House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrashedOutAndBurned

What's A House Worth...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

The number of innocent children placed on the Government's vast DNA database for life has quadrupled in the past year to more than 100,000, it has emerged. The astonishing increase, which follows a controversial change to the law, was described by opposition MPs as an "extremely sinister development". It will fuel concerns that police are targeting for arrest youngsters who have done nothing wrong, simply to get their hands on their DNA.

New Labour are totalitarian scum. What sort of sickos come up with these insidious laws? Do you personally know anyone as sick as New Labour politicos? Unless you work in a maximum security mental hospital, probably not.

in case you hadn't already guessed - they are building a police state using the neverending, no real enemy, 'war on terror' as an excuse

scare the public and you'll get little resistance...

Good. Anything we can do to catch more criminals is fine by me. Where do I sign up to hand over my DNA so I can be eliminated from police enquiries without them having to waste their time on me?

Labour have and always will be scum. They lie. They are incompetent. Their aim is to reduce everyone to the same level at which no one has any ambition or desire to better themselves. Where everyone is happy in debt, living in a small apartment and with an average job unless they are one of the elite. Where people have no propsects and no hope and acceot that is their lot.

I suspect that if they are not voted out at the next election this will become a police state in which it will become virtually impossible to remove the government.

Good. Anything we can do to catch more criminals is fine by me. Where do I sign up to hand over my DNA so I can be eliminated from police enquiries without them having to waste their time on me?

JDC, before you go running to you local cop shop to hand over your spittle, it is worth knowing that a new policy was brought in by the police (Home Office?) that when a DNA search is performed they no longer search for an exact match, it is widend to include similiar matches for potential family member interrogation. So if your cousin commits a crime and leaves his DNA, it's your collar that could be felt.

i saw 'children of men' film on dvd for the first time the other day - showed a police state in the uk in 2027 - it was like looking into the future

....btw loved the effects - very real looking - esp the bit in the people carrier...

Edited by dnd

JDC, before you go running to you local cop shop to hand over your spittle, it is worth knowing that a new policy was brought in by the police (Home Office?) that when a DNA search is performed they no longer search for an exact match, it is widend to include similiar matches for potential family member interrogation. So if your cousin commits a crime and leaves his DNA, it's your collar that could be felt.

Criminal tendencies tend to run in families so it's all good.

Quite, there has never been a single miscarriage of justice in the UK and the Forensic Science Service never makes mistakes. You either have got nothing to hide or you're a criminal.

Fine by me - they can check for a closer match with us individually if they find something. DNA will always give you a number of false positives anyway, any given DNA sample might match half a dozen people in the UK, so you need to use it together with some other evidence - but using it before you interrogate means, say, for a burglary, that you might catch the culprit red-handed with the stuff in their flat. The traditional way, they'll know you're onto them and offload it way too fast.

A national DNA database would eliminate rape by strangers overnight. Price worth paying, for that alone.

Quite, there has never been a single miscarriage of justice in the UK and the Forensic Science Service never makes mistakes.

Huh? That's a link to a report about 85 criminals (include a paedophile in case the tabloids were losing interest) who got away with it because the Forensic Science Service didn't add their DNA to the database when it could have. Backs up my point.

Miscarriages of justice? Sure, plenty. How have some of the older ones been exposed? Decent DNA evidence.

Huh? That's a link to a report about 85 criminals (include a paedophile in case the tabloids were losing interest) who got away with it because the Forensic Science Service didn't add their DNA to the database when it could have. Backs up my point.

Miscarriages of justice? Sure, plenty. How have some of the older ones been exposed? Decent DNA evidence.

If I haven't done anything wrong I don't expect to be treated like a criminal, a few centuries worth of habeas corpus should confirm that.

http://www.unesco.org/courier/1999_03/uk/ethique/txt1.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/259222.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_bioweapon

I don't want some bunch of known war criminals having carte blanche to research the nation's DNA at will. Why not microtag everyone? Why not put tiny cameras in every room of the house, bugs, wiretaps? If you've nothing to hide...

Ultimately, people are either free to live their lives without constant scrutiny by the State or they're lab rats to be shunted around at the whim of elites.

If I haven't done anything wrong I don't expect to be treated like a criminal, a few centuries worth of habeas corpus should confirm that.

The more information the police have at their disposal without having to pester you, the less likely innocent people are to be 'treated like a criminal', because the faster they will be able to focus in on the guilty ones.

Storing a sample of your DNA is completely different from imprisoning you without trial, in my opinion.

DNA records might work if:

The police wasnt corrupt

The government wasnt corrupt

With your DNA record, anyone who has access to it can not only find out if you were involved in a crime, they can see if you are likely to get cancer and when. If you have a family history of violent behaviour. If you are likely to lose your hair. The potential for abuse of this information by such organisations as insurance companies and other corporations is staggering. Once the DNA is on file ITS TOO LATE. One law passed allowing that information to be passed onto other companies and we are all screwed. Game over.

