House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
muggle

Next Chancellor Of The Exchequer

Brown wouldnt be so nasty as to make Balls the next chancellor - Balls be waiting for Brown's patsy for take the blame, then he'll come to save the day as the next-but-one chancellor

I put old Wingnut himself (Clarke) not on the grounds that he is unaware of the potential for a career-ending train wreck, but because with his age and track record I am thinking a pay rise and a lucrative book deal will, to him, represent a financially agreeable last hurrah.

:lol:

I think it is a forgone conclusion George Osborne will be taking over from GB's successor in the near future!

he's on the Guardian's list, and didn't gordenron say that he'd be bringing in people from outside?

can't imagine it though.

Well Alistair Darling is no stranger to chalices of the contaminated variety - he inherited the particularly toxic tankard that was the job of Secretary of State for Transport from Stephen Byers all those years ago. Plus he's matey with Gordey and is the Labour MP for Edinburgh.

So he gets my vote. The only thing I'm wondering is will he be the last Labour Chancellor we'll see for a generation?

How about giving "The Mingster" - Gordon's old pal and Lib Dem leader Sir Menzies Campbell a shot :lol: - as part of Gordons One Party State cross-party Government Of National Unity

I voted for Patricia Hewit, we can have 100% unemployment but she wont know so it will be alright. :lol:

That would be unemployment's "best year ever" then?

Is it possible anyone will do it without some real recompense?

I think it will be someone with very little competance (could be any in your poll) and at the end of the day they can always say they held the office and feel it was some sort of achievement.

No one could even contemplate taking this on thinking they could actually change the course of events that is now destined :(

No one could even contemplate taking this on thinking they could actually change the course of events that is now destined :(

Yip. It would make Amiral Doenitz's job look easy. :lol::lol::lol: