House Price Crash Forum
time

Council Tax To Triple.

Council tax in England & Wales is set tripple and 5 fold in Scotland in the next 5 years according to the office of the deputy prime minister.

Average prices for a band d property in 2012 =£4200 a year in England & Wales.

Average prices for a band d property in 2012 = £7100 a year in Scotland

The books are not balancing, surprise surprise. The education system in the UK is at critical mass, not because of any significant amount of extra children, but due to the number of children from Eastern Europe and Africa, that has essentially tied up teachers and their assistants while the rest of class goes begging.

The fire service are being given extra money, so they can perform first aid and fend off violent youths that throw debris at them while they are attempting to bring fires under control.

Our recycling rubbish leves are on a parr with Portugal and Poland and well below European levels.

These extras and exisitng services are not getting the amount of cash required to keep them operating according to a lecture at the University of Lancaster yesterday. Representives from 28 local authroities including the polices forces, fire and rescue, coastguards and NASUWT, NUT and reps from Tax advisors and accountancy services.

Look at what you are paying now and tripple it and they will still be asking for more cash from you.

You and me, are apparantly not paying their way. Locxal councils are being given almost impossible jobs that were previously dealt with my westminster, but in order for Brown to say he is cutting income tax by a 1p in the £1, then the money has to be raised elsewhere.

So when Gordon Brown, comes on the TV, grinning to himself like a cheshire cat, boasting about how low taxes are, remeber this post.

Council tax in England & Wales is set tripple and 5 fold in Scotland in the next 5 years according to the office of the deputy prime minister.

The books are not balancing, surprise surprise. The education system in the UK is at critical mass, not because of any significant amount of extra children, but due to the number of children from Eastern Europe and Africa, that has essentially tied up teachers and their assistants while the rest of class goes begging.

The fire service are being given extra money, so they can perform first aid and fend off violent youths that throw debris at them while they are attempting to bring fires under control.

Our recycling rubbish leves are on a parr with Portugal and Poland and well below European levels.

These extras and exisitng services are not getting the amount of cash required to keep them operating according to a lecture at the University of Lancaster yesterday. Representives from 28 local authroities including the polices forces, fire and rescue, coastguards and NASUWT, NUT and reps from Tax advisors and accountancy services.

Look at what you are paying now and tripple it and they will still be asking for more cash from you.

You and me, are apparantly not paying their way. Locxal councils are being given almost impossible jobs that were previously dealt with my westminster, but in order for Brown to say he is cutting income tax by a 1p in the £1, then the money has to be raised elsewhere.

So when Gordon Brown, comes on the TV, grinning to himself like a cheshire cat, boasting about how low taxes are, remeber this post.

.....they probably need to triple to pay for the inflation proof pensions and high salaries now prevalent in the public sector......? The multiplier effect of this ballooning liability is astronomical....Mr Brown is Jack..I'm alright.....

Source please.

Scotland's council tax looks set to be replaced with a local income tax of 3%. Roll on the £236,666.67 average salary that would be required for council tax to be at 3%. And they say that Scotland couldn't survive as an independent nation... :lol:

do you have a link? - it would seem politically suicidal! I thought the current spin was that they are capped @ 5%

Edited by Flick

hmm, no link

this could be yet another indicator that they intend to continue to inflate money supply to stave off recession

the only way people can pay for this is if they have relative wage rises over that period...

<spelling snob on>

ps - it's spelt 'triple' - i take it that word wasn't from the 'article'

<spelling snob off>

Edited by dnd

_41546570_trafalgar_203.jpg

Unfortunatly there is no link because it was an lecture held at the University of Lancaster yesterday. No doubt a link will be posted soon, in the meantime I bet they want to keep this quite.

do you have a link? - it would seem politically suicidal! I thought the current spin was that they are capped @ 5%

Some say the Iraq war is political suicde, but we are where we are. Police State.

Remember the one fact noone can escape. If you do not pay your council tax, you go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200 pounds. :lol: .

That's nice but ODPM doesn't exist anymore.. how old was data?

Most of ODPM became Communities and Local Government back in the middle of last year.

Edited by b0rk

Did you see the thing about naples running out of landfill space?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6684635.stm

Council tax is going to keep going up because they are too frightened of putting taxes up enough to cover what they need.

They can exempt certain groups with giving them the cash back in form of tax credit to the OAPs.

The country will hit crisis with the increased population needing care homes - and as the current carers need care themselves etc

The assylum children coming to the country all are being fostered out.

