House Price Crash Forum
watcher

Slough Price Reductions

Just noticed sudden increase of houses on the market in Langley area of Slough. Sutton Avenue - one of the most expensive roads in Slough now has 6 houses for sale and they are not selling. One has reduced the price from £650K to £590K.

Rightmove

There are now 7 houses for sale on Sutton Avenue.

It looks like there will be a glut of houses for a while before prices start to drop.

Anyone looking to buy in this area beware!

They are no doubt trying their luck.

That's only little more than a 10% reduction...it just looks much worse than it is.

Obviously hips will still effect them if they have 4 or more bedrooms which could be the reason for so many for sale....but quite why there's a need to save £600 or so when selling 1/2 million pound houses I don't know.

Is Sutton Ave off of one of the roads that runs from London Road to Datchet, ie Sutton Lane?

They are no doubt trying their luck.

That's only little more than a 10% reduction...it just looks much worse than it is.

Obviously hips will still effect them if they have 4 or more bedrooms which could be the reason for so many for sale....but quite why there's a need to save £600 or so when selling 1/2 million pound houses I don't know.

Is Sutton Ave off of one of the roads that runs from London Road to Datchet, ie Sutton Lane?

Sutton Avenue is off Turner Road which is off Langley Road (Near St. Bernard's Convent).

I don't think that these people are selling because of HIPS. I think that many are trying to cash-in on the boom.

Sutton Avenue is off Turner Road which is off Langley Road (Near St. Bernard's Convent).

I don't think that these people are selling because of HIPS. I think that many are trying to cash-in on the boom.

I doubt it. These don't look like investment properties. People do sell for other reasons than STR you know :unsure: