House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Irony

like you I'm a bear. However, In around 2012/2013 we'll all be bulls (when prices rise from the years of slump we'll have endured).

Sit back and relax enjoy the feeling of a plan coming to fruition :rolleyes:

cheers!

Edited by Nathan

In 2013, I won`t be a bull, I`ll just be hoping that hard working individuals will be able to buy a home to live in. If they have a few quid to enjoy themselves, that will be a good thing. If you want to make a profit, work hard.

In 2013, I won`t be a bull, I`ll just be hoping that hard working individuals will be able to buy a home to live in. If they have a few quid to enjoy themselves, that will be a good thing. If you want to make a profit, work hard.

I'm hoping to get my own programme on TV. It's a cross between property ladder, the apprentice and celebrity big brother. Basically we get people who are interested in making money out of property to buy somewhere. Lets say Wayne and Sharon buy a place in Brighton at a third of its price in 2007. Then we get a bunch of z-list celebs' friends to live in the house and do it up over a 10 week period. Each week one gets a evicted and the remaining one gets a job with Alan Sugar.

like you I'm a bear. However, In around 2012/2013 we'll all be bulls (when prices rise from the years of slump we'll have endured).

cheers!

you are right, at the correct time you MUST become bull otherwise fade away in the abyss of i don't know what's going on and never will 'neither' type.

I am bullish in bull markets and bearish in bear markets.

UK Housing is unbelievably still bullish (it's a bull market folks until it isn't) but the major bear market is coming i just hope it would come so we could all get over it.

cheers!

If those that say stangnation is impossible are right then we should all be bulls. The ones that want a crash should hope for more rises to bring a crash closer. Then when its crashed they know it will only rise again. Bullishness on a grand scale i think.

Will this much hoped for crash ever arive i wonder? They say its here now, coming soon, in 2008 or such like. Trouble is, the buyers dont seem to have realised yet. No doubt they will in time. For me, id much prefer staganation because for every FTB rubbing there hands there will be a FTB from the last 3 years being chucked on the streets. Those that hope for a crash because it will be good for youngsters need to think on this.

Edited by HPC Convert

It's difficult to say what we'll be doing by 2016, the projected market bottom.

However, there might indeed be a huge bull market afterwards.

Think about it: global warming is a fact. Greenland is melting (right now) and

accelerating. Just Greenland's ice completely melting means +7m sea level.

Now, think. How many coastal towns are there in the UK? How many people

live there? And this only Greenland - we're not talking Antarctica yet.

Make no mistake, the melting IS already happening, it's inevitable.

Yes, there will be a fantastic bull market in the higher regions. Also in

continental Europe, since wealthier Brits try to leave the chaos behind them.

Although, try to avoid the Netherlands.

It's difficult to say what we'll be doing by 2016, the projected market bottom.

However, there might indeed be a huge bull market afterwards.

Think about it: global warming is a fact. Greenland is melting (right now) and

accelerating. Just Greenland's ice completely melting means +7m sea level.

Now, think. How many coastal towns are there in the UK? How many people

live there? And this only Greenland - we're not talking Antarctica yet.

Make no mistake, the melting IS already happening, it's inevitable.

Yes, there will be a fantastic bull market in the higher regions. Also in

continental Europe, since wealthier Brits try to leave the chaos behind them.

Although, try to avoid the Netherlands.

......and the Thames Gateway.

Think about it: global warming is a fact.

I was reading an article recently where NASA scientists were predicting solar cooling over the next couple of decades. So don't bet on that... if they're correct, then the Earth is going to get cooler soon, not warmer.

Greenland is melting (right now) and accelerating.

It's a while since I looked at the temperature records from Greenland, but a few years ago nothing much was happening there.

Edited by MarkG

I was reading an article recently where NASA scientists were predicting solar cooling over the next couple of decades. So don't bet on that... if they're correct, then the Earth is going to get cooler soon, not warmer.

The UK will get cooler in winter anyway, much cooler. The Gulfstream will vanish. Not much crops in Britain growing after that.

It's nice to hope on the sun just cooling down in time for us to pollute more. But why ignoring decades of temperature records

in favour of a polluter's wet dream?

It's a while since I looked at the temperature records from Greenland, but a few years ago nothing much was happening there.

Really? What data are you looking at? Don't fool yourself. Have a look at this here:

http://www.physorg.com/news10948.html

From 1996 to 2000, widespread glacial acceleration was found at latitudes below 66 degrees north. This acceleration extended to 70 degrees north by 2005. The researchers estimated the ice mass loss resulting from enhanced glacier flow increased from 63 cubic kilometers in 1996 to 162 cubic kilometers in 2005. Combined with the increase in ice melt and in snow accumulation over that same time period, they determined the total ice loss from the ice sheet increased from 96 cubic kilometers in 1996 to 220 cubic kilometers in 2005.

