House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nick..

Rents Falling?

Was really surprised today, loads of 2 bed flats around here around 900-1000 last time I looked, few months back

Cheapest now, 775, lots at about 800, one at 900, and thats it

Tenuous I know, but as a renter around here, I think its safe to say its cheaper than it was 6 months ago, and what with my landlord not putting my rents up......

:ph34r:

-edit- kinda pointless without the location : West London

Edited by Nick..

The lists on Gumtree are so long I can't be botherd to go through them.

The house next to mine has just been converted to more flats.

It's all good.

The lists on Gumtree are so long I can't be botherd to go through them.

The house next to mine has just been converted to more flats.

It's all good.

I live in South East London and I'm looking for a place to rent at the moment. Prices do seem to be the same and in some cases less as when I got my first place back in 2005.

I live in South East London and I'm looking for a place to rent at the moment. Prices do seem to be the same and in some cases less as when I got my first place back in 2005.

In exeter asking rents have increased up to 10% in the last year and quality property to rent is like rocking horse sh1t! Mostly cr@ppy apartments in prison block style buildings....

...however a lot of these are struggling to be let. No wonder!

However, lots of properties are for sale with no chain - I suspect many btls are cashig in causing a lack of rentals but a massive incrase no chain properties for sale...

our landlord has left rent static for 3 years, but has now told us he is putting it up by 17%. we're actually all moving for different reasons anyhow, so it wont matter. but did look on rightmove at rents (asked for, not got, yes, i know), and its actually still marginally below most others for the area

i just had a quick nosy on rightmove to see what was happening in my area. the house which myself, miss starship and another couple used to rent is back on the market a year after we moved out.

the asking price is £75 per month cheaper than when we lived there!

superficially at least rents are indeed falling in the S10 area of sheffield. in fact, it looks like it could be time to renegotiate our rent. we rent 2 bedrooms for £525 pcm. there are several properties in our area where you can get three beds for the same money or 2 beds for £475. a year ago 525 was a good price for our property. how times change!