House Price Crash Forum

Rbs Nat West

deano

HOLA441

Just been on the news.

The whole network is down. The explanation, well, they dont have one. No internet banking no cash point machines. How long. They dont know.

Have a nice weekend. :lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
I have been trying to log on since this morning...

Rang in and no IVR straight through to an agent who advised should be restored by lunch....

Lunch mid week?!

Do you want a real scare, no I cant bring myself to tell you.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Got some gold? :lol:

Girlfriend tried to get money out yesterday night -- no success.

I tried to do internet banking last night -- no success.

Luckily, my accounts fluctuate around zero on average. The rest is at home in form of nice yellow coins. :lol:

One day you will possibly have a similar situation with some bank here in the UK. Only, it won't be a computer

crash. It will be a bank crash. You will hear lots of explanations then. Sudden oil shock, gold shock, hedgefund

and private equity failures and of course the dreadful property market. All unexpected and sudden. :lol::lol:

HOLA4410

Go on, charge them £35 for every cash point withdrawal refused. Do it twice for every withdrawal even though you know they cant pay, making £70 for every withdrawal refused. Do this even if the withdrawal request was for only £10.

;)

HOLA4411

On their website it states this:

Quick and easy access to your finances any time of day or night

Dedicated Private Banking Advisers available outside normal working hours, or when your relationship manager is unavailable

Carry out routine account transactions, obtain statement information, make bill and 3rd party payments, manage Standing Orders and Direct Debits, and arrange CHAPS and foreign payments

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Go on, charge them £35 for every cash point withdrawal refused. Do it twice for every withdrawal even though you know they cant pay, making £70 for every withdrawal refused. Do this even if the withdrawal request was for only £10.

;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Only trouble is you can't just deduct it from their account like they do to us!

HOLA4414
Guest grumpy-old-man
Got some gold? :lol:

Girlfriend tried to get money out yesterday night -- no success.

I tried to do internet banking last night -- no success.

Luckily, my accounts fluctuate around zero on average. The rest is at home in form of nice yellow coins. :lol:

One day you will possibly have a similar situation with some bank here in the UK. Only, it won't be a computer

crash. It will be a bank crash. You will hear lots of explanations then. Sudden oil shock, gold shock, hedgefund

and private equity failures and of course the dreadful property market. All unexpected and sudden. :lol::lol:

yes, I believe you goldfinger.

Then we are trully at the mercy of the fiat makers.

Everything we do is controlled by the banking system, your wages go in, credit cards, cheques.

How do you buy anything without them, just think about that for a minute. :ph34r:

HOLA4415

Everything we do is controlled by the banking system, your wages go in, credit cards, cheques.

How do you buy anything without them, just think about that for a minute. :ph34r:

by that token, we are also at the mercy of shops for our food and clothing, as well as water companies, gas companies, electricity companies....

HOLA4416

;)

And a few months later you would get a letter saying that your charges are not in accordance with such and such act and please can we have a refund plus interest

HOLA4417

;)

Great idea! Can a Natwest customer out there please do this? And copy their letter to the newspapers - I think they'll be interested, as it's very topical... ;)

HOLA4418

Honestly, I think about that every now and then, and it sort of scares me. Meanwhile I try to maintain

a larger stash of Sterling at home, and my generall investment strategy is not really a secret, I suppose.

I don't quite see mfp123's argument. In the case of a computer/banking failure, people still need/like to

shop, and businesses still want business. Only, the medium of this trade suddenly defaults. This would

cause major disruptions.

HOLA4419
Great idea! Can a Natwest customer out there please do this? And copy their letter to the newspapers - I think they'll be interested, as it's very topical... ;)

Ra! i really got ticked off with Natwest service a while ago so switched to another c/a provider(still havent got round to closing the account though. It has 1p in it. maybe this is a good thing <_< ). Any bad news against them is much enjoyed. How is that guy doing who is suing them over his law student overdraft fees?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Unfortunately someones dog was run over in Bangalore, as a result the whole city went on a riot, and ripped up all the computer cables.

As far as I know unless it's changed, the RBS Group including NatWest, are one of the few who have not outsourced to India.

Maybe .....no ..no spare the thought....let's give them a chance.....however communication re the outage so far has been bad.

HOLA4422

I was out on Friday night in Glasgow with the lads, the whole lot was down from about 9:30pm onwards. We managed to get cash out using the cashback facility.

Sauchihall street was full of punters who had no money to get in the clubs. Scariest part was all the girls going round begging for twenty quid to get home in a taxi. One asked my mate, who said 'what'll you give me in return?' Her reply - 'anything you want'.

Perfectionist would have loved it. :unsure:

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

;)

Very well said.

Are our MP's not to pass laws to protect the public or are they looking after them that pay them using big brown envolopes, tax free of course ?

HOLA4425

Think about the benefits system for a moment. Have you considered what would happen if that fell over. These people have nothing. Computer fails one day, social detination two days later.

The trouble with a centralised system is that if it fails, it fails nationally. In a distributed system a failure is local and there are others that can do a rescue operation quickly. You cant rescue a whole country quickly.

Archived