House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

subby

Having The Balls To Say It....

While I can totally empathise with Maddy's family over her abduction, she's not the only child in the world to go missing!

I hope and pray she's found safe but does anyone else feel that FAR TOO MUCH airtime's been given to this one kid? Would it have something to do with her middle class Dr. parents? If it was someone from a hard area of east London would they have had the same viewing?? NO!

Even looking at the find Maddy website...it's almost bordering on becoming a commercial money making site...

Point being if the parents hadn't went out and left her in the house with her younger siblings she would still be here today. I hope that they get done for abondonment!

imo the publicity is putting the child at further risk....

I was thinking the exact same thing last night. With the amount of publicity that's been raised there's no chance the abductor will be able to let the kid live.

Too bad.

See my post(Re: Mccan family meeting POPE), we've already been talking about this for the past few weeks....agree though...its is the media train in 5th gear....

I hope and pray she's found safe but does anyone else feel that FAR TOO MUCH airtime's been given to this one kid? .....

Point being if the parents hadn't went out and left her in the house with her younger siblings she would still be here today. I hope that they get done for abondonment!

You really are a careless ***** aren't you. So let me get this stright, we should be devoting LESS time to trying to find a missing child. Christ, if is anyone who deserves to go through what her parents are going through (and I don't think there is), from that post, you must be close to the top of the list.

You really are a careless ***** aren't you. So let me get this stright, we should be devoting LESS time to trying to find a missing child. Christ, if is anyone who deserves to go through what her parents are going through (and I don't think there is), from that post, you must be close to the top of the list.

So should the papers and TV devote all their time to ALL the abducted children?

Yes I am sure the abductors were always planning to let her go anyway... :rolleyes:

You're right, after how ever many weeks it's been - it seems unlikely. But that's beside the point. And the point you seem to be missing is not that people don't care that a child has gone missing - it's the media circus that it's degenerated into.

You're right, after how ever many weeks it's been - it seems unlikely. But that's beside the point. And the point you seem to be missing is not that people don't care that a child has gone missing - it's the media circus that it's degenerated into.

If the point is that the media should ignore missing children, I am glad I don't get it.

I have been giving this some thought myself today, the intial comments I will treat with the contempt they deserve by providing no answer, the pain and suffering of the parents does not even bear thinking about.

We live in a world of technological marvels whereby information when created is distributed on a global basis to the masses in the blink of an eye.

There are literally billions of eyes out there, who are searching daily for information of one sort or another.

So instead of thinking about the negatives, lets think about the positives.

Google, Yahoo, could on their opening page for two days post a picture and ask for help, imagine how many people would see it.

Just about every human being in Western Europe has a mobile phone from age 14 up. How about the mobile phone companies send out a picture message en mass to every phone, imagine the coverage, and the impact and just how easy it would be to achieve this.

I myself recieved a chain letter with a picture recently, to pass on. I passed it on to 300 people, if they all passed it on to their immediate lists then thats many thousands and so on.

The mindset that sh1t happens is no longer good enough, its time to make our technological marvels that we have all been gifted with work for us all.

I'm a dad of a 5 year old girl myself so no I'm not a careless **** as you wonderfully put it. All I'm saying is would there be so much of a media circus if this was a daughter of some single parent working class person?

Maddy's parents are "middle class Dr.'s" and all I'm stating is if they weren't would there be so much in the news?

I'm a dad of a 5 year old girl myself so no I'm not a careless **** as you wonderfully put it. All I'm saying is would there be so much of a media circus if this was a daughter of some single parent working class person?

Maddy's parents are "middle class Dr.'s" and all I'm stating is if they weren't would there be so much in the news?

"All you stated" was that she has had far too much airtime, and you hope her parents get done for abandonment.

What makes you think the amount of attention that Maddy got has anything at all to do with the fact that her parents are middle class doctors? Even if it does, is that Maddy's fault? Is that her parents fault?

I agree, the mental trauma is absoluty enormous. They dont even know wether its OK to grieve. And if they dont find out what has happened, thier minds will be in torment for the rest of thier lives.

One thing they could try is to offer a short sentence to the abductors if she is now returned and a life term if she is not and they are caught.

I "don't" really think anyone is being heartless or "careless"(??) here....the P-O-I-N-T IS..........

