House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

The Dove Who Flies Across The Atlantic

The contempt that old Danny boy has for the UK worker and their plight is palpable.

No puzzle about the growth in self-employment. Many have been displaced and thrown on the scrap heap.

The contempt I have for his ilk and the organisation he belongs too is growing by the day (if that is possible).

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/st...2088834,00.html

The dove who flies across the Atlantic

Unlike his rate-setting colleagues at the Bank of England, jet-setting Danny Blanchflower is still calm about inflation, he tells Heather Stewart

He says young, hard-working employees from Poland, the Czech Republic and other eastern European countries have helped the labour market to work better, matching skills to jobs, but also weakened the ability of British workers to demand higher wages: 'In some of my tours around the country, that's what I hear: that migrant workers are flexible, they're productive, they show up on time. Firms are going to continue to use indigenous workers, but people are aware that perhaps their bargaining power is not what it was.'

Another puzzle that worries him is the rapid rise in the number of self-employed workers. He points out that over the past two years 70 per cent of the growth in employment has come from the self-employed - and, notwithstanding Gordon Brown's enthusiasm for entrepreneurs, they can be vulnerable as the economy slows.

The Observer

He says young, hard-working employees from Poland, the Czech Republic and other eastern European countries have helped the labour market to work better, matching skills to jobs, but also weakened the ability of British workers to demand higher wages: 'In some of my tours around the country, that's what I hear: that migrant workers are flexible, they're productive, they show up on time. Firms are going to continue to use indigenous workers, but people are aware that perhaps their bargaining power is not what it was.'

This is completely at odds with his assertion that the labour market is 'healthy'. If Czech and Polish workers are taking jobs that lower skilled British workers are not, then the logical conclusion is that increasing numbers of British workers are unemployed and subsisting on the taxpayer, thereby driving taxes - and inflation - up.

The Observer

But if the data aren't supportive and we see that the labour market is weak, there's an effect on consumption, and the housing market is slow, then we'll act.'

Even if inflation is going up at the same time? If M4 money supply, taxation, energy costs and the price of imported foodstuffs continue to rise at the same time as the labour and housing markets are weakening, then according to the MPC's remit, it will have no choice but to continue putting rates up. Its brief is to regulate inflation, not prop up a failing housing market.

Interesting that he doesn't mention rising taxation or the money supply at all, and only makes a glancing reference to oil prices. In other words, this article is a typical Guardian/Observer/NuLab 'all is rosy in the economic garden' propaganda piece.

It is a measure of how ridiculous that Blanchflower is that he thinks his toupee is in any way convincing.

blanchflower.jpg

no photographs of him outside when wind speeds exceed 10mph are permitted.

Perhaps it is time we found a Pole' who could do his job for half the price, I'm sure ther are plenty out there. What a dick.

That is perhaps the worst syrup I've seen outside a comedy film.

And yes, his contempt for the ordinary British worker is deplorable. With attitudes like that, no wonder the proles are mightily pissed off.

Oh, so the inflation target is now wage inflation not the Consumer Prices Index?

'A fool in search of his village' sums him up very well.

The man's clearly an idiot!

Wage inflation has been low, but general inflation has been rising..........maybe he should ask himself how this could be if the primary cause of inflation were wages.

He has already admitted that he doesn't see rising monetary inflation as a problem and now he doesn't see planned rises in manufacturers prices as a problem either.

The contempt that old Danny boy has for the UK worker and their plight is palpable.

To quote Eric Idle: 'What a silly bunt'.

LOL... he's actually gloating about pushing down the real wages of Britons by shipping in millions of cheap immigrants.

He's probably lucky that he'll be able to fly off to America when the backlash hits.

Another puzzle that worries him is the rapid rise in the number of self-employed workers.

Maybe, just maybe, that's because they can't get jobs because they've been given to those 'young, hard-working employees from Poland' instead?

The rise in self employed may be due to the massive influx of polish plumbers, builders, gardeners, nannies, cleaners, washer women, car washers, squeegee kids? Most of whom will be working as self employed.

His wife left him because she didn't like dicks

He has been labelled a "happiness guru" for his ability to quantify the increase in happiness for individuals who are married or have sex frequently, work which has applications in divorce law and pharmaceutical advertising.

Maybe this is why he feels the need to make evryone else for his own misery through his ridiculous ideas.

tells Heather Stewart

He says young, hard-working employees from Poland, the Czech Republic and other eastern European countries have helped the labour market to work better, matching skills to jobs, but also weakened the ability of British workers to demand higher wages:

now forgive me if I'm wrong,but the MPC is given a mandate by the treasury.

the treasury is part of the british government.

the government is formed by MP's

MP's are under obligation"representation of the people act",to act in the best interests of their constituents.

HOW IS WEAKENING BARGAINING POWER IN THE INTERESTS OF THEIR ELECTORS????.

Someone's not playing by the queensbury rules here now are they!!

Any legal experts care to comment on the viability of lawsuits for dereliction of duty. :angry:

This is a guy who argues for a rate reduction in a minority of one and two months later votes for a rise just to show that 'they are on the case'.

I have said it before. Show me someone who claims to be an 'expert' and I will show you someone who only sees one side of the issue. He is proof that a good education does not mean that you actually 'know' anything. He will have been taught one of the orthodox financial theories at university and stuck with it ever since. These guys get paid a fortune and yet display the skills of a below average horse racing pundit. Trouble is that it is our money they gamble with :angry:

blanchflower.jpg

no photographs of him outside when wind speeds exceed 10mph are permitted.

YOU ARE BILL GATES EVIL TWIN AND I CLAIM MY FIVE POUNDS

To be fair, the USA leads the way here with its open door policy towards the Mexicans and Latin America.

Oh wait, no, that's wrong....