House Price Crash Forum

Haart Shows Massive Increase In Sellers!

Ok I can take no credit for finding this (Hawkeye was the genius) but personally I think this is really important especially as all the bulls jumped on this one a few days ago to try to 'prove' their case.

Haart's reported 12x increase in registrants may actually be sellers! In2Perspective reports Haart as registering a 12x increase in sellers, and suggests a january 'sale' is on the way! As I recall the last big 'sale' was in the early 90s!

In2P article "January sales for housing market?"

Still smirking TTRTR? Better off-load those BTLs before the 'sale' really gets uder way!

All credit to Hawkeye for pointing this out, and if this link has already been posted and I missed it my apologies, but let's face it it's worth posting again!

The increase in applicant levels follows a drop of 92% from last year's peak in July.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

"First-time buyer levels fell to 18% during 2004 but this year levels are set to rise to 25% of the market

And you are getting this 25% figure from where Russell? Out of your ar5e, perhaps? And it's no good FTB % increasing to 25% of a massively reduced number of overall buyers! :lol::lol:

“In effect, the housing market is having a January sale, and buyers should strike now to get the best bargains."

Sounds like Dogbreath :lol:

"First-time buyer levels fell to 18% during 2004 but this year levels are set to rise to 25% of the market.

Won the lottery maybe, woke up in the new year and found 40K deposits stuffed under the mattress .. I think not!

Phew, that was close, and to think I nearly ran out and bought a shoebox for 8X my earnings on TTRTR's and Dogbox's advise. :blink:

It was SO obvious Haarts figures were just spin and it's taken 1 day for someone to proove it.

Looks like the bulls have it wrong again. Still waiting for the spring bounce guys? Oh dear!

Sounds like Dogbreath  :lol:

Won the lottery maybe, woke up in the new year and found 40K deposits stuffed under the mattress .. I think not!

Btw the original story posted from the findaproperty website has disapeared it's now turned into a story about the locals only thing in the Dales.

I sent an email yesterday to findaproperty complaining about the crapiness of the article, but it didn't even cross my mind that the whole thing was **** about face.

So we have a twelve fold increase in sellers looking for a spring bounce - I wish them luck.

japhy

Haart's reported 12x increase in registrants may actually be sellers! ]

Wet'n'willing - me thinks you be Straw grasping.

I wondering how many of those new sellers have to sell because they got a little to carried away with MEW'ing. Or how many are BTL, I know that almost all the new properties on the market near me are 1 bedroom flats, which is bizarre because my local area is a family magnet, there really is no market for flats.

This could be the significant push over the edge. Some of them will have to sell and they will have to drop the price.

Whilst talking to my neighbour (still trying to sell after 8 months) she admitted she knew the asking price was too high and stated but thats what everyone else is selling for.

At which point I gave up. No one is selling for that price. They are all just sitting on the market. They have lost count of the viewings they have had. Only 2 offers. Both of which couldn't get the mortgage to pay for it.

DB

Straw grasping??!! :lol: Oh come on that has got to be the worst reply to a post EVER! In the face of huge amounts of bearish reports, a glimmer of a bull report appears that actually contains figures! All the bulls jump on it. AND then when it turns out the figures were probably @rse about tit, you call US straw graspers. :D

Btw the original story posted from the findaproperty website has disapeared it's now turned into a story about the locals only thing in the Dales.

It even seems the bull VI's have withdrawn the original version in shame!!!

Seriously bad post DB, but oh so funny! :lol::lol::lol:

Wet'n'willing - me thinks you be Straw grasping.

"The latest data from haart shows a dramatic rise in the number of people selling their homes across the country. In the first two weeks of 2005, applicant levels at haart's branches surged by over twelve times to the highest level since July 2004."

January sales for housing market? In2Perspective, 19th Jan 2005, a Wednesday

The intro puts it in the right context - something findaproperty failed to do. A massive increase in sellers as was the explanation that most people came up with yesterday to explain this. There are a lot of sensible people using this site.

The EAs will be queuing up at the Job Centre in May when the spring doesn't bounce

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

LUV IT! Obvious from the start but cheers anyway willing/Hawkeye for proving it! Now this article really should be in the blog!!!!!!!!

I think we were all fooled by the slightly misleading headline from Findaproperty:

"Agent Reports Surge In New Buyers

Find a Property - Jan 19, 2005

... Commenting on the figures Russell Jervis, managing director of haart estate agents' said: "Successive price falls during the second half of last year mean that ... "

Surely there's a press complaint in this. There's no way you can describe it as spin, it's blatantly false, and deliberately so.

Japhy

“The last interest rate rise in August was a step too far for the housing market as prices were already falling - it only served to create anxiety and panic in the market which dramatically curbed activity".

They're obviously mistaken, interest rates are low so how could it cause anyone any trouble?

:lol:

Findaproperty have actually removed the story. This page is the complete list of all their stories and if you look closely - IT'S GONE!

http://www.findaproperty.co.uk/storylist0006.html

I love google

http://news.google.com/news?q=%22Successiv...lr=&sa=N&tab=wn

Title is the old one but the story has changed.

Japhy

Yeah I've just been trying to find a cached version of the story on google and can't sadly.

Looks a bit fishy to me (not google but findaproperty), it appears they might have realised they were in for a enquiry if they continued to publish it. At the best they made a mistake, at the worst it was deliberate deception.

The thing about this is it makes them either incompetent or corrupt. So the question that has to be asked of the btl bulls is: Given this evidence, why would you want to use them as a sound basis for your business decisions??

What a suprise! the bulls have gone oh, so quiet on this particular story now!

TTRTR: Where's your quick smug rebuff?

BBB: Where's the smug reply?

All the bull camp could muster was dogbox.

Come to think of it, they've been very quiet for a few months now.

The sound of whistleing wind and rasping tumbleweeds are all you can hear from the bull encampment these days.

Gone are the ledgendary days of the uberbull.

Gone are the days when giants, such as Minted etc., walked in your camp.

Gone are the massive capital gains.

Gone are the attractive returns.

And gone, so to, will all bulls be soon.

I'm really going to miss them, an era over :(