House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DerekD

House Prices Flat Up Here

we're looking to sell at the moment in Macclesfield. house is on at 2k more than next door was sold for over 2 years ago (identical house). not much interest so far.

ive had a look on sold prices in my area and the results are the same. here are the 1st two examples i looked at this morning:

3 Barton Street,

Macclesfield,

Cheshire,

SK11 6RX £71,000

Terraced

Leasehold

Not New Build 20-Oct-2004

3 Barton Street,

Macclesfield,

Cheshire,

SK11 6RX £75,000

Terraced

Leasehold

Not New Build 19-Jun-2006

152 Black Road,

Macclesfield,

Cheshire,

SK11 7LE £217,500

Semi-Detached

Freehold

Not New Build 26-Nov-2004

152 Black Road,

Macclesfield,

Cheshire,

SK11 7LE £223,000

Semi-Detached

Freehold

Not New Build 15-Dec-2006

i know its just 1 area, but i assume most of 'The North' is a very similar picture? Daft increases between 2000 & 2004 then more or less soft landing since then.

if you just read the papers you'd believe otherwise.

we're looking to sell at the moment in Macclesfield. house is on at 2k more than next door was sold for over 2 years ago (identical house). not much interest so far.

ive had a look on sold prices in my area and the results are the same. here are the 1st two examples i looked at this morning:

3 Barton Street,

Macclesfield,

Cheshire,

SK11 6RX £71,000

Terraced

Leasehold

Not New Build 20-Oct-2004

3 Barton Street,

Macclesfield,

Cheshire,

SK11 6RX £75,000

Terraced

Leasehold

Not New Build 19-Jun-2006

152 Black Road,

Macclesfield,

Cheshire,

SK11 7LE £217,500

Semi-Detached

Freehold

Not New Build 26-Nov-2004

152 Black Road,

Macclesfield,

Cheshire,

SK11 7LE £223,000

Semi-Detached

Freehold

Not New Build 15-Dec-2006

i know its just 1 area, but i assume most of 'The North' is a very similar picture? Daft increases between 2000 & 2004 then more or less soft landing since then.

if you just read the papers you'd believe otherwise.

I can assure you the North West has done far better since the 2004 inflation adjusted provincial peak than other parts of the provinces.The fact you can only achieve the same price as two years ago shows what a nonsense the indicies are.The East has faired worse to downright awful (Nottingham).The only place I know that has held up reasonably well in Derbyshire is Buxton because it comes into the orbit of the North west ...rail link to Manchester or Cat and Fiddle road link to Macclesfield. ;)

Edited by crashmonitor

I think it's a familiar scenario. London and the immediate surrounds have been booming ever since Merv's mental 'greenspan pu't back in 05.

Many of the provinces, NI aside, have been flat in spite of the renewed credit expanision and many posters here point to falls. We look at the London/Herts area and various parts of Somerset. The latter does't seem any more expensive than two years ago, there seems to be a little more supply, and things move more slowly.