House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Scotsman: Brown And Taxing Times Ahead

http://business.scotsman.com/finance.cfm?id=866222007

Taxing times ahead for us all with grabbing Gordon
TERESA HUNTER (teresahunter@ntlworld.com)
PEOPLE worry about what a government led by Gordon Brown will be like. They needn't. There'll be nothing wrong with a Brown regime which a tidal wave on the Thames couldn't cure.
If you think I'm being harsh, try reading the latest report from accountants Grant Thornton, which calculates that during a decade as Chancellor, Brown raised taxes by the equivalent of 10p on the basic rate.
And this from the man who promised in manifestos that taxes would not rise under Labour.
I've read more convincing pledges in a plate of Heinz Alphabetti Spaghetti.
:lol:
Two-thirds more taxpayers are hit by 40% tax than in 1997, making 3.5 million. Tomorrow marks the first day in the year when we begin working for ourselves, rather than for the state. Have a drink on me, because Grant Thornton predicts next year it will come even later.

A dour and shifty PM for the aftermath of Great Crash 2. An appropriate post-miracle "leader" for times of austerity. Watch how quickly the strained smiles turn to sour snarls once the waving in front of No. 10 is over and the Stalinesque regime takes over. No more manic cheesy smiles and questions answered with "let me be perfectly clear about this...." With the other Scot, Cameron, out of the serious running as a potential leader heaven help us---QUICK :o

Edited by Realistbear

Taxing times ahead for us all with grabbing Gordon
TERESA HUNTER (teresahunter@ntlworld.com)
PEOPLE worry about what a government led by Gordon Brown will be like. They needn't. There'll be nothing wrong with a Brown regime which a tidal wave on the Thames couldn't cure.
If you think I'm being harsh, try reading the latest report from accountants Grant Thornton, which calculates that during a decade as Chancellor, Brown raised taxes by the equivalent of 10p on the basic rate.
And this from the man who promised in manifestos that taxes would not rise under Labour.
I've read more convincing pledges in a plate of Heinz Alphabetti Spaghetti.
:lol:
Two-thirds more taxpayers are hit by 40% tax than in 1997, making 3.5 million. Tomorrow marks the first day in the year when we begin working for ourselves, rather than for the state. Have a drink on me, because Grant Thornton predicts next year it will come even later.

A dour and shifty PM for the aftermath of Great Crash 2 in the years ahead. An appropriate post-miracle "leader" for times of austerity. Watch how quickly the strained smiles turn to sour snarls once the waving in front of No. 10 is over and the Stalinesque regimes takes over. No more manic cheesy smiles and questions answered with "let me be perfectly clear about this...." With the other Scot, Cameron, out of the serious running as a potential leader heaven help us---QUICK :o

Any scope for whacking Brown up? :angry: He`d better not show his face in Portsmouth: I`m working on `The Poor Man`s Atom Bomb` chapter of Silent Death. :P;)

With the other Scot, Cameron, out of the serious running as a potential leader heaven help us---QUICK :o

After three terms I think its time labour had a rest and I don't agree with you that Cameron is out of the running.

I think the outcome of the next election will depend on what happens to Brown and his no boom and bust economy.