House Price Crash Forum
Mr. Gruff

Aberdeen, Aspc Stats

2 hours ago, stingray192 said:

I honestly wouldn’t pay £400k for it, one of the worst looking houses I’ve seen

Their best bet would probably be to divide it into 2-3 flats and try to flog them off individually. Either that or one of those dodgy raffles.

It's been on the market for years and nobody who can afford it wants to buy it.

6 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

BUMP The owners of 10 Stoney-Brokehill Grange have reduced the price once again.

Now yours at the low low price of £875,000.

So from a purchase price of £1,415,000 in 2014 to a 'for sale' price of 875k in 2019! 

WOW, that must be a new national record, nearly a 40% fall. 540k wiped off in 5 years, i.e 108k every year. Any calls on what it would finally sell for?

In the mean time I wonder what's going on in the neighbours minds?!

1633293397_OakhillGrange.PNG.45d871a2c2894de0df3eaed550210ad4.PNG

16 hours ago, shortbread said:

So from a purchase price of £1,415,000 in 2014 to a 'for sale' price of 875k in 2019! 

WOW, that must be a new national record, nearly a 40% fall. 540k wiped off in 5 years, i.e 108k every year. Any calls on what it would finally sell for?

In the mean time I wonder what's going on in the neighbours minds?!

1633293397_OakhillGrange.PNG.45d871a2c2894de0df3eaed550210ad4.PNG

It will be a lot more than 40% when it eventually sells, these are amongst the worst designed houses anywhere, the amount of steps you have to your front door alone, let alone going anywhere in the house, bringing Prams  in or simply the weekly shop, everything is a hassle, I honestly think anyone who bought these with a mortgage(likely everyone) would be better handing they keys to the mortgage company.

the neighbours must be thinking we are never getting rid of these

17 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

Their best bet would probably be to divide it into 2-3 flats and try to flog them off individually. Either that or one of those dodgy raffles.

It's been on the market for years and nobody who can afford it wants to buy it.

Don’t think that’s would happen, not enough parking, not the structure and soundproofing Etc Etc in place they would cost hundreds of thousands to convert, , don’t know what the architect was thinking with these

No surprises here

New build houses are always overpriced no matter where they are in the country.

Smart people, like me, buy them second hand.

Anyone who bought a brand new house in 2013/2014 in Aberdeen is looking at a 20%+ loss

3 hours ago, stingray192 said:

It will be a lot more than 40% when it eventually sells, these are amongst the worst designed houses anywhere, the amount of steps you have to your front door alone, let alone going anywhere in the house, bringing Prams  in or simply the weekly shop, everything is a hassle, I honestly think anyone who bought these with a mortgage(likely everyone) would be better handing they keys to the mortgage company.

the neighbours must be thinking we are never getting rid of these

I agree with the other posters that this is an unattractive house inside and out. The internal layout is confusing and awkward and the garden is a joke.  One reason they can't hand the keys back to the mortgage company is that the property was bought by a mortgage company as an 'investment" property! 

It's been a slow crash in Aberdeen but it's a crash all the same. Bob at ASPC has done a sterling job trying to talk up the market over the past few years with his relentless 'signs of recovery' articles.  In reality the year-on-year fall in house prices is accelerating as folks become increasingly aware that Aberdeen's near-total reliance on a single non-sustainable industry wasn't a good long term strategy.

52 minutes ago, Diver Dan said:

Citylets Q3 2019 Report

This came out a few weeks ago but I don't remember anybody posting it yet.

Screenshot_20191110-154455__01__01.thumb.jpg.c62ab2115e818a4fe4ac8d179a8af757.jpg

Rent prices continuing to go down, time on market going up. Any increases from Q2 basically wiped out. Everywhere else in Scotland doing a bit better.

A good friend owns a lot of property in Aberdeen, 7-8 years ago he used to get £750 per month for a fairly basic 2 bed flat, now he gets £500-£550  for the same flats. ,they can sit empty for 5-6 months between tenants, he also owns some luxury apartments and was getting £1400-£1800 for these, they were all let to oil executives and he always had people waiting on them, he is now getting £800-£1000 with long empty periods. 

5 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

Citylets Q3 2019 Report

This came out a few weeks ago but I don't remember anybody posting it yet.

Screenshot_20191110-154455__01__01.thumb.jpg.c62ab2115e818a4fe4ac8d179a8af757.jpg

Rent prices continuing to go down, time on market going up. Any increases from Q2 basically wiped out. Everywhere else in Scotland doing a bit better.

Thank you Diver Dan. 

Falling rents can be a good thing for Aberdeen, the city becoming cheaper/affordable will hopefully attract more people. New business ventures and start ups need fresh talent. Aberdeen needs to think about life beyond oil, like 10-15 years ago! Better late than never. 

It might sound challenging for landlords who purchased at peak prices and are struggling with mortgage repayments. Time to make tough decisions but they'll surely survive. 

Edited by shortbread