House Price Crash Forum

London Logo Unveiled

Monopoly

HOLA441

Have you seen it ..... http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/ph/olympics_p.html

What a crap..my kids could have done better...whats wrong with the people picking something like that :unsure:

Why do they pay somebody a fortune to come up with something like that...just make a completion for the ordinary people with a prize for the winner..you get better stuff and same a fortune :lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443

_43005619_london_new_pink_203.gif

Speechless....

Comments by actual human beings...

"This is the vision at the very heart of our brand," said London 2012 organising committee chairman Seb Coe.

It will define the venues we build and the Games we hold and act as a reminder of our promise to use the Olympic spirit to inspire everyone and reach out to young people around the world.

"It is an invitation to take part and be involved.

"We will host a Games where everyone is invited to join in because they are inspired by the Games to either take part in the many sports, cultural, educational and community events leading up to 2012 or they will be inspired to achieve personal goals."

Prime Minister Tony Blair said: "We want London 2012 not just to be about elite sporting success.

"When people see the new brand, we want them to be inspired to make a positive change in their life.

"London 2012 will be a great sporting summer but will also allow Britain to showcase itself to the world."

Olympics Minister Tessa Jowell said: "This is an iconic brand that sums up what London 2012 is all about - an inclusive, welcoming and diverse Games that involves the whole country.

"It takes our values to the world beyond our shores, acting both as an invitation and an inspiration.

Claire Stocks, Interactive editor, Olympic sports

"This is not just a marketing logo, but a symbol that will become familiar, instantly recognisable and associated with our Games in so many ways during the next five years."

..... speechless......

post-6049-1180963980_thumb.jpg

HOLA444
Godawful tripe.

It is rare that I encounter such a sweeping consensus as I have already found in respect to this hideous thing - which cost £400,000 by the way.

This logo is perfect really, it captures and epitomises the ugly largesse that characterises the whole project.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Scintillatingly fitting for the cesspool of greed, vice and inequality that London has become. Was this conjured up by a drunken Merv King , using MS Paint on his laptop on the train on his way back from the last MPC meeting?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
It looks like a "shattered window" of opportunity for a decent logo.

I agree with the above. It represents perfectly the legacy of the upcoming games.... a god-awful mess. Pathetic....

I think that it looks like something (a runner?) collapsing or falling over,

Peter.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Posted this to the BBC:

This is the very, very worst thing that they could have come up with. It's totally unrecognisable, says nothing at all of either Britain or the Games, will look ridiculous on merchandise, and will no doubt be seen as an embarrassment in years to come. And how is it "interactive"? Does it make a noise if I press it?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Have you seen it ..... http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/ph/olympics_p.html

What a crap..my kids could have done better...whats wrong with the people picking something like that :unsure:

Why do they pay somebody a fortune to come up with something like that...just make a completion for the ordinary people with a prize for the winner..you get better stuff and same a fortune :lol:

I was prepared to try and like it. "Branding" always costs stupid money but sometimes they get it right with an iconic design.

It isn't even remotely clear what the logo represents and the overall message it sends (to me) is puzzlingly that the London Olympics are going to be held in Tokyo in the late 1980s/early 1990s.

And why does it say "20R" anyway?

Terrible piece of work.

HOLA4415

Good grief, that is diabolical. Not just an abysmal design, but horrendous colour scheme as well. I can't believe this was chosen, were there no other entries? I know some of the best ideas start on the back of a fag packet, but this is shameful!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Interesting and highly symbolic. Let's see, we have a strong purply-pink colour which represents a certain "minority", a broken zig zag that looks like a swastika someone broke in two, a general sense of Picasso-ish confusion and disharmony which must represent the unwinding miracle economy, and a sense of inequality between left and right sides which must represent the divided and unequal state of the nation.

Overall, about as talented as our entry in the Eurovision which I haven't watched since Abba won it in 1968.

HOLA4418
look what they saying on the bbc - 'lisa simpson giving head' :lol::lol::lol:

Looks more like Maggie!!! :o

Sick !!! :angry:

Overall, about as talented as our entry in the Eurovision which I haven't watched since Abba won it in 1968.

1974 actually!!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Interesting and highly symbolic. Let's see, we have a strong purply-pink colour which represents a certain "minority", a broken zig zag that looks like a swastika someone broke in two, a general sense of Picasso-ish confusion and disharmony which must represent the unwinding miracle economy, and a sense of inequality between left and right sides which must represent the divided and unequal state of the nation.

I started a thread off topic which echoes your observations exactly

Oldlympdics

Pink :lol::lol: which greedy bi lefty packed lunch watcher decided on that

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
I know it is off topic..by the way..what do you think will the Olympics do to the Housing crash......( bringing it back to the topic) ;)

It might well be off topic, but in my opinion it is nice to have a few off topic important or funny news items to laugh at once in while as break, whilst browsing the rest of this discussion forum.

HOLA4425

It is not a good logo at all. It looks jaged and agressive, has odd proportions which grate on the mind when you first see it. Its dose not take any recognisable form and is unnatural in shape and design. Pink? what?. Its not united its disjointed.

Its simpleton rubish like the previouse post by stillill

Archived