House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
House Or Home

Have We Seen So Many False Dawns

I've been an avid reader of this forum for a couple of years now, and have an observation to make.

I think we (property bears) have seen so many false dawns, and people calling the top of the market for dubious (and sometimes spurious) reasons that we've become wary of heralding the top of the market. I'm extremely cautious in developing my opinions, but I think the crash/significant downturn is here. The facts are irrefutable.

The evidence isn't occasional and spurious, but continuous and well founded now. It's even reaching the mainstream media, perhaps the BBC will even report on what's happening when it's too obvious to ignore.

So . . . All of you who have been predicting a substantial drop in prices, dont be afraid to spread the word and take some satisfaction in things going your way. I know it may seem in bad taste to take pleasure at the fate of people you know who bought at the top of the market - but bear in mind they probably had no sympathy for those who they thought had 'missed the boat'

The turning point is here. Enjoy it and go out and spread the word. The HPI is dead. Long live the House Price Crash/Depreciation

It's so mainstream that I am becoming suspicious and contrarian and thinking that bullishness may be the way to go....

Seriously.

It would give the elites the cover to execute the final steps of their creation of a bonded labourer class. Rents will go up, prices stay up and then we are all trapped, renter and buyer alike. :ph34r:

we have had bearish news in the BBC before... HPC articles in 2001, we arent there yet mortgage applications are too high, I am very interested in seeing the latest regional stats for NI as falls here will dampen the overinflated UK stats. If NI doesnt fall, there HPI at 60% will continue to drive up the national stats, and give the rest of the market extra confidence...

I went away for 4 weeks in April, and didn't listen to any news at all.

When I came back, talking to friends and reading the papers I definilty felt a change in sentiment had occured.

I think you really notice it if you've been isolated from it for a while.

I'm with you house or home, i posted a similar sit 'back and enjoy it' post yesterday morning.

Job's a good un ;)

Edited by Nathan

It's so mainstream that I am becoming suspicious and contrarian and thinking that bullishness may be the way to go....

Seriously.

It would give the elites the cover to execute the final steps of their creation of a bonded labourer class. Rents will go up, prices stay up and then we are all trapped, renter and buyer alike. :ph34r:

The elites will do what they always do, crash the housing market, then devalue the currency.

Double wealth transfer.

House prices high & rents high won't happen because if they f74k hte economy as they are doing,

the price that people can afford to pay in rent will go down. Yields are already low,

and that is without even seeing recession / mass-unemployment.

What really makes me sick about these elites, is that they are going to f88k people in their 50s who

have worked all their life, now they will leave them with nothing as they enter their twilight years.

It is so sick.