If anyone else's child was missing, would they get the same media attention......we haven't seen it before in any OTHER CASES have we Howner?? You CAN'T say we have.....

The Mccans for whatever reason here have been fortunate to have the MASSIVE media attention on their side DESPITE the fact that they left the children ALONE when Madeline was taken!!!!

Now the POPE involved, this is really a first!!!!!...other British kids have not been so fortunate, their parents are still looking WITHOUT the monetary backing and Media power behind them.....

So, for all those who get emotionally charged without thinking and puting down "your heartless this and that" spare a thought if it was YOUR child and you DIDNT get the backing of the media etc etc etc or the pope intervening....how would that make you feel?

Each child is a jewel to the parents, no one doubts that.....Madeline is fortunately AND unfortunately being used as a pawn for the press......works both ways.

I "don't" really think anyone is being heartless or "careless"(??) here....the P-O-I-N-T IS..........

If anyone else's child was missing, would they get the same media attention......we haven't seen it before in any OTHER CASES have we Howner?? You CAN'T say we have.....

The Mccans for whatever reason here have been fortunate to have the MASSIVE media attention on their side DESPITE the fact that they left the children ALONE when Madeline was taken!!!!

Now the POPE involved, this is really a first!!!!!...other British kids have not been so fortunate, their parents are still looking WITHOUT the monetary backing and Media power behind them.....

So, for all those who get emotionally charged without thinking and puting down "your heartless this and that" spare a thought if it was YOUR child and you DIDNT get the backing of the media etc etc etc or the pope intervening....how would that make you feel?

Each child is a jewel to the parents, no one doubts that.....Madeline is fortunately AND unfortunately being used as a pawn for the press......works both ways.

I reallyhope Madeleine comes back safe and sound.

Then I hope the parents get done for child neglect; no doubt there`ll be newspaper stories / books / films about their experience to pay off any fines they accrue <_<

Yes, they have been fortunate. A lot of people really have made an effort. That is something to be proud of, and it is a shame that it hasn't happened in similar cases. Therefore, we should be hoping that other similar cases get more attention, rather than hoping that this one gets less! The McCann's definitely seem to have played a part in the media and press campaign, but then I have respect for them for doing this (and being fortunate enough to be in a position to do it). Hopefully if anyone else is unfortunate enough to be in this position, they can learn from what has, and what hasn't been done.

Lets face it, anyone with a heart would rather read about a missing child in the paper than the latest BS from big brother for the simple fact, that it just might do some good. BB never will.

People should be thinking "we should have done more for the other kids", not "lets do less for Maddy". That kind of thinking is typical of what is wrong with modern society.

I think that in this world of illegal wars, misery inflicted by New Labour on the working classes, it is very touching to read a story that shows human kindness is not completely lost, that there is some hope out there that people are not only concerned with themselves and will pull together in an attempt to solve this awfull case.

The fact that people point to the fact that this family are middle class stink of New Labours brainwashed politics of envy. How sick to even think class has a part to play in the media attention surrounding this case.

I would suggest that the parents who are obviously educated, decent people are driving this themselves. Rather than appearing on TV sobbing at interviews they are directing their efforts in making sure this is held in the media for as long as is possible to catch our attentions.

This lady was a doctor, someone who devoted her life to helping others, so its quite right that we help her. For sure if it was a Chav Family on benefits, with some dodgy uncles lurking in the background the publics interest would not be the same, but that is certainly nothing to do with class.

As far as I am concerned, anyone who works for a living is working class, a slave to this Government, and eventually dependent on state handouts no matter how good their pension is today.

I like many other hope that this case is solved very soon, and the little girl is returned very soon.

thankyou for putting my point across better than I managed to :P

If those parents were Chavs, off down the English pub for beers and a fry up, the media would have utterly crucified them for leaving their kids alone for a half hour at a time at night. You think if it had been Lizzie bardsley that was the mother, they would have been crying tears for the mother the way they are just now?

They would have returned to Britain to face criminal charges for child neglect. IMHO, they still should.

My life revolves around my 14 month old daughter. Going on holiday right now means room service at night for her Mum and I. I wouldn't have it any other way. Thats the deal when you have children. Get over it.

These two need to ask themselves a few hard questions.

As for the rest of it, the last time I had this sort of 'fatigue' was when Diana died. Same parallels in the reporting.