Of course as courts take DNA evidence as gospel (or seem to), whats to stop a clever person stealing YOUR DNA and leaving at the scene of a crime.

Its foolproof, so you go straight to jail. GAME OVER.

Edited by King Stromba

That is somewhat extravagant. What the police do is seek matches against connected samples - they don't come and demand you be locked up for a crime that a family member may have committed. For example we saw a case in the local press where a drunk driver was arrested, a dna sample was taken and it was a close match to the perpetrator of a violent sexual assault. The driver's brother was subsequently prosecuted because he was linked to the crime (even though the initial investigation years ago had disregarded him) and sent to prison.

I am still laughing to myself from the 6pm news, where the Government says there is going to be a 6 month consultation period, for allowing the build of new nuclear reactors.

This is of course to reduce climate change from carbon emmissions.

Translation

6 month consultation period = We do begger all for 6 months, we pretend to listen, but we dont. We pretend we care about your views, but we dont really. For the next 6 months we have time to hand out contracts and cream so cash off the billions of pounds being invested. Cheers.

reduce climate change from carbon emmissions. = We didnt want to buy Gas from the Ruskies anyway. Buid what you want when the terrorist fly a plane into it, we can bring in a whole new police state terror laws.

You either have got nothing to hide or you're a criminal.

I disagree with the oft-quoted remark that only people who have something to hide would refuse to give a DNA sample.

Many people who are ignorant of the DNA profiling process would be reluctant to voluntarily give a dna sample because they wronlgy believe that a whole series of tests are carried out on the dan sample.

There are regularly media articles about the 'gay gene', the 'cancer gene', the 'criminal gene' the 'obesity' gene etc., all sorts of things. Peope might believe that government scientists will find out details about them that they didn't know themselves - this ignorance leads to a lack of trust, and a general reluctance to get involved with things they don't understand. They are not criminals; just untrusting.

New Labour are totalitarian scum. What sort of sickos come up with these insidious laws? Do you personally know anyone as sick as New Labour politicos? Unless you work in a maximum security mental hospital, probably not.

It was a Conservative Government that created the National DNA Database. It has been up an running since 1994. Admittedly it was a Labour government that loosened the criteria for whose DNA can be taken, importantly, it allowed people not even convicted of a crime to have their DNA forcibly taken and kept on the database.

But considering that the right to remain silent and a trial by jury have also gone, this is harldly suprising.

I didn't vote for them so don't blame me.

I'm probably going to get blasted for my opinion but how "innocent" are these kids?, and how innocent are their siblings and parents? The kids may be classed "innocent" now just because they are too young to have sex per say, but are probably quite capable of smashing my car window in tescos car park and riding off with my laptop on my stolen mountain bike to give to their scum parents to sell down the pub to their scum mates.

Sounds harsh, but i live in a nice town, but it has bad areas and all the trouble and theiving etc pretty much comes from their. So if their kids are picked up for petty crime and DNA tagged good.

That way when they grow up and rob my now 10 month old , but grown up then, daughters flat they can be caught by any DNA they leave. I dont mug and steal to get things, I work hard and save.

My point is those who reward their kids for anti sociable behaviour and see the police as the enemy and bring their kids up that way, they should all be bloody DNA tagged as they cause 90% of the crime!

I grew up working class on a council estate without much but did ok at school, had parents that respected the law, installed that in me, when I got pulled over for speeding late at night as a teeneager in my XR2 i was respectfull to the copper that gave me a producer. Ok I have shoplifted the odd sweets as a kid (who didn't at least once) and once out ran a 1.3 police astra im my XR2 back then and never got caught for it and had a few fights as an adult but I have got to 38 and have never been arrested.

If my daughter was disrespectful to others or the police when she gets older she will get a clip around the bloody ear from me.

But the kids who dads and grandads see crime as a life style and are known to the Police, (And come on the police in most towns areas know who the bad familys are) why not DNA tag them on their first petty offence, even if it is a dubious arrest that a middle class kid might get a warning for.

At least then when they do grow up and turn into the next generation of muggers and theives or worse they can be banged up asap.

And while i'm here, I hardly ever use cash, as 99% of stuff I can buy on debit card or credit card and even the 35p newspaper I do buy cash could be on debit card if i wanted. So why are we not already a cashless society where all our purchases can be traced and logged should the government wish to look at us. At least that way Scum A cant sell my stolen goods to Scum B in the pub to then buy drugs off Scum C without a long electronic trail that the police can follow and nick all the bastards.

Rant over. I just want my 70's childhood again for my baby daughter where you could walk to school. play in the woods all day safely, be fearful of a copper telling you not to ride on the pavement, get a spanking for being rude to adults or being bad at school. And it also seemed then the criminals where all known in each town, the cities gangsters where known. Crime often led to the usual suspects doors being kicked down at 3am and the culprits found and arrested and properety returned.

I can dream.

