House Price Crash Forum

Another Nail Is Driven Into Btl

HOLA441

"UK HOUSING RENTAL"

Tenant demand has cooled in the face of rising rents,slower employment growth and a bounce in home sales,figures indicated.

The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors said in the last three months to April 16 percent more of its members reported a rise than a fall in tenant lettings-down from 28 percent in 2006.That is the biggest drop in rental demand for almost two years and is below the long-run average of 18 percent data showed.

Times Buisness section wed May 30th

HOLA442
HOLA443

Also is one reason that there are less people to rent because so many people have gone onto the property ladder early? Lets say 100,000 people go ontot he market at a time of stable prices like in line with in flation but in the current climate there are 150,000 because the shepple are scraed to be left behind. That wouls mean there are less renters?

HOLA444

The great HPC2 is well and truly underway, pure and simple.

Fair enough, some people will say "hang on hang on we need a few more stats etc etc" but, you'll never stop saying that IMO.

Especially with the BTL disaster stories of late, lets face it, the wait is over, just a case of sitting back and watching it all unfold now.

In early 2003 i figured it'd all start to go south in late 2005. Since then i've learned to not make predictions anymore.

At the top of the mountain i can feel the icy biting wind in my hair and an incredible shortness of breath. I'm going to gently, patiently, and carefully climb back down to base camp for a warm cup of tea whilst everyone around me throws themselves off.

I enjoyed the climb up, but the relief I feel on the way down is all the more sweeter.

When I was up there I noticed a truly colossal mountain way way off in the distance. Although I'm tired and wary now and I need rest, one day, i know i'll climb that one too. And i'll be a lot more prepared.

... don't you just love it when a plan comes to fruition ;)

Edited by Nathan

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
No. Demand is wanting something AND being willing to pay the price for it. As rents have gone up people just arent willing to pay it anymore

How can rents go up if the demand isn't there. People won't rent and rents should drop not increase. Market forces and all that stuff. It doesn't make any sense to me either.

HOLA449
How can rents go up if the demand isn't there. People won't rent and rents should drop not increase. Market forces and all that stuff. It doesn't make any sense to me either.

I imagine the rent increases are coming from numpty BTLers trying to cover their ever increasing costs.

Maybe they will have to have a few void months before they realise they have to actually compete with all the other landlords around them.

HOLA4410
HTSITYS

(Hate To Say I Told You So)

A development of flats in my village was sold mainly to investors....as recent as April.

But even if there are fewer btl'ers than in the past (for obvious reasons, ie reduced yield, IR rises) you still sold out a couple of years early.

20% of £1.3M...£260k you might have had you kept your nerve. You must know how the contestants feel when they deal a couple of rounds too early on deal or no deal ;)

Edited by enworb

HOLA4411

Also is one reason that there are less people to rent because so many people have gone onto the property ladder early? Lets say 100,000 people go ontot he market at a time of stable prices like in line with in flation but in the current climate there are 150,000 because the shepple are scraed to be left behind. That would mean there are less renters? [no room at the inn]

A very good observation. In recent years FTBs have been speculating on future rises even more than BTL purchasers.

I don't know what the situation is down south, but up north rents appear to be static or falling. I've recently moved into a luxury one-bed flat and was able to negotiate a rent of £350 a month (reviewed to £395 after six-months) direct with the landlord. The previous tenant was paying £525 via an agent.

Edited by Jeff Ross

HOLA4412
HTSITYS

(Hate To Say I Told You So)

A development of flats in my village was sold mainly to investors....as recent as April.

But even if there are fewer btl'ers than in the past (for obvious reasons, ie reduced yeild, IR rises) you still sold out a couple of years early.

20% of £3.75m...£3/4m you might have had you kept your nerve. You must know how the contestants feel when they deal a couple of rounds too early on deal or no deal ;)

Edited. I thought you'd cashed in £1.3m for some reason :unsure:

HOLA4413

But even if there are fewer btl'ers than in the past (for obvious reasons, ie reduced yield, IR rises) you still sold out a couple of years early.

20% of £1.3M...£260k you might have had you kept your nerve. You must know how the contestants feel when they deal a couple of rounds too early on deal or no deal ;)

Not really. I've made a few 'speculative' investments since then that have geared the average return on my mountain of moulah WELL past a paltry 20%.

5%, 10%, 20% - those are returns for the 'little people'. Good luck with it, anyway, wage slave!.

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4414
Not really. I've made a few 'speculative' investments since then that have geared the average return on my mountain of moulah WELL past a paltry 20%.

5%, 10%, 20% - those are returns for the 'little people'. Good luck with it, anyway, wage slave!.

:lol::lol::lol:

Proof, if ever it was needed, that all the money in the world is no defence against being a complete and utter to$$er.

HOLA4415
Proof, if ever it was needed, that all the money in the world is no defence against being a complete and utter to$$er.

The thing is though is that this guy posts on a number of other forums often under the same name. It came out recently that he is a single recently-divorced fantastist living in a rented bedsit in blackpool. Apparently been on the dole for a number of years but passes the time by working out in his local gym (hence the avatar) whilst taking steroids (hence the aggression and posturing). Last i heard all of his hair fell out (just like his hero Sulk hogan) and his balls shrank to the size of my sainsbury's petis pois.

What can you say? Have some pity for the poor PG.