House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Brown's New Deputy? Talks About Housing

Talk is cheap....

Labour deputy leadership challenger Jon Cruddas was accused of 'double standards' as it was revealed he bought a £500,000 second home to be close to his child's elite selective school.

Left-winger Mr Cruddas has attacked Labour plans for more choice in education and criticised the lack of homes for working-class families.

But he sends his own child to one of Britain's most exclusive Roman Catholic schools. And he owns two London homes, one of which is empty most of the time, thanks to claiming £60,000 in tax-free Commons housing expenses in the past three years.

:rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Would Nick Griffin be such a hypocrite? I would like to think not.

People put so much faith in this NuLab government, "things can only get better" and they would be "whiter than white", what hypocritical scum they have become. If it wasn't for the BNP I wouldn't even bother voting.

Griffin would make sure British people had the opportunity to buy a fair house at a fair price.

A few quotes from the BNP website. (sorry to bring them up, but they do talk so much sense). The BNP do seem to know what they are on about, while Cameron, the stupid tosspot talks about shared ownership.

Quotes from BNP website:

1)Although Britain in 2005 enjoys a fragile prosperity redolent of the "you never had it so good" years of the 1950s, thoughtful citizens realize that this is built upon a foundation of rising debt and record trade deficits and is therefore unsustainable.

2)Rising incomes mean nothing if the cost of living is rising just as fast. The present government is lying about inflation by excluding housing costs, which are a significant part of the average family's budget, from the inflation rate. House prices in Britain, particularly in the southeast, have been allowed to skyrocket in recent years to the point where many ordinary people who don't own houses cannot afford to acquire them and those who pay rent must spend an excessive portion of their income.

3)The BNP supports better education, particularly in those disciplines and institutions most relevant to the bulk of British industry, like the polytechnics. We support the systematic rebuilding of the pure and applied scientific prowess that supports industrial research.

4)Over the last few decades a seismic cultural shift has occurred in attitudes to credit. From a phobia, it has been transformed to become an acceptable option to supplement income. Consumers are now more willing to take out mortgages, bank loans, overdrafts, hire purchase, and credit card debt. The amount of money owed by consumers has broken through the symbolic £1 trillion barrier for the first time. Fuelling this cultural shift, was a change in government fiscal policy; their desire was to stimulate a flagging economy utilising credit. The result, a period of extremely low interest rates and inexpensive credit.

The ultimate responsibility for this financial disaster lies at the doors of the Government, the Bank of England and the commercial banks. The government demanding a stimulation in the economy, created low interest rates. The commercial banks saw an opportunity to sell their products by an unprecedented advertising campaign on TV. The consumer fell for it , hook, line and sink. A government backed inquiry into the banks accuse them of making “excess profits”. HSBC for the first six months have recorded a 20% rise in profits to £4.5 billion: Barclays in the same period made a profit of £2.2 billion.

Economically, the consequences of this easy credit are concerns about inflation generally on the horizon, with hyper inflation in the housing market. Thus, the wind has changed causing an increase in interest rates. From a 50 year low last year of 3.5%, there have been 5 interest rate rises in 9 months. Currently at 4.75%, with many economists expecting it to peak at 5.25% or even higher. This allows the banks to play its trump card – even more profits from its credit business. They are about to fleece their customers, by siphoning a larger proportion of individual income into their profit accounts.

I did a bit of research into the 6 people running for Deputy Prime Minister, seeing as the

country had no say in which PM we had, and that Brown stands for all Blair did, and guess what

all 6 have the same position on all the key issues, the same as Blair and Brown.

So let me get this right.

All 3 major parties are the same on all the key issues, its just on side issues that don't matter, that they disagree on.

The new PM of the party is just like the last one, and the deputy PM will be like a mini-me of the PM.

So glad we live in a democracy.

I did a bit of research into the 6 people running for Deputy Prime Minister, seeing as the

country had no say in which PM we had, and that Brown stands for all Blair did, and guess what

all 6 have the same position on all the key issues, the same as Blair and Brown.

So let me get this right.

All 3 major parties are the same on all the key issues, its just on side issues that don't matter, that they disagree on.

The new PM of the party is just like the last one, and the deputy PM will be like a mini-me of the PM.

So glad we live in a democracy.

Well in a way that's slightly reassuring. If they completely changed after the election then there would be a bigger problem.

People put so much faith in this NuLab government, "things can only get better" and they would be "whiter than white", what hypocritical scum they have become. If it wasn't for the BNP I wouldn't even bother voting.

I would love Nick Griffin to be Prime Minister. At the moment hes not worth much dead.

Edited by anubis

According to Private Eye, Peter Hain, Alan Johnson and Hilary Benn have all taken campaign contributions from... property developers!

On p6 of the current issue in the "HP Sauce" column.

According to Private Eye, Peter Hain, Alan Johnson and Hilary Benn have all taken campaign contributions from... property developers!

On p6 of the current issue in the "HP Sauce" column.

Money to burn ? Not for long.

It amuses me to imagine that Nick Griffin would get some goons to hang around the school gates until a few kids dropped out and make space for his kids so he get on the PTA in order to drop the "Catholic" and make it a Proddy Grammer. Then he would kick out all the Catholics and replace them with more Proddies who would then erect a giant burning cross in the middle of the playground while performing ritualistic chanting over the corpse of the former head master.

But to be fair, he would be open and up front about his plans every step of the way!

I hope John Cruddas wins the Labour deputy leadership - he is the only one of the candidates not totally divorced from reality as he hasn't been a minister for the last 5 years! He champions working class Labour supporters, is critical about the way they have been screwed over by this government, argues passionately for more affordable housing, recognises the need for the country to regularise all of the immigrants who are here illegally and has seen off the BNP in his constituency (unlike Margaret Hodge's Barking constituency where the BNP are growing stronger by the day).

He has his flaws - but he is the only candidate with anything new to offer!