House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
billy-g

Banks Pushing Btl Over The Phone

Here's one which if I'd read about it, I'm not sure I'd have believed it.

I work abroad, so came back last week to the usual stack of mail. One of those was my bank wanting a customer review to look at my overdraft useage, which I dipped into last month because I forgot to top it up from my savings account (held with another bank) while working in Europe. Oh bloody great I thought, here we go.

Anyways, gets in the phone to them, tells them no, I cant come in for a chat, not interested in their products as their savings rates are utter crap, and if they want to annoy me for no reason, I'll take my business elsewhere.

At this point the girl on the phone apologises profusely, tells me the reason for the contact is that I'm pre approved for an overdraft of £8500 and a same day, no application needed loan of £12500. Oh, and we have new BTL products, can she sent me out details to allow me to get into this exciting new sector!!!

When I told her I sold all my BTL's last year due to my long term feelings on the market, she ummed and ahhhed, then admitted herself she thought it was 'all looking a bit mad isn't it. But I dont know where the jobs are coming from to pay the wages needed to buy these houses?' Exactly love, exactly.

Unfeckingreal. I wonder how many folk would have went 'Kerching' at hearing that offer, say yes please to the debt, and be mugging the postie the next day to get the BTL info from him!??

This really is getting to be one of the biggest credit crunch parties in history.