House Price Crash Forum
djgilbo

Fao: Ftb's (first Time Buyers)

For those of you who brought your first house last few years are wastin money as a 30% crash is coming our way. my advise for first time buyers is to wait for this crash to come very soon otherwise you will need a 30 year mortgage now to pay your house, if you was to wait for this crash to come soon it will take us 25 years or less to pay for our first home, i then save 5 years or more PAYIN for a mortgage :)

This means that im better of payin rent (for now), if i was to buy my 1st house now i would be deeply in debt and get repossessed like alot of people have been, if i was to buy my house when the crash comes soon i will not be in debt like alot of home owners have been. more and more houses are gettin repossessed each year and its now comin to an end

CRASH IS COMING PEOPLE

For those of you who brought your first house last few years are wastin money as a 30% crash is coming our way. my advise for first time buyers is to wait for this crash to come very soon otherwise you will need a 30 year mortgage now to pay your house, if you was to wait for this crash to come soon it will take us 25 years or less to pay for our first home, i then save 5 years or more PAYIN for a mortgage :)

This means that im better of payin rent (for now), if i was to buy my 1st house now i would be deeply in debt and get repossessed like alot of people have been, if i was to buy my house when the crash comes soon i will not be in debt like alot of home owners have been. more and more houses are gettin repossessed each year and its now comin to an end

CRASH IS COMING PEOPLE

CRASH IS COMING PEOPLE

Does mummy know you're using the computer? <_<

CRASH IS COMING PEOPLE

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but if you want people to take you seriously then can you remember some basic rules of English. Is there a problem with the "G" button on your keyboard not working?

I know I am not perfect either but I would love to know what you do for your job if you can get away with such poor standards of English....

(sorry I really do mean this in the nicest possible way)

Come on guys.

It's not a great post. But lets be nice, especially to new members.

It's getting a bit like a bear-pit in here lately (no pun intended!).

I really am starting to find it quite upsetting at times the way people communicate on here.

Where is the love? :wub:

shame on you guys!! wheres your respect for us FTB'S we work just as hard as you do!!

you all must be on the property ladder not understandin about FTB'S not affordin there first home these days.

shame on you

anyways crash is coming wether you "house buyers" like it or not!! its obviously you dont like what i said which is why you replyed to this topic with your sarcy comments

im gonna walk away laughin...

CRASH IS COMING

CRASH IS COMING PEOPLE

Thats grate my M8, ru soore its comin this year? Ask ur gran.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but if you want people to take you seriously then can you remember some basic rules of English. Is there a problem with the "G" button on your keyboard not working?

I know I am not perfect either but I would love to know what you do for your job if you can get away with such poor standards of English....

(sorry I really do mean this in the nicest possible way)

I'd be careful if I were you, you are showing your age!

You better get used to writing like this because by today's standards that ain't bad, I see a lot worse from the youngsters I work with.

They email in txt language

Thats grate my M8, ru soore its comin this year? Ask ur gran.

accordin to all you "house buyers" its nether gonna crash, well can i just say "what goes up must come down!

unlucky, its now our time to get on the property ladder just when you lot did years ago when it was alot more easier to buy your 1st home, if only you understand first time buyers situation i wouldnt make you all look stupid

you all just prooved yourselfs you aint bothered about FTB'S opinions

Edited by djgilbo

I'd be careful if I were you, you are showing your age!

You better get used to writing like this because by today's standards that ain't bad, I see a lot worse from the youngsters I work with.

They email in txt language

Jeezus. Can they add up?

The country's doomed. Definate HPC. No recovery.

CRASH IS COMING PEOPLE

Thank you for sharing this information with us djgilbo can I ask how you managed to arrive at this conclusion with such unquestionable certainty?

accordin to all you "house buyers" its nether gonna crash, well can i just say "what goes up must come down!

unlucky, its now our time to get on the property ladder just when you lot did years ago when it was alot more easier to buy your 1st home, if only you understand first time buyers situation i wouldnt make you all look stupid

Go on me old son, good on you! Just ignore them 95% of this site aren’t just bothered with FTB’s opinions, just because they have a 3 bed semi, 42” LCD & a couple of BTL, they think they know it all.

I’m with you & it is our duty to prove them wrong. Welcome to HPC

I can understand your frustrations regarding the current housing situation but if you are, as I suspect, in your early twenties then housing shouldn't really be an issue for you. As long as you keep saving for a deposit when housing is affordable again (2010-2012 IMHO) you should be in a very good position and at just about the right age to take advantage of the housing cycle.

It's FTB'ers who would have been in their early to mid-twenties during the late nineties that are now suffering as they are now in their early thirties and seeking some stability in their lives. Many people say they should have brought back then but I think it's cruel to expect someone under 25 to be in a position to take such a financial commitment.

I can understand your frustrations regarding the current housing situation but if you are, as I suspect, in your early twenties then housing shouldn't really be an issue for you. As long as you keep saving for a deposit when housing is affordable again (2010-2012 IMHO) you should be in a very good position and at just about the right age to take advantage of the housing cycle.

It's FTB'ers who would have been in their early to mid-twenties during the late nineties that are now suffering as they are now in their early thirties and seeking some stability in their lives. Many people say they should have brought back then but I think it's cruel to expect someone under 25 to be in a position to take such a financial commitment.

me and my partner have a deposit already, theres no point us gettin on this property ladder untill the crash begins for houses to be affordable like you have stated. You too understand tha fact of the housin market has gone out of control, but if houses become affordable again around 2010 (so you think) then we would wait but thats a very long wait indead. We pay rent already as we have our own house surely theres no point gettin a house this year if we can get it 30% - 50% cheaper by 2010(or sooner). With all this media talkin about a crash than ever it feels its comin very soon. What makes you think it will be 2010 if you dont mind me askin?

Most on here are FTB's, and your obvious anger at the whole situation is understandable.

However, some of your English is not.

keep the faith, and more considered arguments can be found on here that can replace your well meant tirade.

But in all honesty it will eventually come down to the fact that what goes up must come down.

read some threads on here and you will see why this is the case in a far more detailed way.

I bet I have some shoddy english in this that will be pointed out.

:)

What makes you think it will be 2010 if you dont mind me askin?

Just my opinion :rolleyes:

If we start seeing falls at the back end of the year it will take at least another two years for the crash to play out followed by a depressed market for a few more years after that (IMHO).

Instead of just building new homes, the government might like to give thought to helping FTB to get on the ladder. I'm not just talking about accessibility to debt (hardly a helping hand really if you think about it!) something like a payment plan for stamp duty perhaps? A lot of the value has been taken out of the lower end of the market by BTL, leaving the FTB competing with millionaires for a 1/2 bed flat.

BTW I don't think it is the governments responsibility to help everyone all the time, but where I am looking (N London), the stamp duty level is bang on the money in terms of the differnece between a nice home and a home I'm not sure about. I don't fancy losing half my deposit to stamp duty (thereore paying more in mortgage interest and paying out even more dead money i.e. tax) and I don't fancy buying a place in an area I don't want to live, just because I can afford it. Therefore I do neither and rent!

shame on you guys!! wheres your respect for us FTB'S we work just as hard as you do!!

Well if your serious about becoming a homeowner, you will have to work harder than us. Better you go and ask mummy can you get a second job.