House Price Crash Forum
watcher

Slough - Unprecedented Increase In Properties For Sale Within 24 Hours In Rightmove

Looks like slough is at the tipping point. I have been watching the market for a number of years and I have never seen this many properties come on the market in one go. Normally there are about 30 to 40 per 24 hours.

Looks like slough is at the tipping point. I have been watching the market for a number of years and I have never seen this many properties come on the market in one go. Normally there are about 30 to 40 per 24 hours.

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough,

It isn't fit for humans now.

Nuff said. :lol:

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough,

It isn't fit for humans now.

Nuff said. :lol:

Thought I'd add this bit (thanks JB, who wrote this 70 years ago):

Mess up the mess they call a town,

A house for ninety-seven down

(that'd be £197 *thousand* in today's money, or would it?!)

:P

I haven't clicked on the links but how many of the properties are duplicated by different EA's?

Lets see how long the new apartments on Windsor Road take to sell before calling the top. That won't happen at least until the regeneration of the Slough is finished...whenever that is.

They're regenerating Slough? What does that involve, then?

Peter.

There are 2 seperate projects. This one http://www.slough.gov.uk/news/articles/archive/9734.aspx and one for the towncentre (I assume the highstreet)

I can't find info for the latter project, i'll have a look when I get more time. I personally expect more London workers to move to Slough because 2 stop train service to Paddington. Blody hell, we're even getting a Starbucks soon :blink:

Mind you, with 1,300 new luxury apartments being built i've decided I want to buy a house pretty sharpish. I've got 2 2 bedders, 1 of which is already on the market.

I can't find info for the latter project, i'll have a look when I get more time. I personally expect more London workers to move to Slough because 2 stop train service to Paddington. Blody hell, we're even getting a Starbucks soon :blink:

is they 2 stop train station servie to paddignton a new service in slough?? or has it always been that way?

is they 2 stop train station servie to paddignton a new service in slough?? or has it always been that way?

It's always been that way, well as far as I can remember anyway. I'm not sure how often that service is during the day but I think there are quite a few express trains in the morning.