House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Tv Under Pressure In Online Shift, Says Sorrell

I only ever watch the weather forecast. Other than that I can happily live without broadcast television. It's that old inverse relationship between quality and quantity. I was content with 4 channels, each of which I might watch occasionally and C4 was up until the late 90s reasonably good for film production.

As it is, ITV and C4 have dumbed down to compete with C5 and its owner Sky. The Beeb has dumbed down to compete with ITV and C4. A spiral of decline, which would have happened without the internet, but may have helped with the growth of it.

I still have a decent collection of DVDs mostly bought online.

As the BBC becomes less and less of a public service the licence fee will die because it will no longer be justified.

I only ever watch the weather forecast. Other than that I can happily live without broadcast television. It's that old inverse relationship between quality and quantity. I was content with 4 channels, each of which I might watch occasionally and C4 was up until the late 90s reasonably good for film production.

As it is, ITV and C4 have dumbed down to compete with C5 and its owner Sky. The Beeb has dumbed down to compete with ITV and C4. A spiral of decline, which would have happened without the internet, but may have helped with the growth of it.

I still have a decent collection of DVDs mostly bought online.

As the BBC becomes less and less of a public service the licence fee will die because it will no longer be justified.

exactly unless they bring in a internet tax