House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Prices To Hit 12-year High Says Cbi

Economists have put the chances of 6pc interest rates this year at one in three, after fresh signs emerged that the Bank of England has lost control of prices and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) said Britain has the worst inflation problem in Western Europe
George Osborne, the shadow chancellor, said: "It's official: Gordon Brown is leaving the Treasury with the public finances in the worst state in Western Europe. You have to be truly incompetent to combine the highest taxes in our history with a budget deficit higher even than Italy's."

oh GB

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm.../cnprices25.xml

hey didnt they say 3 montsh ago how wonderful GB was and how great his economic leadership skills were.

Edited by crash2006

Politics....

The Tories put the boot in after it's too late to change it. Their inability to see what's coming has been a big factor in the whole mess.

This country is a lost cause.

This country is a lost cause.

Maybe we can sell it cheap to the Chinese and retire to Mongolia?

So many problems in the UK where do we start?

Yeah, but once the Chinese have bought it, the problems are theirs, not ours :). 'Sold as seen mate, sold as seen.'

Guest Charlie The Tramp
The CBI said the number of manufacturers intending to raise prices in the coming months had hit the highest level in 12 years. The news is vitally important since the Bank said last week that if this specific measure continued to rise it would imply that it might have to raise borrowing costs again.

I said this weeks ago as soon as Companies see inflation rising they steam in and up prices to increase profits. I did it myself in business. When queried by customers on price rises, it would be, sorry it`s this bloody inflation, tell us about it they would reply. Once the cork pops out the bottle they all steam in for a drink. It happened in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.

There`s only so long you will work for peanuts before you grasp the opportunity to build your pension pot, and all the time you subsidised your customer the inflation opportunity is seized with relish. ;)

Guest grumpy-old-man
Yeah, but once the Chinese have bought it, the problems are theirs, not ours :) . 'Sold as seen mate, sold as seen.'

:D:D

Perhaps we should have a thread keeping tabs on price rises in common everyday items?

I'll start:

Petrol per litre - Feb 2007 83.9p, May 2007 93.9p

500ml Coke - Feb 2007 85p, May 2007 £1.12p.

Perhaps we should have a thread keeping tabs on price rises in common everyday items?

I'll start:

Petrol per litre - Feb 2007 83.9p, May 2007 93.9p

500ml Coke - Feb 2007 85p, May 2007 £1.12p.

The price of confectionery seems to be rising as well. About 18 months ago a Snickers would cost me about 37p, then 42p, then 45p now I have paid 49p in a few places. I will need a wheelbarrow of notes just to buy snacks if it carries on any longer!! :lol:

Edited by Sinking Feeling

Politics....

The Tories put the boot in after it's too late to change it. Their inability to see what's coming has been a big factor in the whole mess.

Tell me more, have I missed something.

Tell me more, have I missed something.

Labour are scum, all spin and no substance. Tories are just thick, and the Lib dems just position themselves in the middle of Labour and Tories.

Where are all the good politicians these days? I am becoming really appathetic. We need some extremism in politics just to make things more interesting, extremism on both the left and rightwing.