

Adam.

3x£16k = £48k - shared ownership on an upturned skip anyone?

Median local wage - £16k, Price of cheapest one room slum dwelling (suitable only for single wealthy midgets) - £90k

Tell me again how this happens, in a country where its becoming pretty much illegal to even think a prejudiced thought. Or do the hardworking honest folk not count as a minority?

Ilfracombe / Wollacombe is a tremendous places to live. Sun, sea, surf and SW ladeeeez!

Lived in the area for 6 years, (Barnstaple) had an ex who lived in Ilfracombe, Yup great place but very little in the way of work outside tourism. Tourist trade is seasonal Mar-Oct so Ilfracombe can become a bit of a ghost town during the winter. Good place to get out of rat race or retire but watch out for the junkies that decided to emigrate to Ilfracome from Liverpool, inspired by the tales of Sun, sea, surf and SW ladeeeez! ;)

Nothing wrong with the windows. The wider windows you can see belong to the top flat., unless you try to open them when the car park is full. It is the basement flat that is for sale. Blurb only shows inside photos.

What I find strange is how many fronts the flat (?) , according to the titles of the photos.

Hopefully the basement flat extends into larger property next door, rather than under the car park. Given its room sizes are larger than the property shown.

Yep 30k x3 would require a high income for this area. So double income and no kids required.

The car park in opposite the Tunnels beaches. so really popular in summer. So maybe Kirsty and Phil could flog it based on Location.

Added bonus of no problem with parking.

Errr, so you're saying I can advertise one properties details but show pics of another ? :blink: I don't think so.

Anyway, the long windows are in the main pic on the top flat. bit.

Edited by Son of Taeper

Errr, so you're saying I can advertise one properties details but show pics of another ? :blink: I don't think so.

Yes the long windows belong to the top flat.

It would be very hard to take a photo of the basement. Given the size of what is called "the court yard" and the drop from the car park to the base of the building. Probably only a few feet distance between the two.

Estate agent took photo of the building as can been above ground, but clearly states that it is the basement flat that is for sale.

Yes the long windows belong to the top flat.

It would be very hard to take a photo of the basement. Given the size of what is called "the court yard" and the drop from the car park to the base of the building. Probably only a few feet distance between the two.

Estate agent took photo of the building as can been above ground, but clearly states that it is the basement flat that is for sale.