Future proof yourself and foster them. Its something mad like £600 a week for each one.

The sea birds stopping having babies though - do they know its a bigger crash coming than the housing market falling off a cliff?

hmm, no link

this could be yet another indicator that they intend to continue to inflate money supply to stave off recession

the only way people can pay for this is if they have relative wage rises over that period...

<spelling snob on>

ps - it's spelt 'triple' - i take it that word wasn't from the 'article'

<spelling snob off>

<tag pedant>

You didn't close your tag properly

</tag pedant>

:rolleyes:

It simply isn't true. It's a bizarre piece of Tory spin that goes like this

* Council tax is based on price bands.

* The bands were done in 1991

* We need to redo the bands as prices have changed

* Since 1991, house prices have tripled

* So when we re-do the bands, tax will triple

If you think about it for a moment, it's nonsense. The council need £x pounds a year. They get £y from the Government, and raise £z (=£x-£y) from Council tax. That's a fairly set figure. The average council tax is £z/number of homes. Some people's will go up and some down if their property value has changed more or less than the average, but that's it.

<tag pedant>

You didn't close your tag properly

</tag pedant>

:rolleyes:

ahh, but it is in fact 2 seperate opening tags ie

<spelling snob on>

</spelling snob on>

<spelling snob off>

</spelling snob off>

...i'm going for a lie down now...

councilc are getting fund however local councils have to pay more for services because the governement has been shifting governement services, like paying local police on to you local councils

Pay structures in local government

Local government services (E&W)

Craft workers

Greater London Provincial Council

Educational advisors (Soulbury Committee)

Fire Service

Police Negotiating Board

Police staff (E&W)

Youth and community workers

Scottish JIC for Local government

Unfortunatly there is no link because it was an lecture held at the University of Lancaster yesterday.

Who 'held' the lecture? Mickey Mouse?

p

This is the biggest pile of horse 5hit. Now when i think of horse 5hit i think of this poster. Facts and figures please over bull and speculation. Totally unfounded.

Your absolutly right. Councils can afford it all the EU and westminster targets and directives. Your council tax will be the same for the next 50 years. Interest rates wont go up either and a house price crash will mean that you can buy a 4 bedroom detached house in Surrey for £50,000. Honest :lol:

Bury your head in the sand "Sortofsilver", bury it deep. Its going to happen. BTW since 2001 -2007 house prices did triple. But I guess you didnt believe that either.

Edited by time

If council tax tripled to the figures shown without significant wage increases there will be a riot on a scale that will make the poll tax riots look like snow white and the seven dwarfs.

No matter what you say about house prices tripling its been over a longer period and does not effect everyone!! this does, young , old, rich , poor.

They cannot lock up everyone and prisons are already overcrowded.

It will never happen, How can a widow on a state pension afford £3000 year tax bill.

Just a reminder

Poll Tax

Your absolutly right. Councils can afford it all the EU and westminster targets and directives. Your council tax will be the same for the next 50 years. Interest rates wont go up either and a house price crash will mean that you can buy a 4 bedroom detached house in Surrey for £50,000. Honest :lol:

Bury your head in the sand "Sortofsilver", bury it deep. Its going to happen. BTW since 2001 -2007 house prices did triple. But I guess you didnt believe that either.

Sarcasm well that really backs up your main post of "council tax to triple". As i said before facts and figures over your rubbish any day of the the week.

If council tax tripled to the figures shown without significant wage increases there will be a riot on a scale that will make the poll tax riots look like snow white and the seven dwarfs.

No matter what you say about house prices tripling its been over a longer period and does not effect everyone!! this does, young , old, rich , poor.

They cannot lock up everyone and prisons are already overcrowded.

It will never happen, How can a widow on a state pension afford £3000 year tax bill.

Just a reminder

Poll Tax

We have a new way of protest these days. We can always setup a forum website call www.counciltaxrise.co.uk and talk about how unfair and difficult it is too pay.

As for wage inflation, it doesnt seem the councils are that bothered today let alone in 5 yrs time. Most councils put up there rates by 3%-5%. Council tax had increased by 84 per cent since 1997. I doubt peoples wages have increased by 87%.

Sarcasm well that really backs up your main post of "council tax to triple". As i said before facts and figures over your rubbish any day of the the week.

It doesnt matter, what can I do about it anyway. If it goes up, it goes up for everyone me included.