M

Quite, there has never been a single miscarriage of justice in the UK and the Forensic Science Service never makes You either have got nothing to hide or you're a criminal.

I seem to remember a woman called Sally Clarke or something similar who had 3 babies die from NATURAL CAUSES, the police, hospitals etc didnt believe her. An expert witness - a professor, said that there was a 1 in 80 million chance that she didnt do it and that the EVIDENCE point towards her murdering them.

Thats seems like pretty strong evidence to me too. Except she was innocent and subsequently released because the proven facts in the cases were incorrect and found to flawed by the Court of Appeal.

She is now free, but the question remains in mind mind, what if you were convicted of a crime, even though you did not do it. But a DNA witness says the chances of you being innocent were 1 in 80 million +

Lets take it a step further, what if this "Police State", turn around and said we are so sure you did it, we are going to execute you "Humanely" of course.

What then ???

This is why people are suspicious, even in law we still use the words " Beyond Reasonable Doubt", because doubt is always there.

Do you still say nothing to hide or criminal ?

If my daughter was disrespectful to others or the police when she gets older she will get a clip around the bloody ear from me.

Sorry, but a clip around the ear isnt good enough, we have take her to the police station, photograph her, fingerprint her, dna sampe her and finally criminalise her so she can never get a decent job. Her offspring will just be picked up as the scum you described and tagged and fingerprinted and dna sampled and the police will keep an ever watchful eye on all that scum (your words not mine) too.

You cant have one for them and another for you.

DNA records might work if:

The police wasnt corrupt

The government wasnt corrupt

With your DNA record, anyone who has access to it can not only find out if you were involved in a crime, they can see if you are likely to get cancer and when. If you have a family history of violent behaviour. If you are likely to lose your hair. The potential for abuse of this information by such organisations as insurance companies and other corporations is staggering. Once the DNA is on file ITS TOO LATE. One law passed allowing that information to be passed onto other companies and we are all screwed. Game over.

Of course as courts take DNA evidence as gospel (or seem to), whats to stop a clever person stealing YOUR DNA and leaving at the scene of a crime.

Its foolproof, so you go straight to jail. GAME OVER.

Utter, utter rubbish. Scientifically, that's all boll0cks; Apart from the bit about clever people stealing dna and leaving it at a crime scene, that's been going on for years. But they're not so clever actually, just your average criminal.

I wish I worked for a Biotech company that would be able to determine if, and when someone would get cancer or if they had a family history of violent behaviour just by looking at a dna profile. That would be great.

It would be a very successful company.

Sorry to sound so negative, but it simply isn't true that you can find out everything about a person from their dna profile - in fact the dna profiling process, as used in forensics, specifically targets regions of dna that don't do anything.

I seem to remember a woman called Sally Clarke or something similar who had 3 babies die from NATURAL CAUSES, the police, hospitals etc didnt believe her. An expert witness - a professor, said that there was a 1 in 80 million chance that she didnt do it and that the EVIDENCE point towards her murdering them.

He was sort of right, but he had his maths back to front.

If there is only a 1 in 80 million chance of it happening by coincidence, then in any given year it will probably happen once, in the UK. You have to define the event before you work out the probability, and that hadn't been done. Imagine if all the adults in England toss a coin, and I accuse them of using a double-headed coin. One of them, statistically, will throw heads twenty-five times in a row. The odds are 33 million to one against - they must be using a double-headed coin!

If I accuse the person before I toss the coin and it happens, I'm probably right. If I accuse everyone, the probability doesn't prove anything one way or another. DNA can be similar and will quite often get you a few suspects - the right one, and a couple of wrong ones. Then you have to do the real police work.

Sorry, but a clip around the ear isnt good enough, we have take her to the police station, photograph her, fingerprint her, dna sampe her and finally criminalise her so she can never get a decent job. Her offspring will just be picked up as the scum you described and tagged and fingerprinted and dna sampled and the police will keep an ever watchful eye on all that scum (your words not mine) too.

You cant have one for them and another for you.

If she got arrested for it as a child when I was not about to correct her then fair enough I say, but as I will bring her up to respect others and the law she hopefully wont have that attitude. I she choses to do that as an adult then she deserves to be tagged if she gets arrested, As do I now If i get arrested.

As for criminals never getting decent jobs, LOL. I have had maybe 20 job interviews in my adult life, but only changed jobs about 6 times. I HAVE NEVER EVER EVEN BEEN ASKED IF I HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD, let alone been checked for one. I think that problem is the preserve of those who spent teenage years in youth detention or a while in jail who cant explain no ex-employer references. I have mates who have been arrested and charged and convicted for GBH for fights that have got out of control when we where young who are now £70k p/a IBM Consultants and BONY financial guys. This criminal record lark held them back. Not!

Dont sensationalise a police state crap, the scum will always be the scum until the chose to change, they have had the past with little means to trace / follow their lives and have still not changed with the opertunity to work harder to drag themselves up to be respectful working class without being put on by the police.