House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
time

Put Up And Shut Up

I am going to upset some people on here, but what the hell.

Can we all stop pretending we live in a free and fair democracy, we dont. Things are not going to get better, just because Labour, Tory, Lib Dems or BNP are in power.

This country is a free for all. Let me repeat that, THIS COUNTRY IS A FREE FOR ALL.

Immigrants, Billionaires, Chavs, BTLers, are doing what they want to who they want and they are rewarded for it, by the Government chucking yet another billion there way int he form of more free NHS for middle class women, who want to work until they are 45 and then have children. You have scroungers of all colours and flavours with their hands out pleading poverty, while boozing on their doorsteps to all our of the morning, smoking and taking drugs (DISGUSTING).

No one is playing by the rules anymore and it is getting further and further out of control, its a free for all. Take what can, get what you want and screw the country. no one cares and who can blame them.

The UK is like a teenager, (Me, Me, Me) all day long. Even the Royals are at it. Prince Charles in bending over backwards for us all to love Camilla and embrace her as the next Queen of England. What the hell has she done to deserve the most honour position in the country and as for Charles he is only in the running because of an accident at birth meaning he was the oldest child of a serving Monarch. Strangley enough we all believe he has a divine right to be a lifelong head of state of 1/5 of the world, just because his Mother, who is a real Queen. Long may she live, if not to just keep Camillas hand off the throne.

So we are where we are, the gloves are off and we are takingt what we want. If you havent twigged on yet that this is the only way you will survive modern Britain, you need re-education quick.

House price greed is only one of many symptons of this free for all and the only cure is a bit of poverty in the form of high interest rates. Grab what you can now while you can.

Edited by time

Labour have continued the path of Thatcherism in destroying the bonds that tie us.

They say, "oh we believe in community etc etc etc" but what they actually do is another matter.

"There is no such thing as society." Well there was but it's now getting harder to find.

Rant over. Or am I just getting older?

Edited by Starcrossed

No one is playing by the rules anymore ........

Very true and it seems to be what the authorities want. We are treated like errant children to be regularly watched and punished. We have to get permission for anything we do. If we fall off a step ladder, we are guilty of a safety crime. If we say what we think, we are guilty of a thought crime. If we put our bins out at the wrong time, we punished. If we over stay a car park by 60 seconds, we are punished.

It is a sad state of affairs.

Very true and it seems to be what the authorities want. We are treated like errant children to be regularly watched and punished. We have to get permission for anything we do. If we fall off a step ladder, we are guilty of a safety crime. If we say what we think, we are guilty of a thought crime. If we put our bins out at the wrong time, we punished. If we over stay a car park by 60 seconds, we are punished.

It is a sad state of affairs.

It certainly is a sad state of affairs, I am sick of it. I am clearing off to Thailand in 6 weeks for 9 months. I love this country, but I cant stand the way it is at the moment, its making me angry. Civil liberties that took years to obtain are being eroded everyday.

The government are jumping on every bandwgon possibly, terrorism and the environment, its just an excuse to put up taxes and shut up us all up when we complain as well can be identified clearly now. Either by CCTV or by ID cards.

nah, I disagree with the OP. Its fascinating how we have different perceptions of the world around us. My daily experience is actually, on the whole, very positive. I dont get ehy some people see so full of pessimistic woe and others can be happy and positive.

Yes, we dont live in a Eutopian society - Welcome to Reality - sheltered upbringing?! Is there plenty to be positive about? Of course there is, if you chose not to see it then so be it.

A classic illustration is the regular job update posts. We often get people here posting "3000 jobs lost" etc. Oh isnt it gloomy. And then I go to google and tap in "New jobs" or "jobs created" and oh look there are just as many positive stories. But if you only ever want to see one side of the story then no wonder you are miserable. Not much I can do to help.

Perhaps you should try to work out how people living in desperate circumstances, with no home, no education, no stability etc still manage to be optimistic. Why not be greatful for the things you do have rather than the things you dont.

God it must be really hard going through life with that outlook, id really try to do something about it. Up to you, im happy either way ;)!

This is just the kind of post that pisses me off and exactly what I am talking about. Everyone thinks they are funny, when they are not. A lot of people on here make remarks like this thinking everyone is having a little giggle at their witty remarks. Let me break it to you gently, you look like a dick.

In fact, when you see a bunch of black guys bobbing their heads side to side in a black BMW with the music blareing out for half the world to hear and you look at them and think dickheads. Thats how I look at people making smartalec remarks.

You think your funny, your deluded.

What about white guys in a white BMW??

p.s. What colour BM have you got? ;)

This country is a free for all. Let me repeat that, THIS COUNTRY IS A FREE FOR ALL.