This is an article from 2006. It is not getting better, though. But people will delude themselves up to the last minute,

I suppose. When the first water comes through the over-leveraged 40-year adjustable-rate flat, then they will start thinking.

I realize more and how fantastic speculation opportunities open up just because of people's complacency and delusion.

Still, it's sort of sad.

Edited by Goldfinger

It's nice to hope on the sun just cooling down in time for us to pollute more. But why ignoring decades of temperature recordsin favour of a polluter's wet dream?

Because the temperature records are so closely correlated to the solar output that there's little room for 'polluters' to have caused any extra warming.

Really? What data are you looking at? Don't fool yourself.

The, uh, temperature records from Greenland?

......and the Thames Gateway.

didn't the best scientists in the world predict a new ice age around this time (21st century) 30 years ago?

You cannot predict mother nature we do not know enough about her, what we do know is that the big wheel will keep on turning and we will not be able to second guess her.. yet.

didn't the best scientists in the world predict a new ice age around this time (21st century) 30 years ago?

No, but some of the same scientists now pushing 'global warming' were pushing 'global cooling' back then.

Because the temperature records are so closely correlated to the solar output that there's little room for 'polluters' to have caused any extra warming.

So, your explanation of Greenland's ice (and glaciers all over the world) melting is an increased solar output?

Did you refer to this here?

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/temperature/...eenlandTemp.jpg

That does not really support you point, I think.

100KYearsGreenlandTemp.jpg

post-7800-1180311479_thumb.jpg

Edited by Goldfinger

cooling, heating, CO2, Green, Blue, Labour, Conservative, oil, energy

the real question is, will a heating earth (2degrees in 50years) cause the human race problems, and are these problems worth spending billions on today?

in my mind, no the problems do not outweigh the money required

i hate the green movement!

cooling, heating, CO2, Green, Blue, Labour, Conservative, oil, energy

the real question is, will a heating earth (2degrees in 50years) cause the human race problems, and are these problems worth spending billions on today?

in my mind, no the problems do not outweigh the money required

i hate the green movement!

You are young enough to find out that you were grossly wrong in making this statement.

It's people like you who I will have no sympathy at all with when things finally go belly up.

Instead, I will make a great profit from your misery.

Cells -- start using the ones in your brains.

You are young enough to find out that you were grossly wrong in making this statement.

It's people like you who I will have no sympathy at all with when things finally go belly up.

Instead, I will make a great profit from your misery.

Cells -- start using the ones in your brains.

let me guess

you took a visit to your local cinema to see "the day after tomorrow" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

what effects do you think a 2 degree warmer earth will have on us?

also... one thing i keep mentioning to the "greens" is that if CO2 is causing global warming, and you think it is going to destroy us. then you can not realistically say, ok we are pumping out so much lets just cut that by 10% and things will be ok. you need to reduce by near 100% or your a hypocrite

the only single negative that is worth noting will be rising sea levels, and this may come as a shock to you but that is not a problem

http://www.galactic-guide.com/articles/6R30.html

Most of the Netherlands lies beneath sea level, hence the name. Are the Dutch bothered about that? Not in the least. Alright, they do build dikes and impressive water works to keep the water out, but they'll never leave their country because of it.

so forget global warming CO2 Oil Tax grab, sit back, and enjoy

Global warming = ****** to get us to use less oil (which im all for, but not if it costs us industry and jobs and wastes tax moneyies)

so forget global warming CO2 Oil Tax grab, sit back, and enjoy

That's exactly what I'll do when much of this country's infrastructure finally gets

flooded.

It will be spectacular. Best of all, one will read that it was unexpected --

exactly like the drops in existing home sales in the US at the moment. :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

What I see from conversation with people like you, cells, is, that there is $h1t loads

of money to make with this tragedy since people basically act like headless chickens.

As I said, I think this is sad and great at the same time.

That's exactly what I'll do when much of this country's infrastructure finally gets

flooded.

It will be spectacular. Best of all, one will read that it was unexpected --

exactly like the drops in existing home sales in the US at the moment. :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

What I see from conversation with people like you, cells, is, that there is $h1t loads

of money to make with this tragedy since people basically act like headless chickens.

As I said, I think this is sad and great at the same time.

your worried about rising sea levels? Google "Netherlands sea level"

a country under the sea level, they have no problems, why would we?

The problem will come when our industry needs to buy carbon points and compete with 3rd world industry which does not.

your worried about rising sea levels? Google "Netherlands sea level"

a country under the sea level, they have no problems, why would we?

To say the Netherlands has no problems is lunacy. To say that they have no immediately nation-threatening

problems yet is possibly closer to the truth.

The problem will come when our industry needs to buy carbon points and compete with 3rd world industry which does not.

What problem? The 'problem' is here already. And if you think China is going to cut back only because half of Europe

and especially the UK gets flooded, then think twice. The Chines have more experience in mass-killings and floodings

and how to ignore them than the UK has. They won't care so much.