House Price Crash Forum
the_austrian

What Happens To Real Estate Prices If There's A Nuke Attack?

a very important question.. great advice from the government 'have a bit of cash handy incase of all out nuclear war'

Edited by moosetea

a very important question.. great advice from the government 'have a bit of cash handy incase of all out nuclear war'

Surely everyone knows the fallout-screening properties of cash?

lol cash it out the window, its food and water that win, you just create your own currency screw the government, lol you think brown will walk up to me and impose the pound for currency lol. he'll be pooing in the corner, only the strong will survive.

What would happen to property prices if an alien mother ship landed THAT is the real question

That depends wether they wanted to come and live here or take people away for probing.

would you go to london and get nuked or live and not have pc, psp , electricity gas heating food, return back to the stone age? me i woudl grab a woman bang her in central london and die, rather than live.

btw no one in britain would survive the radiation radius.

Edited by crash2006

This show is part of a whole policy of making nuclear attack seem imminent thus making it easier for the US to perform a nuclear attack. They have also been doing regular nuclear attack drills. The people in the program seem to have no idea about the effects of nuclear weapons either. This is just like Blair's 45 minute claim, it has just been turned into a long running, sophisticated, propaganda campaign.

I think a terrorist attack is really unlikely, the Iranians only seem to be wanting to produce nuclear fuel. The two most likely scenarios are some sort of crazy US attack on China to try to wipe it out as an economic competitor leading to a response, or a nuclear attack on Iran where one of the bombs hits nearby Russia instead, or if a lot of people (1000+) were to die of radiation poisoning in Russia as a result of such an attack with fairly large areas poisoned.

Edited by Della

This show is part of a whole policy of making nuclear attack seem imminent thus making it easier for the US to perform a nuclear attack. They have also been doing regular nuclear attack drills. The people in the program seem to have no idea about the effects of nuclear weapons either. This is just like Blair's 45 minute claim, it has just been turned into a long running, sophisticated, propaganda campaign.

I think a terrorist attack is really unlikely, the Iranians only seem to be wanting to produce nuclear fuel. The two most likely scenarios are some sort of crazy US attack on China to try to wipe it out as an economic competitor leading to a response, or a nuclear attack on Iran where one of the bombs hits nearby Russia instead, or if a lot of people (1000+) were to die of radiation poisoning in Russia as a result of such an attack with fairly large areas poisoned.

i hope no nuclear power is stupid enough to attack another nuclear power, there is literally no defence against these things, you could miss London and hit Coventry and still take out all of London anyway

i hope no nuclear power is stupid enough to attack another nuclear power, there is literally no defence against these things, you could miss London and hit Coventry and still take out all of London anyway

I take a strange form of comfort from the knowledge that I live near a first strike target, and as such in case of nuclear war I'd probably have about enough time to wonder what that flash was, before being incinerated.

What a bunch of twits! :lol:

Why is that anchor asking an accademic about nuclear attack? Ask a survivalist! He'll say you need two tons of canned food and an M16. By the time you've eaten your way through the canned food all the civil servants will be dead and the world will be yours for the taking. :P

(Gary Moore)

No, no, no.

Out on the streets they're all living in fear.

You can hear their hearts pound as the moment draws near.

One push of a button is all it would take

to dress the world in black.

One fault in the system, a fatal mistake,

and you never come back from a nuclear attack.

The Russians are ready, the U.S. is armed.

They try and tell us there's no cause for alarm.

If you think you can live like a rat in a sewer,

might stand a chance to stay alive.

No one can say, no one knows for sure,

just who will survive a nuclear attack.

You ain't never coming back, no,

from a nuclear attack.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no.

Yeah.

Oh.

Oh, yeah.

Look out.

Out on the streets they're all living in fear.

You can feel their hearts pound as the moment draws near.

You won't know what's hit you, it'll happen so fast,

won't be the time to even scream.

You'll just be burned up by the heat of the blast,

a thing of the past in a nuclear attack.

Nuclear attack,

you ain't never coming back,

ain't never coming back, no.

No, no, no.

From a nuclear attack, oh.

You ain't never coming back

in a nuclear attack, ah.

Oh, no, no, no.

Ah.

I think the peace time > armageddon preperation thing would go like this...

stocks>cash>gold>tinned food>water>hole in ground>ak47+knife + how to cook your neighbour for dummies

me i would grab a woman, bang her in central london and die, rather than live.

Great! so you would try to rape a stranger during your last moments on earth. You are either showing your age (very young), or having your hair riped out, your eyes scratched out, having a wooman be sick in your face. and having your own balls spat at you is the kind of thing you like.

Personaly i would rather die quietly.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Well if it`s any consolation, during the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962 when it is now claimed we were on the verge of complete annihilation, house price in the UK were still rising. ;)

i think gays would be happy with that lol :lol:

Well if they were fit then we'd have relocations to the probing hotspots leading to massive house price inflation (theres one for the bulls)

Nevermind the millions of dead and injured. What effect will it have on real estate values?

FFS!!!!!!!

So the Cold War`s making a comeback? I suppose some of the rules have changed, but it`d be interesting to see if today`s `youth` could handle growing up in the shadow of The Bomb. When 9/11 happened all the TV stations were running around with lines like `How do we tell the kids?` :lol:

That was b*gger all compared to growing up with the knowledge that sirens could start wailing at any moment with armageddon following shortly after. :o

So the Cold War`s making a comeback? I suppose some of the rules have changed, but it`d be interesting to see if today`s `youth` could handle growing up in the shadow of The Bomb. When 9/11 happened all the TV stations were running around with lines like `How do we tell the kids?` :lol:

That was b*gger all compared to growing up with the knowledge that sirens could start wailing at any moment with armageddon following shortly after. :o

it's not that bad,with any luck,most of the chavs will have been conscripted off to iran/syria/iraq whatever by then.

....the secret is work WITH each other...if you have food and someone has a few cans of coke to drink,then co-operate so everyone's ok....safety in numbers is the order of the day.....the big boys would like nothing better than to see people here kill each other for a can of coke(we have it over a pair of sneakers already),let's not give them the pleasure!!!

it's not that bad,with any luck,most of the chavs will have been conscripted off to iran/syria/iraq whatever by then.

....the secret is work WITH each other...if you have food and someone has a few cans of coke to drink,then co-operate so everyone's ok....safety in numbers is the order of the day.....the big boys would like nothing better than to see people here kill each other for a can of coke(we have it over a pair of sneakers already),let's not give them the pleasure!!!

A nice idea - but what about the radiation, disease, lack of shelter etc?