It was meaningless the first time around; so why the hell did you repeat it, in 'shout' mode? Second time around, it's meaningless BIG!

p

People think society cares, it doesn't. You're on your own, nobody is going to help you, people mistakenly believe the government or 'the council' has some sort of obligation to take care of them, people expect too much, in reality you are entitled to nothing unless you work for it, even that is no guarantee of success as the fruits of productive labour are leached upon by the "entitlement" brigade.

We have a welfare state of counter-incentives, no wonder wider society now reflects these warped priorities.

Immigrants, Billionaires, Chavs, BTLers, are doing what they want to who they want and they are rewarded for it, by the Government chucking yet another billion there way int he form of more free NHS for middle class women, who want to work until they are 45 and then have children. You have scroungers of all colours and flavours with their hands out pleading poverty, while boozing on their doorsteps to all our of the morning, smoking and taking drugs

They are all entrpreneurs of the new era. What's wrong with that.

They are all entrpreneurs of the new era. What's wrong with that.

Quite, they are simply people responding to rational market incentives. If it pays to be a chav then millions will thus become chavs.

nah, I disagree with the OP. Its fascinating how we have different perceptions of the world around us. My daily experience is actually, on the whole, very positive. I dont get ehy some people see so full of pessimistic woe and others can be happy and positive.

Yes, we dont live in a Eutopian society - Welcome to Reality - sheltered upbringing?! Is there plenty to be positive about? Of course there is, if you chose not to see it then so be it.

A classic illustration is the regular job update posts. We often get people here posting "3000 jobs lost" etc. Oh isnt it gloomy. And then I go to google and tap in "New jobs" or "jobs created" and oh look there are just as many positive stories. But if you only ever want to see one side of the story then no wonder you are miserable. Not much I can do to help.

Perhaps you should try to work out how people living in desperate circumstances, with no home, no education, no stability etc still manage to be optimistic. Why not be greatful for the things you do have rather than the things you dont.

God it must be really hard going through life with that outlook, id really try to do something about it. Up to you, im happy either way ;)!

Jobs being lost = manufacturing and science

Jobs being created = call centres, shops and government funded 'make busy jobs'

Do we all sincerely believe that our lives are all about our position or standing in a market?

Is The Market the new God? Are Market Forces the latest religion?

I'm inclined to think that there is far more to life than market forces.

I am also inclined to think that there will be a rememberence of this in the not too distant future when the extreme side of capitalism is seen for what it can be.

Do we all sincerely believe that our lives are all about our position or standing in a market?

I dunno, is your girlfriend fitter than mine? :P

It's as if life revolves around love and money and the status it confers.

What about white guys in a white BMW??

p.s. What colour BM have you got? ;)

White guys in green BMWs. Purple Girls in Orange Cars.

It was meaningless the first time around; so why the hell did you repeat it, in 'shout' mode? Second time around, it's meaningless BIG!

p

Whatever !

I am going to upset some people on here, but what the hell.

<snip>

Still not got over that 1K bet that rates would be held? Get over it! ;)

Still not got over that 1K bet that rates would be held? Get over it! ;)

I am well over it. The points I made at the start of the post are nothing to do with my stupidity at wasting my own money on betfair. If you cant afford to bet dont do it. I can afford it, but wont be doing again as this regime has idea what it is doing.

People think society cares, it doesn't. You're on your own, nobody is going to help you, people mistakenly believe the government or 'the council' has some sort of obligation to take care of them, people expect too much, in reality you are entitled to nothing unless you work for it, even that is no guarantee of success as the fruits of productive labour are leached upon by the "entitlement" brigade.

We have a welfare state of counter-incentives, no wonder wider society now reflects these warped priorities.

spot on.

This country IS out of whack.

it's either got a dose of adolescence about it or teminal cancer.

the whole welfare state is OBESE.

we get constant warnings about how being overweight is bad for you and will shorten your lifespan....the country as a whole is no different.

..the problem is the obesity is in two areas.

tax shirkers and work shirkers....the middle class is about the only fit part of the UK's anatomy.

...as any narcissistic body-builder will testify.....it doesn't look right if you have pec's to die for,but still have a beergut.

Is The Market the new God? Are Market Forces the latest religion?

I'm inclined to think that there is far more to life than market forces.

I am also inclined to think that there will be a rememberence of this in the not too distant future when the extreme side of capitalism is seen for what it can be.

There is more to life than market forces. It may be time we all start living what little time we have left.

BLTers....Those b***ard sandwiches...we'll set them straight...wahey Happy Friday!!
This is just the kind of post that pisses me off and exactly what I am talking about. Everyone thinks they are funny, when they are not.....

You think your funny, your deluded.

The comment about the sandwich eaters briefly made be laugh. But then I am easily amused. A little humour helps to get me through the day. :lol:

Time, you sound majorly stressed out.

Stop carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders and look for what's good in your own life.

I hope the 9 months abroad bring you solace.

Perhaps when you come back the market reasons for you joining this site might be coming into effect ;)